You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 391392393394395 460>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2020 at 3:42am
Fair play to James giving £5000 to the save Wigan FC fund.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 11:48pm
Wasn't in the match day squad today. Wasn't he carrying an injury picked up on the eve of the Bulgaria game? I wonder if that's why Connolly started both games.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2020 at 11:50pm
That's one theory, another is a a potential transfer. Celtic a possibility.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 1:04pm
Not in the squad again today. Played 89 minutes in the League Cup earlier in the week...
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 1:24pm
There is not much room in the game these days for a player who gives away possession as often as McClean does. I could see  them looking to loan or sell him to get him off the wage bill if they can find someone to take him off their hands. Celtic seems like a good fit for him.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Let's offload our player-of-the-year. 

Player of the year in a team that almost got relegated. 

Duffy was player of the year at Brighton last year. They couldn't get rid of him quick enough this summer.

It means nothing.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 2:06pm
I'd guarantee you James will win back his place in the team, he's always rose to the challenge.

Why don't you park your negativity for the moment. 2 games into the season ffs.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'd guarantee you James will win back his place in the team, he's always rose to the challenge.

Why don't you park your negativity for the moment. 2 games into the season ffs.

I think he’s at his best when he’s got a point to prove. 

I can’t fathom why he keeps muddling around the West midlands though. Truly the worst part of Britain for him. Go to the US or something, or somewhere you’d be appreciated 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 2:23pm
Genuinely think he'd do well in Glasgow, giving away possession at the rate he does is not a huge issue in Scotland, most teams just give it straight back to you. Would be suited to the derby games also.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 3:14pm
You're not going to find a more pathetic post than that.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You're not going to find a more pathetic post than that.

Some obsession you have with mcclean horse... to the point that no one seems to be able to have opinion, even an opinion in jest which the above seems to be.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 5:39pm
I won't dignify the post with a response, it tells it's own story.

O'Neill was asked about McClean today, he said he hadn't shown enough in pre-season to be considered for selection. Suggests there might be a way back in time, but realistically given the wages he's on Mcclean would want to be breaking back into the first team fairly quickly or he'll be shipped on - it's one thing to have a 30k a week player in the Championship, it's another to have a 30k a week player in the Championship who isn't showing enough to get in the first team.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 7:48pm
Or the fact Celtic have indeed contacted Stoke about taking him to Paradise may have something to do with it Thumbs Up

Edited by cardwizzard - 20 Sep 2020 at 7:48pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 8:01pm
Yes the rumour seems to be doing the rounds this evening alright. Although that rumour has been out there before without there being anything in it.

It would seem to make sense for all involved though. Stoke get a high earner off the wage bill, McClean plays for a club he has an affinity to and will get in the team of and no EPL club is realistically going to take him, no Championship club will match his wages so Celtic makes sense.

Would wind up some opposition fans no end but his combative style of play seems perfectly suited to Scottish football.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Or the fact Celtic have indeed contacted Stoke about taking him to Paradise may have something to do with it Thumbs Up

Source?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 8:34pm
Hope that story is a load of balls
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Yes the rumour seems to be doing the rounds this evening alright. Although that rumour has been out there before without there being anything in it.

It would seem to make sense for all involved though. Stoke get a high earner off the wage bill, McClean plays for a club he has an affinity to and will get in the team of and no EPL club is realistically going to take him, no Championship club will match his wages so Celtic makes sense.

Would wind up some opposition fans no end but his combative style of play seems perfectly suited to Scottish football.

There is absolutely no truth or credibility to it, like most of your posts.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2020 at 9:15pm
Thanks for the update Neil.Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 391392393394395 460>
  Share Topic