FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McClean

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 464>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Godzilla View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 33 minutes ago at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

James McClean saying how he feels, a real shocker. Fans getting annoyed that a player was annoyed about being left out of a squad. He's never shied away from saying how he feels. If we had more like him, who had as much passion for playing for their country, we'd be in a better position. 

There's nothing to be gained from airing this dirty laundry. Take it up with Kenny, which he obviously already has. Months ago.

Pashun FC.

Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 33 minutes ago at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

James McClean saying how he feels, a real shocker. Fans getting annoyed that a player was annoyed about being left out of a squad. He's never shied away from saying how he feels. If we had more like him, who had as much passion for playing for their country, we'd be in a better position. 

Using that logic, anybody can say anything and they shouldn’t be criticised as they are just saying how they feel πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Sure Stephen Kenny was just managing how he feels. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 36 minutes ago at 3:22pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 43 minutes ago at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Kenny's man management a wee bit dodgy Jeff.

Long wasn't too happy wiv him nor Szmodics and McClean

Yeah long wasn’t told he was losing the number 9 jersey πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€.  

If Robbie Keane did any of this he would get dogs abuse but because a culchie and a lad from Derry say it they get supported.  

A shower or spoiled brats and to be honest you would question as grown adults why we support these clowns.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4 hours 46 minutes ago at 3:12pm
f**k it we should have named the stadium after him and also made him manager too.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Godzilla View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 1 minutes ago at 2:57pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Ruthless Kenny. A man of conviction. Take yer 100 caps and get off the pitch, Jeff.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 2 minutes ago at 2:56pm
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

He was asked a question and answered it. You don't automatically become a terrible player overnight by moving to a L2 team. In the lead up to the squads he was dropped from he was still probably our best option on the left, particularly as an impact sub with his energy 

I completely agree with him. He shouldn't have been dropped from the squad

Exactly. 

Mush Cassidys Donkey View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mush Cassidys Donkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 8 minutes ago at 2:50pm
He'd fit in well at Shels 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 8 minutes ago at 2:50pm

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
kelvin View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 36 minutes ago at 2:22pm
Only part I would sympathise with him over is the captaincy. Given his amount of caps, the opposition and the fact it was known he was retiring, it was an easy gesture to let him captain the side.

The substitution issue probably just added fuel to his displeasure.

The League 2 thing, pfft. Completely understand why Kenny would see this as an issue.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 39 minutes ago at 2:19pm
The mad thing is, until he mentioned it I'd no idea he was part of a double substitution. 
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 44 minutes ago at 2:14pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

It was petty not to give the lad captaincy for his last game with Ireland. He did his country some service, certainty more than SK did.

100% agree. Don't think it's too much to expect a captaincy on his last game and to be taken off on his own for an ovation. It would have been the right and normal thing to do. It was a meaningless friendly FFS and he had over 100 caps
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 57 minutes ago at 2:01pm
It was petty not to give the lad captaincy for his last game with Ireland. He did his country some service, certainly more than SK did.

Edited by TooOldForThis - 5 hours 35 minutes ago at 2:23pm
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 2 minutes ago at 1:56pm
Originally posted by nice triangles nice triangles wrote:

He was asked a question and answered it. You don't automatically become a terrible player overnight by moving to a L2 team. In the lead up to the squads he was dropped from he was still probably our best option on the left, particularly as an impact sub with his energy 

He was offended because he was taken off alongside a team mate, didn't want his moment crowded out by a team mate, get over yourself. He has an incredibly fragile ego, for a man of very limited talents he was very lucky to carve out the career he had, Kenny was one of those who gave him a start - be thankful, not bitter. He is also very lucky that he wasn't around 20 years ago or else he wouldn't have gotten near any Irish squad. 

I didn't see that quote in the article I read but I'd agree with him on that too. He should have been captain on his last game, after over 100 caps and should have been taken off on his own for his farewell ovation. It was a friendly against NZ ffs. It's not a fragile ego IMO, I was surprised Kenny didn't do the above myself, as I'm sure a lot of others were 
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Bukowski View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bukowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 4 minutes ago at 1:54pm
I'm surprised at most posters here saying McClean gave a petty interview.
As someone said he answered the question straight. It was about the change in Kenny's attitude towards him - on the phone call and then during the NZ game.
If you cleaned the toilets at some place for 20 years you'd appreciate a cordial chat with the management when the time comes for you to leave, not a limp handshake and a furtive glance, that's what James is on about here.
"The third path to wisdom is experience, and is the most bitter."
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 9 minutes ago at 1:49pm
I love McClean and everything he stands for, and the fact he has squeezed every last ounce out of his abilities to have the career he's had.

However I think he comes across here as a bit self entitled. Of course he's been a fantastic servant to Ireland through the years, but he couldn't realistically have expected to drop down to the 4th tier of English football and expect to continue to be picked for Ireland.

Loads of genuine reasons to lambast Kenny, but this ain't one. Any manager worth his salt would have made the same decision 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
nice triangles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nice triangles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 13 minutes ago at 1:45pm

He was offended because he was taken off alongside a team mate, didn't want his moment crowded out by a team mate, get over yourself. He has an incredibly fragile ego, for a man of very limited talents he was very lucky to carve out the career he had, Kenny was one of those who gave him a start - be thankful, not bitter. He is also very lucky that he wasn't around 20 years ago or else he wouldn't have gotten near any Irish squad. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 13 minutes ago at 1:45pm
It’s a trivial matter. SK is gone, and McClean is retired from international football.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 464>
  Share Topic