Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 406407408409410 460>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 2:27pm
Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

I'm not too sure about mecleans Instagram post there. It is funny but he's going to get so much abuse over it and a bit stupid of him

What a smiling emoji?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 2:33pm
There is nothing in it.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by wexfordman1 wexfordman1 wrote:

I'm not too sure about mecleans Instagram post there. It is funny but he's going to get so much abuse over it and a bit stupid of him

It's a very benign post in fairness, but Jesus Christ. He shouldn't have social media. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:05pm
What are you's talking about? The pic of him in his Ireland gear smiling?
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

What are you's talking about? The pic of him in his Ireland gear smiling?

Yeah LOL
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:30pm
Jaysus LOL

I genuinely scrolled past it and didn't give it a 2nd thought. You'd want to be some snowflake to have a pop at him over that

I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:31pm
unlikely to play again this season according to MON and he is not happy how he was handled by Ireland. 
AKA pedantic kunt
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 3:48pm
Purely coincidental...
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 4:20pm
I love the passion he has for playing for Ireland. That’s the message there. 

I’m happy to see it given that some people think he hates playing for kenny 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 5:29pm
He was very proud to get to 80 caps. Kenny was his manager at Derry City when he got his big move to Sunderland, then a Premiership team, where he made the breakthrough. I always thought he got on well with Kenny.
TigerRoll View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TigerRoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 7:05pm
He knew what he was doing. I admire James, hugely.
But there is times when he simply doesn’t help himself. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

Ok Topper.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by TigerRoll TigerRoll wrote:

Your on a roll! Downhill though.
Jimmy Raggatip View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimmy Raggatip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 1:09am
even if we say its not related to the Prince dying, it's not a great look to be taking the piss out of a manager that has treated him well up to now. Utterly brain dead.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:46am
Are people up in arms about his picture because it was laughing at Prince Phillip or Michael O'Neill for slamming ireland?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

even if we say its not related to the Prince dying, it's not a great look to be taking the piss out of a manager that has treated him well up to now. Utterly brain dead.

How has he treated him so well?

The issue that O'Neill has is with Kenny I would imagine.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Jimmy Raggatip Jimmy Raggatip wrote:

Because he treated him equally even though James is Irish and didn't play for Northern Ireland? Because he gave him games even though James was the player of the season last year? 

I'd be very interested to hear your theories here. 

Even if James did post it regarding the comments from O'Neill, how do you know what conversation took place behind closed doors? I'm sure the media comments from James were not the first he had heard about the situation. So why do you assume James is "utterly brain dead" even though you don't know all of the facts and the facts that you do know are thin. 

This narrative that James is "utterly brain dead" is pretty dreadful. He's clearly articulate and thoughtful. He makes poor decisions from time to time but he has publicly acknowledged some of them, including the balaclava incident. 

It's fairly clear that playing for Ireland means more to James than for club. If taking risks by playing for his country and jeopardizing his club form before (potentially) posting a picture showing how happy he is when with Ireland makes him "utterly brain dead" then you need to reconsider the definition of brain dead.

He clearly uses is brain when making decisions. The outcome of his decisions attract different results and different responses. But he always exercises his own judgement, even when his own judgement is wide open to the criticism of everyone and the criticism is inevitable from some quarters. Can't say I agree with everything he does or says but he is not brain dead.

Edited by Eoink21 - 10 Apr 2021 at 11:57am
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 12:01pm
Anyone have the picture? People seem to be reading an awful lot into it. Unless it is absolutely clear that he is mocking the kilted Greek, his manager or anybody else, then I doubt he was.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 406407408409410 460>
  Share Topic