Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 318319320321322 465>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 9:48am
Was surprised to see him starting last night, Pardew must have shuffled his pack after the win at Liverpool in the cup.
Sponsored Links

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

After seeing it on MOTD, it was a pretty bad tackle now. Looks worse on the TV as opposed to a phone
No intentions of getting the ball

You’re an absolute clown.
First you didn’t see it, just what twitter told you, then you did see it but on a phone and it looked fine, then you saw on it on tv and it was awful despite getting f**k all coverage.
just keep digging

I admit, I have flip flopped over the incident a few times. LOL

Several journalists reporting from the game on Twitter said it was worse than the tackle on Sane. I reported this. This was bollocks.

I saw it on my phone and it didn't look as bad, but being honest and with the blinkers off (I'm a big fan of McClean, but call things as I see them) it didn't look too good on MOTD whether they highlighted it in the after game analysis or not.
I got a clearer view of it on a widescreen TV than a phone. He flies in, nowhere near the ball and kind of leads with his heel. His only intention is to take the man down. In a way its similar to the tackle on Sane, in that the only intention is to stop a man running at their defence, but the only difference is he doesn't make contact. It looks bad as the gasps by the crowd and commentator prove. De Bruyne was lucky. Yellow card was a correct decision

I think it would have got more coverage on MOTD if it had been that serious. McClean has an edge to his game, but he is earmarked in England as the dreaded "that sort of player" when (for example) Dele Alli has 'a petulant side to his game at times'. I'm absolutely sure that's all for purely footballing reasons and there couldnt possibly be any other reason, but whatever the reason the MOTD lads wouldnt pass up a chance to have a pop at McClean over dangerous play.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 10:03am
It probably would have got more coverage on MOTD had the Phillips incident not occurred later, as it was worse.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 10:16am
Poor challenge booking, no big deal. If it were anyone else it wouldn't have been mentioned!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 10:21am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Poor challenge booking, no big deal. If it were anyone else it wouldn't have been mentioned!

This.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 11:29am

This.

Not true. It's due to numerous bad challenges on Man City players of late
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 11:50am
http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/manchester-city/382/blog/post/3368106/guardiola-right-to-complain-as-citys-rough-treatment-becoming-a-joke

From this article, I agree with the last line:

However, you have to feel some sympathy for the official over McClean's attack on De Bruyne's ankles. It was a lose-lose situation for the referee, who couldn't issue a red card and allow City the advantage, from which they went on to score. The West Brom midfielder was lucky he didn't make better contact -- had De Bruyne been felled, the referee would have stopped play and could easily have flashed a red card. He could have tried to stop the counter with a simple trip; he didn't need to leap into the air and dive in at the midfielder from behind with no hope of winning the ball.

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 5:03pm

This.
Ah lads come on baggio’s dream team of drug cheats are getting murdered every game by these thugs on other teams , I am surprised he has not been looking for these players to be locked up for tackles like James one
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2018 at 5:30pm
the bitterness is brilliant
Drink it in man

They’ve just played an interview with Pardew on talksport about the challenges who admitted some of them were very bad and that McCleans was probably the worst although there was no intent. But hey, what would he know?

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 01 Feb 2018 at 5:31pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 10:36am
James being linked with a move to Celtic once again I can't see BR going for it.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

James being linked with a move to Celtic once again I can't see BR going for it.

WBA quoted £15m for McClean during the last transfer window, and I can't see Celtic being willing to part with that sort of money for a player like James - or indeed any player. In fact their record transfer fee paid is still the £6m they paid for Hartson/Sutton the guts of two decades ago.

There's no doubt he'd be effective in the Scottish Premiership, however.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 11:17am
Realistically I think his value is more £3m
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 12:03pm
What kind of wages is he on? Can Celtic match that?
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

He is on around 25-30k per week.
However at 29 there is no resale value.

I can’t see BR buying him unless it was a free transfer.

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 12:31pm
A move to Celtic would obviously necessitate a wage cut, but if James wanted the move to happen as much as you suspect he would, then wages oughtn't to be too much of an issue.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 8:03pm
contract until 2019 with a further year club option.. if their financial difficulties are as bad as recently reported maybe they'd let him go on the cheap..then again hes a quality player in the championship
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

He is on around 25-30k per week.
However at 29 there is no resale value.

I can’t see BR buying him unless it was a free transfer.

Exactly and he hardly fits in with the model of players that Rogers likes whoa are technically good.
AKA pedantic kunt
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2018 at 8:41pm
Don't think his club form would put him in much of a position to negotiate a move unfortunately. He's Championship level, agent is likely just trying to drum up interest.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 318319320321322 465>
  Share Topic