Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 400401402403404 460>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 6:57am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

We pretty much sl*g all other countries at some level, the Welsh, Scottish, Ozzies etc. 
I mean if you think Irish people are in any way hindered by their nationality you're nuts, we are EU citizens, white, and about as privileged by birth as it gets. 

I'd presume by making a comment like that you must be a young fella. That is the case now, by and large, but as recently as the 1980s being Irish in the UK was a massive hindrance. And 'sl*gging' is not the same as blatant discrimination 

Recently ? 1980 is 40 years ago ffs 

spent 10 years in England 89-98 never experienced any discrimination and that with the provos in their town planning phase 
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Sponsored Links

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 7:01am
James McClean is 100% spot on
It's sad he doesn't get the support
God forbid I'm worried that it's gonna take something terrible to happen for things to even remotely begin to change
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 8:44am
Look we all know what James thinks of the Crown etc etc , but in all that time i am sure there would have been a chance of him playing in the mainland  Europe if he really wanted to get away from it all .

Sometimes i think he likes to bring on himself , now i maybe wrong .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Look we all know what James thinks of the Crown etc etc , but in all that time i am sure there would have been a chance of him playing in the mainland  Europe if he really wanted to get away from it all .

This is up there with the stupidest thing anyone has ever posted on here. Youd want to wise up. Nothing he has ever articulated justifies people making death threats against his family. In fact the vast majority of opinions he expressed have been very measured. Why should he have to move?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 8:59am

I don’t think there’s any question about that. 

Edited by 9fingers - 16 Feb 2021 at 9:00am
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 9:19am

Uncle Tom 
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 9:29am
Uncle Tim
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 10:11am

am I reading this right, as in you're basically blaming the victim here?
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 10:20am

A classic idiotic Murph statement.

Yea, James wants his wife to receive death threats and for his kids to be abused! F**king dope.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 10:23am
Not blaming him but if you have a choice where you can work did it not cross his mind , that's what i am saying .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 10:35am
Some of the comments on here echo the responses of the people who are defending McClean getting death threats towards his family. He  stupidly posted a picture of himself wearing a balaclava 2 years and got reprimanded, fined and apologised for it. What about the 8yrs of abuse before that directed towards him and his family simply for being Irish and refusing to wear an emblem for an army who committed so many atrocities in his home city?
Dragon_Khan View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dragon_Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 10:35am
Originally posted by GaretFarellysNutSack GaretFarellysNutSack wrote:

We pretty much sl*g all other countries at some level, the Welsh, Scottish, Ozzies etc. 
I mean if you think Irish people are in any way hindered by their nationality you're nuts, we are EU citizens, white, and about as privileged by birth as it gets. 

I have lived in the UK the last 9 years almost now, the amount of casual anti-Irish jargon in every day use is surprisingly high. Especially in working class circles. 

Anti-Irish sentiment is still very alive and well in England sadly and whilst it is a million times better than what it used to be, it still ain't right how a lot of people view us over here
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 10:37am

Not blaming him but if you have a choice where you can work did it not cross his mind , that's what i am saying .

Not blaming him yet blaming him.
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 10:45am
Originally posted by Dragon_Khan Dragon_Khan wrote:

I have lived in the UK the last 9 years almost now, the amount of casual anti-Irish jargon in every day use is surprisingly high. Especially in working class circles. 

Anti-Irish sentiment is still very alive and well in England sadly and whilst it is a million times better than what it used to be, it still ain't right how a lot of people view us over here

I was there for 7 years and apart from the odd little jibe never experienced anything.
Do you think we don't have our own cohort of anti-everything people here in Ireland? The amount of taxi drivers giving out about n*ggers and foreigners, and even friends of mine from childhood that have troglodyte views on foreigners and black people. These people are everywhere, James unfortunately has managed to bring them out of the woodwork more so than others. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 10:53am
Also anyone who does not want abuse online can just get off twiiter or Instagram or whatever. No one is forcing them to stay. Im not specifically talking about James on this. Anyone. 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 10:59am
Is this for real?
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 11:18am
That girl brought on the groping by wearing a short skirt, she really should’ve known better 
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 11:31am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Also anyone who does not want abuse online can just get off twiiter or Instagram or whatever. No one is forcing them to stay. Im not specifically talking about James on this. Anyone. 

I don't the bullets in the post came via social media.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 400401402403404 460>
  Share Topic