Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stephen Ward

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 11:34pm
Best of luck to him

Echo all above used to fear him in the team but he became one of our most reliable players in the last two campaigns.

Love Mick's words about him "I had him a wolves I Bought him as a striker but he played a game at left back and was brilliant so he played there from then on" LOL
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2019 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Best of luck to him

Echo all above used to fear him in the team but he became one of our most reliable players in the last two campaigns.

Love Mick's words about him "I had him a wolves I Bought him as a striker but he played a game at left back and was brilliant so he played there from then on" LOL
I always assume he had to play further back due to his nose being constantly offside.

It is a shame he hasn't hung around, I guess after the whole 'WhatsApp' affair it was best to go now. He developed into a decent left-back for club and country.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:17am
Fair play to him. Anyone who gets 50 caps can't be all bad. He definitely improved as he went on and was always learning. A player with that level of intelligence should be able to do something as a manager or coach because it shows a good level of self-awareness, willingness to learn and intelligence, all of which are more important for a coach than a player.
Gerry Geary View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gerry Geary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:28am
A sh*te Player who always was the weaker link. He had only Played 10 good games. Kept a better player like Greg Cunningham out. Marc Wilson was always better in that place

Edited by Gerry Geary - 15 Mar 2019 at 1:29am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:32am
LOL Marc Wilson!LOL My nomination as the worst player to play for Ireland. 
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 3:13am
good servant, decent player
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 6:54am
Originally posted by Gerry Geary Gerry Geary wrote:

A sh*te Player who always was the weaker link. He had only Played 10 good games. Kept a better player like Greg Cunningham out. Marc Wilson was always better in that place
You’re only on the other side of the Earth so why do you continually say stuff as if you’re on another planet completely?
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 7:25am
Yep will miss Wardy I must say , down the pecking order at Burnley also now not sure how long he has on his contract off the top of my head but retirement maybe just around the corner , who knows .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Yep will miss Wardy I must say , down the pecking order at Burnley also now not sure how long he has on his contract off the top of my head but retirement maybe just around the corner , who knows .

I think his contract's up at the end of the season.

Strange timing. Why was he named in the initial 38? Why not announce it after the Nations League? Did he get the hump at not being included in the 23? Anyway, the usual chaotic nonsense.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:23am
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

You’re only on the other side of the Earth so why do you continually say stuff as if you’re on another planet completely?

Marc f**king Wilson. Dear god the worst defender I’ve ever seen in green you clown.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:32am
So was his last ever game the 1-5 horror show against Denmark? Talk about saving your worst till last.

Overall though a player who improved hugely as time went on. Was a bombscare for his first few caps and then developed into one of our more solid players.
mandrake View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandrake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:34am
I liked steven ward, was a bit of a scapegoat but he was okay, I suppose every player makes mistakes but he got a bad time for it.. the whatapps thing maybe showed he cared about the team and was concerned about the setup … he's made a good living out of football in England ….
Come on Irelind
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 9:48am
A little surprised by this. Hmm.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:05pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

So was his last ever game the 1-5 horror show against Denmark? Talk about saving your worst till last.

Overall though a player who improved hugely as time went on. Was a bombscare for his first few caps and then developed into one of our more solid players.
No, it was the other horror show away to Wales last September - he went off injured during that game.

Sad way for him to finish his international career but as a few others have said, that leaked WhatsApp recording since that game would made it very difficult for him to return anyway.
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sullivinho View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sullivinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 12:15pm
Solid player. Cool head. Low fat.

I'll think of him every time I run past my refrigerator.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I will see you with Paul Butler, and raise you with Joe Lapira.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I will see you with Paul Butler, and raise you with Joe Lapira.

Jon Macken! The worst ever
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2019 at 2:16pm

LOL

Never thought a churlish post like that about a decent servant for our nationa team could make me chuckle. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546>
  Share Topic