You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 375376377378379 460>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 4:05pm
Another thread ruined by politics...
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 4:07pm
All papers have opinion writers. 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Most if not all of them are Unionists.

Finola Meredith is a partionist.

No neutral paper would have RDE (and\or to a lesser extent Eilis O'Hanlon) writing for it.

When it comes to constitutional matters, it is pretty much on the fence.

Which you'd know if you ever bought a copy.

Of course, you never would, since in your eyes "Sure it's only a Loyalist rag" - thereby proving why it is proving futile for them to appeal to that community.

Meanwhile  I know of plenty of Unionsits who've stopped buying it because "It's now only a rebel rag", thereby losing them support from amongst that community.

All of which proves that in NI at least, most people want the news and comment which reinforces their opinion, rather than that which questions or challenges it.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 4:14pm
Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Another thread ruined by politics...

What, bringing politics into the James McClean thread?

Edited by Territorial - 30 Mar 2020 at 4:16pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Most if not all of them are Unionists.

Finola Meredith is a partionist.

No neutral paper would have RDE (and\or to a lesser extent Eilis O'Hanlon) writing for it.

When it comes to constitutional matters, it is pretty much on the fence.

Which you'd know if you ever bought a copy.

Of course, you never would, since in your eyes "Sure it's only a Loyalist rag" - thereby proving why it is proving futile for them to appeal to that community.

Meanwhile  I know of plenty of Unionsits who've stopped buying it because "It's now only a rebel rag", thereby losing them support from amongst that community.

All of which proves that in NI at least, most people want the news and comment which reinforces their opinion, rather than that which questions or challenges it.

I never said it was a Loyalist rag. I said it was a Unionist paper.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2020 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

James would be better off teaching himself how to control a football.
LOLLOL.. shocking footballer
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 7:20pm
wish the Mcclean family would shut up. They really dont help by posting s*ite on social media and offering interviews constantly adding to the whole Mcclean vs the world agenda
James is an average footballer who needs to get his head down and concentrate on keeping his place in the Irish squad and stoke team, which on recent form will be a tough ask. There have been far better players for us who haven't caused half as much controversy 
Relieved to see plenty call him out on his ill judged Instagram post and hopefully the ban imposed by Stoke will last as the less i hear about him the better
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN wrote:

wish the Mcclean family would shut up. They really dont help by posting s*ite on social media and offering interviews constantly adding to the whole Mcclean vs the world agenda
James is an average footballer who needs to get his head down and concentrate on keeping his place in the Irish squad and stoke team, which on recent form will be a tough ask. There have been far better players for us who haven't caused half as much controversy 
Relieved to see plenty call him out on his ill judged Instagram post and hopefully the ban imposed by Stoke will last as the less i hear about him the better
What time is it in Australia ?
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:20pm

His form has been excellent recently until he got injured. He'd won over a the bulk of the Stoke support with it. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SUPERWESLEYHOOLAHAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 9:43pm
he really hasn't been excellent, he was been average but suppose yoir right slight improvement on club form
 certainly has not been excellent for Ireland in the past 2 years if ever 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2020 at 10:44pm
Hard to argue with McAuley's piece.

I do think he shouldn't describe himself as McClean's friend when he's hanging him out to dry publicly with a bit of kiss-and-tell about a club trip in Barcelona and his alleged non-participation with the PFA. I do think McAuley's being truthful here all the same. 

Anyway he clearly has a chip on his shoulder and a bee in his hole about us:

"The Republic were then drawn with Switzerland and Denmark as their top seeds and having played against the Swiss in the 2018 World Cup play-offs and kept a close eye on the Danes, the way Michael O’Neill had us playing during this qualifying campaign, I believe we would have done very well in the Republic’s group and probably qualified automatically for the finals"

He might not be wrong about how N.I. would've done in our group in all fairness LOL

It would be fairly satisfying if Ireland do get past the playoffs and qualify for the Euros next year at the expense of the 'national' team that Larne born McAuley follows. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 1:32am
McAuley is retired now so presumably feels free to tell it as he sees it without repercussions. He was a lot more brutal writing about his former Rangers and NI team-mate Kyle Lafferty in an earlier Sunday Life piece so he's not been exhibiting any bias. I don't think Lafferty will change his ways at this stage of his career and I believe it was a mistake by Sunderland to sign him-Liam Boyce is a much better footballer and would have been a sound investment if they'd done that deal. As for James, I just hope he keeps his head down for a while and concentrates on regaining fitness in good time for the play-offs.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 8:36am

he really hasn't been excellent, he was been average but suppose yoir right slight improvement on club form
 certainly has not been excellent for Ireland in the past 2 years if ever 

Which of those Stoke games did you watch?

No one said he was excellent for Ireland (no one has been excellent for Ireland in quite some time.)
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
GaretFarellysNutSack View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaretFarellysNutSack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 3:54pm
Anyone I've ever known who glorifies all this IRA republican nonsense has been a hair brained fool in my experience. I'm not sure where else he could play but he should really get out of England if he wants to continue playing football. People saying he should go to Celtic, they actually play pretty attractive football, at a low enough level of course, I wouldn't say James has the technical ability to get into that team. 
Most people are sick of him at this stage, and let's not forget how God awful he usually is for Ireland. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 5:25pm
James McClean has purchased a significant amount of PPE and sanitisers for Altnagelvin Covid-19 Centre frontline workers.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 6:04pm

James McClean has purchased a significant amount of PPE and sanitisers for Altnagelvin Covid-19 Centre frontline workers.
Fair play to him I wonder whether the Daily Mail will be interested in this story!
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 6:27pm
As noted previously, James is a generous guy who has made numerous contributions to good causes over the years-some you hear about, many you don't as he does not shout about it. I see his brother Patrick has put up a strong defence of James over the recent social media spat in an interview with the Derry Journal. Paddy plays for Glentoran, whom he joined from Derry City. He has had an excellent season but may well now attract a bit of odium from some of the wilder east Belfast fringes of the Glens' fan base for speaking out.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

As noted previously, James is a generous guy who has made numerous contributions to good causes over the years-some you hear about, many you don't as he does not shout about it. I see his brother Patrick has put up a strong defence of James over the recent social media spat in an interview with the Derry Journal. Paddy plays for Glentoran, whom he joined from Derry City. He has had an excellent season but may well now attract a bit of odium from some of the wilder east Belfast fringes of the Glens' fan base for speaking out.

At least McClean's biggest fan Territorial won't be one of them. 

Edited by irishmufc - 03 Apr 2020 at 6:40pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 375376377378379 460>
  Share Topic