You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 437438439440441 460>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 2:48pm
Signs a new, year long deal with Wigan. 

Edited by cardwizzard - 23 May 2023 at 2:51pm
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Signs a new, year long deal with Wigan. 

No he didn’t 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 10:02pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

On Wigans retained list as a contracted player for the 23/24 campaign.

https://wiganathletic.com/news/2023/may/23/wigan-athletic-confirm-retained-list-ahead-of-the-2023-24-campaign-/

Signed his 1 year extension last pre season he was never out of contract! He posted on his instagram.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 10:54pm
What a strange club that they don't announce new contracts. Similar with Keane signing a three year deal last summer and nothing from them about it.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 2:35pm
Wigan docked another four points for failure to pay wages on time and will now start next season on -8 points.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 2:38pm
Disaster, I was reading Twitter and Wigan fans were saying McClean hasn't been paid in ages.

The context was about McClean signing an extended deal for the year - and that he still hasn't been paid for last season.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 3:01pm
Maybe it's not what he wants, but as a soon to be 100 cap international you would think there would be a decent MLS or Middle East contract available to him for a couple of years rather than getting messed about by Wigan and having to slum it down in League 1 for little reward. Then go home and play a year or two in Derry after that.

If they're not paying him then presumably that's a breach of contract and he could walk away?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 3:01pm
Five times they've been late paying wages this season. Were given the 8 points deduction last week with 4 points of it suspended for a year. EFL triggered the extra four points after Wigan failed to deposit 125 per cent of the club’s monthly wage bill into an account this week.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Maybe it's not what he wants, but as a soon to be 100 cap international you would think there would be a decent MLS or Middle East contract available to him for a couple of years rather than getting messed about by Wigan and having to slum it down in League 1 for little reward. Then go home and play a year or two in Derry after that.

If they're not paying him then presumably that's a breach of contract and he could walk away?

He doesn't seem to be a player motivated by money so I can't see him going to the Middle East. (He gives most of his money away anyway).

He also probably still thinks he has another 5+ years in the tank! The guy is a machine, super fit, very rarely injured.

He's on holiday in Dubai with the family but appears to be training every day too. I agree that he has his eye on the 100 caps. If he goes to Derry or the MSL that might be the end of this Ireland career.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 4:30pm
100%, if he'd had his 100 caps already he may well have gone. But likely to get them next month anyways so who knows .  He's a family man and puts they're happiness first, if that means playing for Wigan in league 1 so be it.
 Hopefully back with Derry soon. 
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 2:28pm
could reach 100 caps against Gibraltar

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 2:35pm
Would be good to see him leading the team out against Gibraltar for his 100th cap.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 2:41pm

Would be good to see him leading the team out against Gibraltar for his 100th cap.

LOL

Not too sure about that. He might have revenge for Operation Flavius on his mind. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 2:45pm
I see his young lad signed with Crewe. Looks to have already a better right peg on him than his da LOL

tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 2:54pm

Could happen, Duffer was given the captaincy for his 100th cap in Poland against Italy.
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
Greener92 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greener92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2023 at 11:50pm
Correct me if I’m wrong, is he not only on 97 caps at the minute?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2023 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Greener92 Greener92 wrote:

Correct me if I’m wrong, is he not only on 97 caps at the minute?

You’re wrong.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 437438439440441 460>
  Share Topic