Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 376377378379380 460>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 6:41pm
Moments like this always remind you what a decent egg he is.
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

As noted previously, James is a generous guy who has made numerous contributions to good causes over the years-some you hear about, many you don't as he does not shout about it. I see his brother Patrick has put up a strong defence of James over the recent social media spat in an interview with the Derry Journal. Paddy plays for Glentoran, whom he joined from Derry City. He has had an excellent season but may well now attract a bit of odium from some of the wilder east Belfast fringes of the Glens' fan base for speaking out.

Paddy's post was in relation to the messages that he got.

He got 40 messages from people wanting his children to die.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 8:25pm
Just seen some of this stuff. Aimed at very young children. Beyond vile and certainly criminal.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 2:57pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 3:28pm
I see he has gone sounding off at Gary Breen and Stephen Hunt - Jaysus, would do himself so many favours if he kept himself to himself for a bit. 
gmfc90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmfc90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I see he has gone sounding off at Gary Breen and Stephen Hunt - Jaysus, would do himself so many favours if he kept himself to himself for a bit. 

"Gary doesn’t know the League of Ireland. If he did, he would know Stephen (Kenny) fully deserves this job and he hasn’t been a failure anywhere else.

"I have also seen people like Stephen Hunt saying senior players are going to be worried and this and that, but Stephen Hunt's international career didn’t really pull up many trees.

"Stephen is probably best known for his clash with Petr Cech, so for him to give his opinion on Stephen Kenny is a joke."

He's not really wrong though
Danger here, OH NO
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

"Gary doesn’t know the League of Ireland. If he did, he would know Stephen (Kenny) fully deserves this job and he hasn’t been a failure anywhere else.

"I have also seen people like Stephen Hunt saying senior players are going to be worried and this and that, but Stephen Hunt's international career didn’t really pull up many trees.

"Stephen is probably best known for his clash with Petr Cech, so for him to give his opinion on Stephen Kenny is a joke."

I could easily build a case counter that point and I'm just an average fan. Point being it's just conjecture and opinion so why bother sounding off? Only thing I can think of is maybe he's looking at the younger players coming in and is worried for is place in the Ireland squad as is trying to get himself in favour with the new manager. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 4:11pm
He can defend Kenny without having an unnecessary pop at Hunt, regardless of whether he is correct or not. It makes him look foolish.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 4:13pm

Originally posted by gmfc90 gmfc90 wrote:

I could easily build a case counter that point and I'm just an average fan. Point being it's just conjecture and opinion so why bother sounding off? Only thing I can think of is maybe he's looking at the younger players coming in and is worried for is place in the Ireland squad as is trying to get himself in favour with the new manager. 

Kenny brought him through at Derry so he's obviously a loyalty there. I don't think that what Breen said was really out of line looking at it, people are ridiculously touchy these days whenever anyone offers an opnion. You could certainly argue that Kenny failed at Dunfermline and at Rovers for various reasons, for a start. Sounds more like James is taking his cue from social media outrage rather than what Breen actually said. 

"People are putting a lot of faith in Stephen but he hasn't the CV to warrant that.

"Everyone keeps talking about Dundalk, but he has failed elsewhere. He has still a lot to prove so don't build him up so much and give him some time.

"The hope is that the players are able to step up or that Kenny's preferred style of play can be implemented into the senior squad now and they've got the capabilities to do that.

"I met Stephen Kenny for the first time just before Christmas and I spent about half-an-hour with him after just bumping into him. He was engaging, he sounded meticulous and I enjoyed the conversation.

"From watching his U21s team and talking to Keith (Andrews) who is my friend, he was telling me what they're trying to achieve, what they've done well and what they need to improve on.

"That was music to my ears in terms of preparing this squad and leaving no stone un-turned. It is exciting, I want to look forward and I'm hoping that he can live up to the billing."

Edited by Drumcondra 69er - 10 Apr 2020 at 4:22pm
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 4:36pm
His charity work is commendable but he's becoming a bit of a circus... mostly of his own doing 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 4:37pm
Hunt is a complete clown and no surprise now he’s robbing a living as a football agent. Breen is supposed to be an impartial pundit but he has let his past relationship with McCarthy get in the way. He also spent a few months last year deflecting from the issues within the FAI. Hunt defended Delaney too plenty last year after the ship had sailed Ouch

Whether or not McClean was right to sound them out is another story but he’s not the only one that realises they are sh*te talkers.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Hunt is a complete clown and no surprise now he’s robbing a living as a football agent. Breen is supposed to be an impartial pundit but he has let his past relationship with McCarthy get in the way. He also spent a few months last year deflecting from the issues within the FAI. Hunt defended Delaney too plenty last year after the ship had sailed Ouch

Whether or not McClean was right to sound them out is another story but he’s not the only one that realises they are sh*te talkers.

What exactly did Breen say that warrants that response? Have I missed something? 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 4:47pm
Second time during the lockdown period that McClean has been in the media for unnecessary reasons. Breen is well liked amongst Irish fans, and he drew some assumptions. 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

What exactly did Breen say that warrants that response? Have I missed something? 

He was broadly negative about the prospects of the team under Kenny but he would be happy if he’s wrong... it was more the overall tone of his appearance on Off The Ball last Sunday

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Second time during the lockdown period that McClean has been in the media for unnecessary reasons. Breen is well liked amongst Irish fans, and he drew some assumptions. 

He’s well liked amongst fans? Are these people on 1st name terms with him and who are they? 

Have you heard him on his media duties?
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 4:52pm

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

He’s well liked amongst fans? Are these people on 1st name terms with him and who are they? 

Have you heard him on his media duties?

The consensus of fans is that Breen is well regarded. I can’t speak to facts and figures but he has always had the liking of Irish fans.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 4:54pm

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

He was broadly negative about the prospects of the team under Kenny but he would be happy if he’s wrong... it was more the overall tone of his appearance on Off The Ball last Sunday

He was being paid for his opinion and gave it. I wouldn't listen to Off the Ball if I was paid, but I don't see anything to suggest he was out of order.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2020 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He can defend Kenny without having an unnecessary pop at Hunt, regardless of whether he is correct or not. It makes him look foolish.

Exactly. I'm happy one of our senior players is defending our new manager but it's poor form to have a go at Hunt like that. 

I loved Hunt when he played for us. Great energy and wound up the opposition and I do remember him being a decent crosser when he whipped it in high from the left with plenty of pace. Better than McClean could anyway LOL 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 376377378379380 460>
  Share Topic