Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Shelbourne

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2019 at 12:10am
What price are Shels to win the first division? 

Edited by max - 06 Jan 2019 at 12:10am
Sponsored Links

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 10:51am
Not sure what price but Bray spending big too so I don't think it's a 1 horse race

The win or bust (or both) comments I don't think are true tbh. Shels are debt free for the 1st time since Ollie's years, new board there, new investor etc. Shels have been extremely frugal since 2006 and I'd be fairly surprised if we were spending above our means all of a sudden
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

What price are Shels to win the first division? 

Market not up but I expect shels to be red hot favourites. They've a team that would stay up in the Premier 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Not sure what price but Bray spending big too so I don't think it's a 1 horse race

The win or bust (or both) comments I don't think are true tbh. Shels are debt free for the 1st time since Ollie's years, new board there, new investor etc. Shels have been extremely frugal since 2006 and I'd be fairly surprised if we were spending above our means all of a sudden
Any idea who it is? I assume it's a sugar daddy really, an investor expects return on his investment, not a hope the LoI can produce a return
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:12pm
Isint it the lad who left rovers? Wanted in there as he’s a fan but the love was unrequited so he upped and left for rovers lite. Apparently he’s fairly ruthless too, by all accounts was talking to heary about extending his deal a day before giving him the old heave hoLOL I think I like him.

Edited by oldbilly - 10 Jan 2019 at 9:13pm
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 1:44pm
Yeah Andrew Doyle (ex Rovers) is the investor. The figure thrown around earlier this year was €500k investment, but not sure how accurate that is. I honestly don't know the ins and outs of our finances. Here is a link to an article earlier in the year, don't think there has been much in the press since:

Also, Kilduff and Conan Byrne are part time. They signed as it suits them professionally (both teachers). So I don't think Shels are 'throwing around money' to the extent you might think

Edited by Gaz - 11 Jan 2019 at 1:49pm
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:19pm
Paddy power have shels at 1/2 and next are Bray at 4/1
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2019 at 8:56pm

Yeah Andrew Doyle (ex Rovers) is the investor. The figure thrown around earlier this year was €500k investment, but not sure how accurate that is. I honestly don't know the ins and outs of our finances. Here is a link to an article earlier in the year, don't think there has been much in the press since:

Also, Kilduff and Conan Byrne are part time. They signed as it suits them professionally (both teachers). So I don't think Shels are 'throwing around money' to the extent you might think

Kilduff was hardly teaching when he was at Rovers, Dundalk and in the US and would have been playing full time?
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

saintjoey View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saintjoey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 9:13am
There's part time clubs in the top division who would have taken them players too. Add in the likes of brennan and likely luke.byrne on the way its clear they are spending a right few quid. No point playing it down if yer man can afford it so what but they have to go up imo 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2019 at 9:31am
Using Bohs as an example of another debt free club, averaging over 2k attendance & 3 match day bars jammed. Shels with 600 and 1 small bar. The spending certainly looks unsustainable and seems no one has learned anything over the past 10 years. 
Finances aside it’s ve a very exciting time as a fan, I’m sure Morris will turn out to be a very astute signing
1980 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 7:57am
Originally posted by oldbilly oldbilly wrote:

Isint it the lad who left rovers? Wanted in there as he’s a fan but the love was unrequited so he upped and left for rovers lite.

He’s not invested in Finn Harps.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

Kilduff was hardly teaching when he was at Rovers, Dundalk and in the US and would have been playing full time?

He's starting out as a teacher it was I should have said

http://https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/3601760/ciaran-kilduff-loi-return-shelbourne-teaching-plans/
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:27am
Originally posted by saintjoey saintjoey wrote:

There's part time clubs in the top division who would have taken them players too. Add in the likes of brennan and likely luke.byrne on the way its clear they are spending a right few quid. No point playing it down if yer man can afford it so what but they have to go up imo 

As I said I don't know the ins and outs of the finances. My concern with being financed by an investor would be having players on large contracts and then the investor pulls the plug. Hopefully it is not the case and as I said I can't see Shels doing that after the last decade plus of hell
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 9:29am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Using Bohs as an example of another debt free club, averaging over 2k attendance & 3 match day bars jammed. Shels with 600 and 1 small bar. The spending certainly looks unsustainable and seems no one has learned anything over the past 10 years. 
Finances aside it’s ve a very exciting time as a fan, I’m sure Morris will turn out to be a very astute signing

Agree with your first point and hope you're wrong on the 2nd! Time will tell
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 12:52pm

Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

He's starting out as a teacher it was I should have said

Cheers Gaz and well done on winning the division Thumbs Up
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2019 at 2:29pm
LOL
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 1:11pm
Luke Byrne and Darragh Noone sighed now.

They have a decent premier division team together, will walk the league.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2019 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Luke Byrne and Darragh Noone sighed now.

They have a decent premier division team together, will walk the league.
That’s team would certainly be able to stay up in the premier division. They went close to beating Drogheda in the playoffs last year so will be firm favourites to win the league this year. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 18>
  Share Topic