Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 328329330331332 460>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Can I just say that James McClean is obviously not interested and committed if something like a mere broken arm has him making himself not available for the game !

Considering it's McClean, I'm not he has declared himself as injured yet.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Irish2011 Irish2011 wrote:

Great hearted player but would much rather Horgan or o dowda. McClean is exceptionally limited.

And Horgan couldn't get his game for Preston
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Keane involved? Wink 
A two footed lunge apparently. McClean howling in pain on the ground and Keane stood over him called him a Nordie bollocks. Word is McClean is taking a break from international football because of it 

That was supposed to be kept in house. Who leaked that to you?
Maurice Setters.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Great hearted player but would much rather Horgan or o dowda. McClean is exceptionally limited.

And Horgan couldn't get his game for Preston

Nor O'Dowda for Bristol, not started last three.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 3:06pm
Blessing in disguise imo, McClean will give his all but is an extremely limited player. At least it'll mean having to play a player in Horgan or Robinson who can actually cross a ball as well as beat a man or two before having a go.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 3:12pm

I don't suppose he'll be out for long enough to miss the annual no poppy on shirt rage games?

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 3:20pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Blessing in disguise imo, McClean will give his all but is an extremely limited player. At least it'll mean having to play a player in Horgan or Robinson who can actually cross a ball as well as beat a man or two before having a go.

These seems a very common view that I don't get.

He's limited perhaps, but not 'extremely limited' and certainly better than most options we have in front of the defence. This is also a lad who won us three away games in qualifying - Moldova, Austria and Wales, two of them huge wins.

Just as importantly, he's a good example for the rest, he gives it absolutely everything can you can see it rub off, how many times has a crunching tackle from him got the team and fans going?

Horgan is good but there's a reason he's at Hibs and not a better club, Robinson too early to judge. Who would I trust out of the three of them (four if included O'Dowda)? McClean every time.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

These seems a very common view that I don't get.

He's limited perhaps, but not 'extremely limited' and certainly better than most options we have in front of the defence. This is also a lad who won us three away games in qualifying - Moldova, Austria and Wales, two of them huge wins.

Just as importantly, he's a good example for the rest, he gives it absolutely everything can you can see it rub off, how many times has a crunching tackle from him got the team and fans going?

Horgan is good but there's a reason he's at Hibs and not a better club, Robinson too early to judge. Who would I trust out of the three of them (four if included O'Dowda)? McClean every time.

Agree McClean is a massive loss as much as I like the others and don't doubt they'll give 110% if selected I'd rather have McClean was the attitude and passion he brings
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 3:28pm
Not at all disappointed with this, it might actually force O'Neill to play someone who can keep possession. O'Dowda and Robinson/Horgan on the wings sounds quite promising.
We're decent enough..
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 3:34pm
He plays well for us more often than not.
His work rate and effort is usually the highest on our team.
He's not irreplaceable due to his limited technical ability.
It might give a chance to someone who wouldn't have got one previously.
We might stumble across a player who can give us some hope for the future.
Irish2011 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Irish2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

agreed, for all he's great heart he gives away the ball way too much. Horgan may be at hibs but stoke are fairly woeful at the moment.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Not at all disappointed with this, it might actually force O'Neill to play someone who can keep possession. O'Dowda and Robinson/Horgan on the wings sounds quite promising.

Does it really?

I’m struggling to see any positives after the defence has been selected.
ramuelmiller9 View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramuelmiller9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 4:37pm

agreed, for all he's great heart he gives away the ball way too much. Horgan may be at hibs but stoke are fairly woeful at the moment.

Work in Edinburgh and watch a lot of Scottish football and I can tell you that Hibs are not better than Stoke, even the way Stoke are playing at the minute
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 4:51pm

McClean is a loss, no doubt about it. There's a lot to be said for picking in form players though and Robinson, Horgan and Burke are (relatively) playing well. Hopefully one of them can take their chance. 
El Puto Amo
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 4:55pm

Keane involved? Wink 
A two footed lunge apparently. McClean howling in pain on the ground and Keane stood over him called him a Nordie bollocks. Word is McClean is taking a break from international football because of it 
Duffy has now pulled out as he overheard Keane comment
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

McClean is a loss, no doubt about it. There's a lot to be said for picking in form players though and Robinson, Horgan and Burke are (relatively) playing well. Hopefully one of them can take their chance. 
Going by the metrics used on here though, Robinson and Burke must be playing sh*t as PNE's only victory was against QPR, and that was only by a vowel. 
We were told the Burnley lads must be brilliant when their club over-performed, does it work the other way?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Keane involved? Wink 
Duffy has now pulled out as he overheard Keane comment

He pulled out quicker than he pulled out of Jordan, the Daily Mail will report tomorrow.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 5:23pm

Stoke are ahead of Preston.

Preston have Browne, Robinson and Burke playing for them and only McClean playing for Stoke.

What does that tell you?

Because you appear be putting Stoke's woes on the shoulders of McClean.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 328329330331332 460>
  Share Topic