You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 381382383384385 460>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 7:55pm

I don’t think that sort of distance running is recommended for footballers. It doesn’t do much for the fast twitch muscles
El Puto Amo
Sponsored Links

SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 8:23pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Super James does it again. Today's Irish News has picked up a charity challenge he has completed which involved running 52 miles in 48 hours ( 4 miles every 4 hours ). Gruelling stuff, with little opportunity for sleep or rest, but he did it and admitted that he had previously ' been training flat out like a madman pushing myself and testing myself in lockdown.' Good news from an international point of view that he is back to fitness after that recent injury. Just don't expect to read about it in the English press as it does not involve poppies, Wolfe Tones songs or political beliefs.

You know what rarely ever gets mentioned in the papers or aome fans is the one thing is  most important in his career, his footballing ability, and he has been piss poor for a long time now.
 Seems like a decent lad doing things for charity but all i hear about him is what him/wife/sister etc have posted about him on Instagram or people saying mcclean is great he hates the brits etc. No one else in our squad gets half as much attention and IMO Mcclean isn't in our best 11 at the moment never mind the players that will hopefully come in under Kenny. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 8:27pm
It was Kenny at Derry City who worked with him to get him a rapid transit to Premiership and international football. They know each other very well and there is a strong mutual respect. Expect to see McClean back to his best for Ireland.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN wrote:

Super James does it again. Today's Irish News has picked up a charity challenge he has completed which involved running 52 miles in 48 hours ( 4 miles every 4 hours ). Gruelling stuff, with little opportunity for sleep or rest, but he did it and admitted that he had previously ' been training flat out like a madman pushing myself and testing myself in lockdown.' Good news from an international point of view that he is back to fitness after that recent injury. Just don't expect to read about it in the English press as it does not involve poppies, Wolfe Tones songs or political beliefs.

You know what rarely ever gets mentioned in the papers or aome fans is the one thing is  most important in his career, his footballing ability, and he has been piss poor for a long time now.
 Seems like a decent lad doing things for charity but all i hear about him is what him/wife/sister etc have posted about him on Instagram or people saying mcclean is great he hates the brits etc. No one else in our squad gets half as much attention and IMO Mcclean isn't in our best 11 at the moment never mind the players that will hopefully come in under Kenny. 
How many Irish players haven't? Some stand out more to different people. I see Jeff Hendrick hiding every game, yet I wouldn't drop him, largely because we have nobody else! We have no midfield or forwards really. We have a bunch of tries, or close to it, who have made the most of their limited ability to play at the level they do. James has probably done very well for his ability and it isn't his fault that there's nobody better. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 9:47pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I don’t think that sort of distance running is recommended for footballers. It doesn’t do much for the fast twitch muscles

It will injure them!

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 6:08am
Once he's out of season, long distance running won't do him any harm. That being said, the lack of recovery in between those types of runs he was doing would not be beneficial to any one, never mind a professional athlete.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 9:17am
Meanwhile, Tony Stokes has just uploaded a picture of himself drinking cans after just eating a 4 star pizza and a spice bag + curry sauce!

Edited by horsebox - 21 May 2020 at 9:18am
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 9:25am
He would be better served playing wall ball for 48 hours to improve his touch.
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 9:43am
Stokes and McClean are the same age ( 31-only a couple of months between them ) but this anecdote helps to illustrate the gulf that separates a prematurely washed-up waster from someone whose dedication to fitness and making the most of his opportunities has never wavered. That challenge he undertook should do him no harm whatsoever, by the way-it was a Navy Seals ( elite USA marine corps ) exercise, designed to sort the wheat from the chaff. Tough, certainly, but nothing more than that for elite athletes such as professional footballers.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 9:49am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Meanwhile, Tony Stokes has just uploaded a picture of himself drinking cans after just eating a 4 star pizza and a spice bag + curry sauce!

Partridge Cloud | what a waste.
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 9:52am

Stokes and McClean are the same age ( 31-only a couple of months between them ) but this anecdote helps to illustrate the gulf that separates a prematurely washed-up waster from someone whose dedication to fitness and making the most of his opportunities has never wavered. That challenge he undertook should do him no harm whatsoever, by the way-it was a Navy Seals ( elite USA marine corps ) exercise, designed to sort the wheat from the chaff. Tough, certainly, but nothing more than that for elite athletes such as professional footballers.
That argument doesn't make much sense. Do a lot of Navy Seals play professional football? Is McClean thinking of joining them?

Just on a very superficial level, I can't see how doing it is ideal for a professional athlete, but I imagine he would have had to get it signed off from Stoke City.

foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:00am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

That argument doesn't make much sense. Do a lot of Navy Seals play professional football? Is McClean thinking of joining them?

Just on a very superficial level, I can't see how doing it is ideal for a professional athlete, but I imagine he would have had to get it signed off from Stoke City.

Don't over think it, he will probably be grandThumbs Up
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 10:09am
I'm not too worried about him! It just seems a bit daft.
Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

He would be better served playing wall ball for 48 hours to improve his touch.
Spot on the man can barely cross his legs.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2020 at 12:13pm
McClean could probably run 4 miles in 25-30 minutes without breaking much of a sweat. Not saying this challenge is easy but McClean would probably find this easier than eating a 4 star pizza, a spice bag, curry sauce and a bag of cans!
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Rodneytrotter Rodneytrotter wrote:

Stephen Ireland’s son plays for England - Stephens Irish and his wife too !??

Qualifies under the grandparent rule
He has 7 grandmothers so one was bound to be English 

LOL
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 11:02am

It was Kenny at Derry City who worked with him to get him a rapid transit to Premiership and international football. They know each other very well and there is a strong mutual respect. Expect to see McClean back to his best for Ireland.

Hopefully you're right. 
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 11:47am
Originally posted by xRedmanLFCx xRedmanLFCx wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Rodneytrotter Rodneytrotter wrote:

Stephen Ireland’s son plays for England - Stephens Irish and his wife too !??

Qualifies under the grandparent rule
He has 7 grandmothers so one was bound to be English 

LOL

Think Stephen himself was actually of English and Italian heritage. Coupled with the fact he left Ireland young, perhaps he just never felt that much of a connection to here and doesn't really care who his son plays for.
We're decent enough..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 381382383384385 460>
  Share Topic