You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Irish League Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by GINN1916 GINN1916 wrote:

this should be in the domestic section bob

If this thread is a 50 pager in a couple of weeks then you could say there is much interest and we could look at something but if as I suspect this is 3 pager in two weeks then it will be clear there is very little interest in it.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 2:23pm
I
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 2:24pm
Agree
ericdogg View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericdogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Right seems Mayo Mark had already set up an Irish League Thread. I will keep this as a sticky for a while, see if it gets any action..doubt it but you never know

Even you will get more action than this thread Hoskins Thumbs Up

Edited by ericdogg - 07 Aug 2011 at 3:17pm
International Caps - 7

International Goals - 1
GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 8:11am

If this thread is a 50 pager in a couple of weeks then you could say there is much interest and we could look at something but if as I suspect this is 3 pager in two weeks then it will be clear there is very little interest in it.

irrelevant bob. this team has fans that support northern teams. these are irish fans supporting irish teams (something encouraged on this forum). why is it they are sent to a section containing foreign teams? as a matter of principle, this should be in the domestic section.
dunloybhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunloybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 8:32am
ive only even seen 1 game in the irish league. ballymena v linfield and it was utter boredoom and rank having to listen to the bile they sing at each other.
put em under pressure!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 8:40am
Originally posted by dunloybhoy dunloybhoy wrote:

ive only even seen 1 game in the irish league. ballymena v linfield and it was utter boredoom and rank having to listen to the bile they sing at each other.

sheep-shagging b**tards im sure got an airing LOL
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 8:50am

irrelevant bob. this team has fans that support northern teams. these are irish fans supporting irish teams (something encouraged on this forum). why is it they are sent to a section containing foreign teams? as a matter of principle, this should be in the domestic section.

What's the domestic section? the LOI section?
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 8:53am
Originally posted by George George wrote:

Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Cliftonville and DC both bagged wins yesterday. Did anybody see Jackie f**kimscum interviewing Linfield boss David Jaffaries, cringey stuff, I'd say they both have pictures of each other on their bedroom ceilings.
You need to grow up.Embarrassed

In fairness, i saw that interview. I was wondering throughout who was gonna drop the hand first.
@AntrimMan85
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 8:56am
2 Irish league legends Clap
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 9:26am

yeah
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 9:37am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by George George wrote:

Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Cliftonville and DC both bagged wins yesterday. Did anybody see Jackie f**kimscum interviewing Linfield boss David Jaffaries, cringey stuff, I'd say they both have pictures of each other on their bedroom ceilings.
You need to grow up.Embarrassed

In fairness, i saw that interview. I was wondering throughout who was gonna drop the hand first.

Thanks for the advice George, you are truly an inspirationClap
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 9:39am
its near impossible to sit through a Jeffrey interview in fairness

his voice is cringe material
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 9:48am

yeah

Feel free to start a thread there than. I'd imagine the response will be f**k OFF and nobody will post in it..so which do you think is better?

The thread technically in the wrong section, the Rest of The World, where it will get a few replies.

or

The thread also technically in the wrong section due to it been called the LOI section, where it will be slaughtered and nobody will post in it.

GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 10:03am

yeah

Feel free to start a thread there than. I'd imagine the response will be f**k OFF and nobody will post in it..so which do you think is better?

The thread technically in the wrong section, the Rest of The World, where it will get a few replies.

or

The thread also technically in the wrong section due to it been called the LOI section, where it will be slaughtered and nobody will post in it.

firstly, it should be renamed the domestic section. isnt the first division not technically the league of ireland? secondly, the only people that would ''slaughter'' it are purely ignorant. their opinion is irrelevant as far as im concerned.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 10:31am
The Domestic Section..are you been serious. Sounds like a forum for *housewives.

The other option would be to have a new section on the Irish League, but as you can see there is no interest and it would make the forum look sh*te with this big empty section. So the YBIG anamoly will have to stay.

* apologies to women for my crass generalisation
GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 10:56am

The Domestic Section..are you been serious. Sounds like a forum for *housewives.

The other option would be to have a new section on the Irish League, but as you can see there is no interest and it would make the forum look sh*te with this big empty section. So the YBIG anamoly will have to stay.

* apologies to women for my crass generalisation

well done hoskin. thats a great attitude ClapClap were you one of the lads chanting ''theres only one team in ireland'' at the norn iron game by any chance?

Edited by GINN1916 - 08 Aug 2011 at 10:57am
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2011 at 11:40am

firstly, it should be renamed the domestic section. isnt the first division not technically the league of ireland? secondly, the only people that would ''slaughter'' it are purely ignorant. their opinion is irrelevant as far as im concerned.

Incorrect, though the use of the double negative could lead to confusion.

Then you go on to use the words purely ignorant

If you wanted to use domestic, it would relate only to senior domestic football in the country, i.e. that under the jurisdiction of the FAI.Wink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic