You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 431432433434435 460>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote limerick lad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

He always seems to get it worst at scumderland and the level of Irish hatred there is sickening considering what Quinn and Keane did for them .

Totally agree with this. Even on their forums they have threads of more than 20 pages long about him. Their obsession is an embarrassment. 
just hit the fecking thing
Sponsored Links

notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 11:01am
Originally posted by limerick lad limerick lad wrote:

He always seems to get it worst at scumderland and the level of Irish hatred there is sickening considering what Quinn and Keane did for them .

Totally agree with this. Even on their forums they have threads of more than 20 pages long about him. Their obsession is an embarrassment. 

James is a target for all of their abuse because he is unapologetically proud of his nationality and refuses to keep his head down. I often hear the same hand-wringing types that scolded the video from the women's celebrations blame McClean for all this because "Shane Duffy is also from Derry and doesn't get nearly as much abuse". 

The fact is Duffy just keeps his head down, and there's nothing wrong with that either. But if he stepped out of line, stared being an uppity Paddy and got ideas above his station (in the eyes of the red tops in England and the gutter types abusing McClean), then he'd be in for the same vitriol, no doubt about it. 

McClean has had some missteps himself over the years which he acknowledges but the horrible thing is people like James aren't allowed to make a single mistake at any point. He makes a poorly judged joke about teaching his kids history and the knuckle draggers and comfy southerners all agree that while the abuse is bad, really he doesn't help himself does he? And so the abuse is justified (though they never explicitly say that).  

I've huge admiration for James, I think on the whole he is one of our greatest ever sportspeople. Maybe he never made it to the very very very top of the game but to play at the level he has for so long in his career, to get to 100 international caps as he should do and also to be dealing with everything else that he has had to since 2012 - I can't think of very many Irish sportspeople that I would put above him. 
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 11:09am
Originally posted by notpropaganda73 notpropaganda73 wrote:

James is a target for all of their abuse because he is unapologetically proud of his nationality and refuses to keep his head down. I often hear the same hand-wringing types that scolded the video from the women's celebrations blame McClean for all this because "Shane Duffy is also from Derry and doesn't get nearly as much abuse". 

The fact is Duffy just keeps his head down, and there's nothing wrong with that either. But if he stepped out of line, stared being an uppity Paddy and got ideas above his station (in the eyes of the red tops in England and the gutter types abusing McClean), then he'd be in for the same vitriol, no doubt about it. 

McClean has had some missteps himself over the years which he acknowledges but the horrible thing is people like James aren't allowed to make a single mistake at any point. He makes a poorly judged joke about teaching his kids history and the knuckle draggers and comfy southerners all agree that while the abuse is bad, really he doesn't help himself does he? And so the abuse is justified (though they never explicitly say that).  

I've huge admiration for James, I think on the whole he is one of our greatest ever sportspeople. Maybe he never made it to the very very very top of the game but to play at the level he has for so long in his career, to get to 100 international caps as he should do and also to be dealing with everything else that he has had to since 2012 - I can't think of very many Irish sportspeople that I would put above him. 
Great post. I do think it is very disappointing that he has nor received much public support from his fellow Irish professionals. I understand that there would be consequences for them.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 11:58am

20 pages ! 

Jayus - That's obsession !
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 12:14pm

20 pages ! 

Jayus - That's obsession !
And I thought Tonyjaa was obsessed with Rangers on this site? LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 12:45pm

Clap
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Originally posted by Eoink21 Eoink21 wrote:

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Sure Niall Quinn was at the game because they were celebrating something to do with him. The FA will give their sh*t statement and that will be that because it's only James McClean.

Did Sky Sports even report about it given that gowl wanting to talk about the need for possible education to Chloe Mustaki.

Quinn coming out in support of McClean would be nice... 
Yes, I think his silence on this is quite self-serving.

Quinner should given the crap James has had to endure.

After all he's done it before.

Niall Quinn has defended James McClean over his stance not to wear a poppy each year. The flower has become a symbol of support and respect to the fallen Armed Forces who have died in service....

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 7:01pm

Excellent post Clap
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2022 at 11:27pm
More mindless behaviour from the mob (plenty of examples of that recently). What McClean is rightly annoyed with is the hypocrisy from the authorities and that the abuse he receives is somehow perceived or viewed as acceptable or legitimate. 

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 11:27am
Wigan have been late paying wages for the third time in six months, and rumours the owners are looking to sell. Can see Derry make a good offer to McClean in January. Especially if funds at Wigan are tight and the club are willing to not stand in the way of some high earners leaving.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 11:34am

Wigan have been late paying wages for the third time in six months, and rumours the owners are looking to sell. Can see Derry make a good offer to McClean in January. Especially if funds at Wigan are tight and the club are willing to not stand in the way of some high earners leaving.
He was heavily linked with an MLS move three or four years ago. Wonder if he'd make a pitstop there. Hopefully he avoids the A-League anyway. If the pundits over there racially abuse a quiet lad like Zach Tuohy and mock his accent and Irishness in various segments, I can only imagine how much mileage they'd get out of someone like McClean.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 11:36am

No way is James leaving for Derry in January - he will want to be part of the upcoming campaign and he is currently playing well enough in the Championship to ensure he does. As things stand he's first choice LWB for Ireland, dont think he's going back to Derry while that remains the case.
Idah Dream!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 11:38am
James is returning to N.I. to take up a new position as a politician with the Alliance Party
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 1:03pm
I understand he bought a house in Derry recently. It’s highly likely he will return in due course to his home town club where he launched his career but he is still a top player at Championship level and I would have thought he’d continue to play there until he reaches 100 caps for Ireland. He’s close, I think it’s 95 at the moment.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I understand he bought a house in Derry recently. It’s highly likely he will return in due course to his home town club where he launched his career but he is still a top player at Championship level and I would have thought he’d continue to play there until he reaches 100 caps for Ireland. He’s close, I think it’s 95 at the moment.

It's not just the 100 caps, although I agree that will be on his mind also. He is currently in pole position to start at LWB vs the Franch in March - Brady, the other LWB named in the last squad hasnt lined out at LWB for his club since, Stevens is 32 and has barely kicked a ball in the last year and the seemingly unfancied Manning is currently injured. If he goes back to Derry (and I hope he does), it will be Jan 2024 at the earliest and hopefully not until post Euro 2024 proper.
Idah Dream!
Deane View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2022 at 1:20pm
McClean is super fit he wont be leaving England until he absolutely has to I would imagine.
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 9:39am
Subject to more anti-Irish abuse on the weekend, but this time from a section of the home fans! 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2022 at 10:44am
Rangers fans on a stag again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 431432433434435 460>
  Share Topic