You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 436437438439440 465>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2023 at 10:47pm
Fair play!
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 10:38am
Got dogs abuse at Blackpool at the weekend allegedly. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

There's no allegedly about it. It was the same oul "Fenian Irish c*nt" and other abuse that he gets over and over again without any action by good old English FA. 
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2023 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

There's no allegedly about it. It was the same oul "Fenian Irish c*nt" and other abuse that he gets over and over again without any action by good old English FA. 
Not much public solidarity been shown to him by his teammates...certainly nothing from his Irish teammates! Keeping their heads down I suppose. Other teams in other leagues might decide to walk off the pitch in protest.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 3:48pm
34 today.

Unbelievable levels of fitness this guy has. Can see him playing until he's 40.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2023 at 8:01pm
Blackpool now facing an FA charge as a result of the abuse directed at James by a section of their fans.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 10:58pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletic-manager-wants-star-to-carry-on-for-another-year-4124417

wigan want to extend his contract another year

Wigan are in no position to be making said demand’s unfortunately. LOL 

Maybe McClean is happy at Wigan settled family etc but he could easily manufacture a move to a Championship club in the summer if he wants. 

All presuming they do go down it looks very likely.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 5:01pm
Got the assist for Wigans goal but a late equalizer from Reading sees them relegated back to League One.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2023 at 5:28pm
Finishes the season with a Motm performance and in whoscored's totw. 11 goal involvements, 3g, 8a and has featured in every one of wigan games this season. 25th best player in the division as per the whoscored ratings. Easily good enough for another season at this level, hopefully he gets a good move. Great professional!
Idah Dream!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 3:25pm
While he's good enough to remain in the championship next season we all know how much he's loved by fans for a lot of teams in England.If he stays in England it likely might be Wigan unless they end up cutting the budget for League One.

Wouldn't be surprised if Derry becomes a serious option this summer. Doubt he'll automatically be cast aside for the rest of the campaign just because he's not playing in the Championship.

After these qualifiers we'll likely have to be looking beyond someone like McClean who'll be turning 36 a month after the qualifiers for the 2026 WC begin.
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 8:16pm
Hes at the Brandywell tonight for the Shams game
I love beer gardens
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2023 at 8:18pm
Interview with Tony at half time. Says he wants to finish his career with Derry. When who knows
I love beer gardens
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/wigan-athletic-manager-wants-star-to-carry-on-for-another-year-4124417

wigan want to extend his contract another year

Wigan are in no position to be making said demand’s unfortunately. LOL 

Maybe McClean is happy at Wigan settled family etc but he could easily manufacture a move to a Championship club in the summer if he wants. 

All presuming they do go down it looks very likely.

He couldn't do that 2 years ago when he left Stoke, no chance he gets a Championship move (as a starting player) at 34. Even Wigan fans who are voting for him as their POTS are saying he's slowing down.

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

While he's good enough to remain in the championship next season we all know how much he's loved by fans for a lot of teams in England.If he stays in England it likely might be Wigan unless they end up cutting the budget for League One.
Wouldn't be surprised if Derry becomes a serious option this summer. Doubt he'll automatically be cast aside for the rest of the campaign just because he's not playing in the Championship.

After these qualifiers we'll likely have to be looking beyond someone like McClean who'll be turning 36 a month after the qualifiers for the 2026 WC begin.

I don't think it could be justified to keep selecting him if he's playing below Championship level when we have 3 others who are still in the Championship (Manning, O'Dowda, Brady).
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 4:20pm
How do you know he didn't have offers from other Championship clubs?

Wigan have always supported and backed him and considering the threats to him and his family - he felt Wigan was a good fit.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 4:42pm
made captain today 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 5:56pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2023 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

https://twitter.com/LaticsOfficial/status/1660669436108390400

Player of the year.

Had a great season tbf - if it wasnt for the toxic mentality of the English fans, I have no doubt he'd be fielding offers from Championship clubs, but as others have said, the poppy issue may leave him short of options.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 436437438439440 465>
  Share Topic