Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363364365366367 465>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Decent interview with him on OTB,regarding the sectarian abuse,he was very critical of hunderland who hung him out to dry ,praised Wigan and Stoke on how they handled the situation,seems to fancy a move to the MLS in the future,spoke a lot about his daughter and her condition,comes across as an all round top lad.

Groundbreaking news there.

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Sponsored Links

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 10:04am
It's hard not to like him and what he stands for. 

We could do with an aul performance from him in Slovakia 
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 10:34am
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Decent interview with him on OTB,regarding the sectarian abuse,he was very critical of hunderland who hung him out to dry ,praised Wigan and Stoke on how they handled the situation,seems to fancy a move to the MLS in the future,spoke a lot about his daughter and her condition,comes across as an all round top lad.

Confused emmmmmmmm  yea......
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 4:58pm
Enjoyed the interview. He actually speaks very well.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 7:50pm

Every chance McClean gets he brings up his time at Sunderland and how the club didn't support him, it's nothing new at this stage and repetitive beyond belief.

He is right the club didn't do enough to support him and many Sunderland agree, but for f**k sake he's needs to move on and get over it.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 7:56pm

Every chance McClean gets he brings up his time at Sunderland and how the club didn't support him, it's nothing new at this stage and repetitive beyond belief.

He is right the club didn't do enough to support him and many Sunderland agree, but for f**k sake he's needs to move on and get over it.

I havent watched it yet but i guess he was asked? 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

I havent watched it yet but i guess he was asked? 
Exactly he was asked and he answered, and he will keep answering and rightly so when asked about what he had to endure 
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 8:13pm
As well as counting his latest interview the other day, here are just a few examples of going over the same ground time and time again. Nothing none of us ever heard before and it wouldn't be uncommon for people getting interviewed to skip a question they've been asked countless times, no?

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 8:17pm
Probably best for you not the read or listen to his interview's then?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 8:20pm

As well as counting his latest interview the other day, here are just a few examples of going over the same ground time and time again. Nothing none of us ever heard before and it wouldn't be uncommon for people getting interviewed to skip a question they've been asked countless times, no?

You're being an eejit here just because of your support of Sunderland 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 8:21pm
Why skip the question there’s a point to be made and he still makes it well to the extent that the FA are backing him now, if he was a black English player should he skip the question of racism if it was asked ?  
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 8:29pm
I've read and listened to plenty of what's he's said before Horsey, he's not covering anything new re what happened him at Sunderland.

@McG, how am I being an ejet when I openly criticized Sunderland for not backing him in a post literally a post or two above yours? 

I was a very harsh critic of Sunderland's lack of support for him at the time, but he's gone from the club 7 years now. McClean could be a huge asset to the FA in regard to what's happening in the now especially, we all know what went on at Sunderland and bringing up the events of 7 years ago time and time again aren't going to do much for improving what's going on right now imo.

Highlighting the abuse he gets at various grounds up and down the UK while playing for Stoke will definitely force the FA's hand in the now to take proper action and would be more useful in combating the problem, no?

Edited by Green Devil - 30 Jan 2020 at 8:36pm

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 10:20pm
He loves the Eire.
He loves to give a heartfelt interview. 
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 9:48am
He has given an interview for a Hot Press news article 12 years ago, and that's all he is going to say on the matter. 
The dark side.. And the light
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2020 at 3:40pm
Another goal for Jamesie today. Thumbs Up
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 10:37am
In serious form, could do with him sticking in a few goals at the end of March.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2020 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

In serious form, could do with him sticking in a few goals at the end of March.

He's scored 6 goals and has 5 assists this season which is a good return.

Have his overall performances improved? His shortcomings generally come with him being wasteful in possession, lack discipline, poor quality in the cross etc.  

Would still think ireland would be better with Stevens as wing back on the left but if he's in good form that would be good.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363364365366367 465>
  Share Topic