You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 343344345346347 460>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:53am
McCleans best performances have come away from home where he has put in good defensive shifts combined with a hard competitive edge and an eye for a goal on the break. In games where more control and finesse in possession of the ball is needed he is found wanting. Based on last night, the approach to home games will be based on possession and creativity. So i think McClean should be used in away games where his better attributes are required and only in home games to make an impact from the bench.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

greengooner View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengooner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:12am
J McC needs to apologise for his comments about the protest being "stupid". AngryAngryAngry
Then we can love him again!!

Platini are you listening
You'd better keep your trophy glistening
Cos we'll be over next year
To drink all your beer,
Walking in an Irish Wonderland.
max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:30am
Incredibly frustrating when he crossed that ball at the end!
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:43am
I thought he was anonymous in the first half but improved big time in the second. His end product frequently lets him down though. 
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:45am
Originally posted by greengooner greengooner wrote:

J McC needs to apologise for his comments about the protest being "stupid". AngryAngryAngry
Then we can love him again!!

James just needs to learn how to cross a ball as well as he can cross a border and we'd all be happy.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 10:47am
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Incredibly frustrating when he crossed that ball at the end!

It was almost like “Barbarians” style football. It was a poor decision which put us under pressure needlessly. Of course, there is also a part of me that enjoyed the decision on his part as progressive and forward thinking with a view to killing the game off.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 11:12am
Impact player and nothing else.

We need a Winger with more guile and quality on the ball than him if we’re looking to be more possession based and patient.

McClean will always thrive more in an all action, minimal phase side like in an O”Neill team. He gets found out to an extent when theres more emphasis on keeping the ball, slower build up play etc

Edited by Green Devil - 27 Mar 2019 at 11:13am
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 11:50am
Despite the goals, don’t believe he is preferable to Robinson, O’Dowda, or Brady.

Agree with others that his best role is coming off the bench, fired up and aggressive and attacking a tiring full back.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 11:56am
Be interesting to see if he will still be in the team when the likes of Robinson, O'Dowda are fit, I'd even have Brady ahead of him at the moment as he isn't that comfortable on the right even though I will say he done OK last night again due to probably being told by the manager what he wanted from him tactically, I though he drifted in well to allow Coleman to overlap him and seemed to switch positions with Hendrick and McClean at times.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2019 at 9:41pm
scores tonight but they lose, only his 2nd goal of the season
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 2:09pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 3:24pm
Terrence is a very angry nordie
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 3:27pm
Shame-us? I'll inform Mr. McClean that he should get himself off to the burns unit right away.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Terrence is a very angry nordie
"Angry"?

I think you mean "amused". 

Albeit easily amused... Wink
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 4:03pm
This thread will be comedy gold when we play OWC in the 2020 play-offs next March...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 4:30pm
The mask slips...
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 5:07pm
coont foreskin at it gain w**ker
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 5:08pm
Have a week off Terri. On the day when a young woman is buried as a result of the actions of dissidents, you choose to reference them in yet another thinly veiled as banter but in reality hate filled rant about James McClean. Save that crap for OWC where youd be much better suited.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 343344345346347 460>
  Share Topic