You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 460>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 10:55am
just seen david healy whinging on ssn about his defection to us, christ they really are living up to their bitter billing.
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Sponsored Links

Godot View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 11:13am
Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

Great news about this McClean lad but God.. why are we pruducing so many gifted wingers. Duff, McGeady, Alex O Haleran(Liverpool academy) to name a few off the top of my head and now the next serious prospect to jump off the conveyer belt is a winger as well. Not a decent midfielder in sight since the days of Roy Keane- apart from maybe McCarthyCry

Stephen Hunt, Keith Treacy and Robbie Brady too. 

I don't believe we're in the middle of a famine of decent Irish midfielders, just for one reason or another we haven't played them.

James McCarthy: variety of reasons
Stephen Ireland: retired
Steven Reid: retired
David Meyler: injuries
Chris McCann: injuries
Wes Hoolahan: too attacking for Trap
magnumpi View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magnumpi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 11:41am

Who was interviewing him? Surely the first question would be, "How can you be surprised that he wants to play for the Republic given the treatment of players from similar backgrounds and also in light of the fact that Northern Ireland have zero chance of qualifying for a major tournament?

or "Do you the think the death-threats he would receive if he did decide to play for Northern Ireland would act as a source of inspiration and boost his level of performance, in a stick and stick approach to motivation?"

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 12:00pm

Not a decent midfielder in sight since the days of Roy Keane- apart from maybe McCarthyCry

I have faith in David Meyler...
The only way is up
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 12:10pm
Well done James Clap 

Nigel Worthless           
Point And Laugh                                    
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

just seen david healy whinging on ssn about his defection to us, christ they really are living up to their bitter billing.

Healy has done more interviews than score goals in the past 4 years
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Not a decent midfielder in sight since the days of Roy Keane- apart from maybe McCarthyCry

Me aswell. Big question marks over his fitness though
Sloop John G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by BaileNúisBhoy BaileNúisBhoy wrote:

Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Me aswell. Big question marks over his fitness though
The fact that he has been treated by the same doctor as Michael Essien doesn't fill me with confidence. Essien is out for the rest of the year, I hope Meyler holds up better than him.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Getting gerry armstrong in to persuade players is absolutely pathetic even by their standards

I doubt many teenagers have a fookin notion who the chap even is
You obviously don't know anything about football then.
The Drifter View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Drifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 5:39pm
great news. always love to hear a new lad from our wee country declare for the real boys in green. 

what is the story with shane ferguson as well?? anybody any updates on him? last i heard was it was just speculation because he didn't accept nigel worthless invitation
My dream has always been to play for the Republic of Ireland - James McClean.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by mccarticus mccarticus wrote:

Great to see another one on board from the feeder squad, any word on Barton? is he definitely with us?

needed by club for carling cup match
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 6:39pm
Have high hopes for McCann and Meyler if they both can stay injury free.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 3:38am
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 5:38am
That article is spot on
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 7:17am

Delighted we got McClean on board , its priceless having so have many EPL players available to Trap  Thumbs Up

"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Delighted we got McClean on board , its priceless having so have many EPL players available to Trap  Thumbs Up

surprised you even know who he is
ColG View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:05am
Good to hear young lads coming on board Dont really know much about him but hopefully I will soon!!
Howdo View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howdo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 9:40am
Has he actually signed for Sunderland yet?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 460>
  Share Topic