You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kazakhstan Away - Astana - September 7th, 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 90>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 11:56am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

Interesting idea wicklowrunner. What kind of charity gig are ya thinking of?

We could go balls out and do the whole thing by train (one way). Jump on a train in London and extend the trip to 14 days and it'd be no bother!

seat61.com gives ya all the options Big smile

It would be a mental experience Clap

Had a look at that seat61 site there, really good site, been added to my favourites for when we know our dates. Would be an insane way of getting there alright, would be epic.

Maybe the FAI might charter another disco train LOL
Sponsored Links

wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 12:06pm

Maybe one of the Eastern European Charities;

Moldova Orphanage
Chernobyl

Thumbs Up
wicklowrunner View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wicklowrunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Lads,

Why don't you do something for charity included in the travel?
We can get things moving here - get the FAI on it as well.
Good Publicity and good work for charity.

ClapThumbs Up

Its a good idea wiklowrunner. I'd give it some serious thought.

However it would prob have to involve cycling a bike for some part of the journey, pain = easier to get donations.

But mayb we could get an idea going here. Any ideas your self?

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

We could go balls out and do the whole thing by train (one way). Jump on a train in London and extend the trip to 14 days and it'd be no bother!

seat61.com gives ya all the options Big smile

It would be a mental experience Clap

Well Ive had a look at that Train 84 from Moscow to Astana and we can revise the journey time down from 77 hours to a mere 58 hours. Easy!

Seriously, I looked at the option there from London. Its not that far. Would save money and be some experience. Get Sean onto the idea. Break it to him gently!!

When u look at that map and see Saigon where I am now i realise kazakhstan is not that far at all from home - relatively speaking!
Cycle from Abbotstown to London via Holyhead Ferry.
Train to Astana Return.
Cycle back from London to Abbotstown.
Great PR for Delaney - Big Sponsorship!
Lads in RISSC London would look after Cycles/Gear for us.

I'm up for it Thumbs Up

rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Cycle from Abbotstown to London via Holyhead Ferry.
Train to Astana Return.
Cycle back from London to Abbotstown.
Great PR for Delaney - Big Sponsorship!
Lads in RISSC London would look after Cycles/Gear for us.

I'm up for it Thumbs Up

Ok Im in. Definitely. Going to do it all by train anyway from London so why not cycle instead of flying to London for the sake of completion.

Great idea.

Anyone who knows John Delaney tell him make sure the K'stan away game is on a Friday!! Dont wanna miss the Germany home game cos im on a train in Russia....

Edited by rolo - 02 Aug 2011 at 1:19pm
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Going to get a price on a YBIG charter for this one

Youd be talking around 200K for a charter, cant see it happening, bit like Yerevan plenty of interest but not enough to fill a plane.
I know nothing :-)
gmansdad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmansdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 2:30pm
lads, bmi fly dub to almaty via london for under 500 yoyos. train from almaty to astana  roughly 21 hours costs 99 euro. i think they play their internationals in almaty so maybe no need for train journey.www.realrussia.co.uk 
attack,attack,attack !
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 2:38pm
Originally posted by gmansdad gmansdad wrote:

lads, bmi fly dub to almaty via london for under 500 yoyos. train from almaty to astana  roughly 21 hours costs 99 euro. i think they play their internationals in almaty so maybe no need for train journey.www.realrussia.co.uk 

All their games in the Euro qualifying group have been in Astana. Those flights are well priced but they'll rocket when they know the Ireland game is on.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
deisedevil View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deisedevil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 5:43pm
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Youd be talking around 200K for a charter, cant see it happening, bit like Yerevan plenty of interest but not enough to fill a plane.

Except a lot more expensive as tis further away.  Wouldn't worry about rocketing prices much either, cant see much more than 300 at this one

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 6:45pm
if the english can get 1500 over the irish can get 3000
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Except a lot more expensive as tis further away.  Wouldn't worry about rocketing prices much either, cant see much more than 300 at this one

Not to mention the problem with a charter is that the timing is not going to suit everyone and with the tiny travelling support that will be out there it'd be impossible to fill a plane for this one imo. Some will want to spend a week out there; others will only be able to spend 2 days there.

There was only ~400 in Yerevan imo so Id expect less than 300 at this.
Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 6:54pm
There was only 500 tops in Yerevan. 300 is optimistic I'd say
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 6:56pm
nightmare to get there id say 100-150
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 6:59pm
Anyone have any mates connected to England, these lads were there in the last campaign, any of the england based lads able to tap them up for some info on getting there?

greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

nightmare to get there id say 100-150

id be a bit more optomistic than Kerrzy, i know over 100 already planning on definitely going, make it a weeks holiday depending on the dates.

It's going to be some adventure geting there LOL
I know nothing :-)
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

Anyone have any mates connected to England, these lads were there in the last campaign, any of the england based lads able to tap them up for some info on getting there?

I asked me mate in England, he replied Google.com, if that's any good to yaLOL. The week long train journey option has been discussed above, as has the 10000 km drive, and the fact that it is landlocked rules out the sailing option. Is this another one of your piss takes, Milla wont be happyLOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by dotts101 dotts101 wrote:

if the english can get 1500 over the irish can get 3000

ah bless LOL

that cycle/train idea sounds the absolute business! would love to do something like that! will be keeping a close eye on this thread for the forseeable!
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Kerrybai View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kerrybai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2011 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

why are they in the European Qualifing Zone when they are in Asia?  England played there in 2009. 

Transcontinental in fact, about 4% of the population live west of the Ural river so geographically somewhat in Europe Tongue Same with georgia  and azerbaijan
"We came from the sea originally, now we're going back in it. Don't go in it, unless you're in a boat." - Karl Pilkington
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 90>
  Share Topic