You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 465>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wild Rover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:47am
dont think hes signed yet
Niall Quinn is god
Sponsored Links

Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Wild Rover Wild Rover wrote:

dont think hes signed yet

BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:16am
Just signed according to ssn. Initial fee of £350,000
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:28am
Originally posted by BaileNúisBhoy BaileNúisBhoy wrote:

Just signed according to ssn. Initial fee of £350,000

Congrats James

Jonesy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:31am
apparently SAFC signed him after watching him play v man city in the dublin super cup
Get Double Maxim in the Clarehall Dublin Tesco ASAP
ColG View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:34am
Yup he just signed
Hopefully big things for the young lad
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Jonesy Jonesy wrote:

apparently SAFC signed him after watching him play v man city in the dublin super cup

I seriously doubt that. I'd say more likely they were one of a few who have been keeping an eye out for a while. James was carrying a bit of an injury into that game as was fairly terrible by the standards he's set all year.
@AntrimMan85
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:48am
Initial fee of €400,000. What terms are in the deal that allow this fee to grow?

If Derry have any sense they will use this money for long term initatives such as improving facilities at the bradywell, setting up a youth academy etc rather than players wages/signing new players.

I hope there is a clause in the deal for 10-15% of any sell on fee.

If Cork City had had that in the Shane Long deal they would be getting £700k this week

No player should be sold from the LOI without such a clause to go with the initial fee

Edited by Jerryfromkerry - 09 Aug 2011 at 11:07am
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:51am
Originally posted by ColG ColG wrote:

Good to hear young lads coming on board Dont really know much about him but hopefully I will soon!!

were have you been since march Confused
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:53am

Spot on Jerry.

Youth academy seems in decent enough shape with some of the young talent being produced in Derry but I think the Stadium is pretty much every Derry Fan's priority.

Now, 350K obviously wont buy a stadium but hope it goes towards getting the ball rolling on something. Sorting out Merchandising would be a very worthy use of the money as well - its shambolic really.

Apparently the sell on clause is 15%.
@AntrimMan85
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 11:02am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Spot on Jerry.

Youth academy seems in decent enough shape with some of the young talent being produced in Derry but I think the Stadium is pretty much every Derry Fan's priority.

Now, 350K obviously wont buy a stadium but hope it goes towards getting the ball rolling on something. Sorting out Merchandising would be a very worthy use of the money as well - its shambolic really.

Apparently the sell on clause is 15%.

That's a pretty good deal when you consider the peanuts some of the leagues better players have moved on for in recent years. Other clubs should take note.

Not much good though if their accountant doesnt advise them about "matching policy"

Edited by Jerryfromkerry - 09 Aug 2011 at 1:43pm
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Delighted we got McClean on board , its priceless having so have many EPL players available to Trap  Thumbs Up

surprised you even know who he is

Seriously was there a need for that?

I dont support a LOI Team so therefore its shock that i knew who one of the leagues best players was........Get a grip
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
DG80 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DG80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

If Derry have any sense they will use this money for long term initatives such as improving facilities at the bradywell, setting up a youth academy etc rather than players wages/signing new players.

If Cork City had had that in the Shane Long deal they would be getting £700k this week

i'd say derry will us the money to pay off existing debt?

afaik, cork had a sell on clause for long but they bought it out a few years ago when they were fcuked.

EDIT: mixed up long and doyle. they bought out doyles sell on fee.

Edited by DG80 - 09 Aug 2011 at 2:28pm
cup champions
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 5:32pm

The only way is up
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 4:14am
Originally posted by DG80 DG80 wrote:

Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

i'd say derry will us the money to pay off existing debt?

afaik, cork had a sell on clause for long but they bought it out a few years ago when they were fcuked.

EDIT: mixed up long and doyle. they bought out doyles sell on fee.

What existing Debt?

The last holding company went bust. We are in legal and finacial terms, a new club.
@AntrimMan85
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 4:20am
I see Brian Kerr claiming that the allegiance issue does not sit well with him ahead of the Faroe's game with the Pub Team. Yet he played Clinton Morrison , with whom Ive no problem with, just would like to point the hypocrisoacy of his statement. Surely someone like James from Derry would have more of a right than a 3rd generation player born and bred in England.
Drummerboy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drummerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 5:17am
I like Brian Kerr but he seems to have serious dose of sour grapes. Wise up Brian, you seem to have conviently forgotten that you played a Belfast lad named Crossan way back in the the nineties.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 7:18am
Originally posted by John W John W wrote:

I see Brian Kerr claiming that the allegiance issue does not sit well with him ahead of the Faroe's game with the Pub Team. Yet he played Clinton Morrison , with whom Ive no problem with, just would like to point the hypocrisoacy of his statement. Surely someone like James from Derry would have more of a right than a 3rd generation player born and bred in England.

Saw that.  It's actually staggering hyoprisy seeing as it was him who began picking northern born players such as Ger Crossley for his underage teams.....

Always had time for Kerr but his bitterness really does him no favours...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 465>
  Share Topic