Nothing changes at the FAI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
whitesideOnside View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nothing changes at the FAI
    Posted: 12 Aug 2011 at 7:59am

what was the story behind the showers,what exactly happened?

LR has 4 dressing rooms, 2 of which have showers and 2 dont.
Inter and City got the rooms with showers, and the FAI put in temporary showers at a cost of 50k for Celtic. The LOI lads had to use showers in a nearby hotel.

How on earth could showers cost 50K to put in? I'm not questioning your information horsebox but if the FAI paid that for temporary showers then they obviously haven't realised Celtic Tiger Ireland ended a long time ago.Confused

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 2:37pm

As now with the new season tickets I'm now in the west upper opposed to the south upper.Does anyone know weither that was the first time the railway lines were down for a match as it caused a bit of bother for people like myself not getting the dart but trying to get across to ringsend.

Theres an underpass that takes you out onto Lansdowne Road past the rail lines

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 1:08pm

As now with the new season tickets I'm now in the west upper opposed to the south upper.Does anyone know weither that was the first time the railway lines were down for a match as it caused a bit of bother for people like myself not getting the dart but trying to get across to ringsend.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2011 at 2:31am

LR has 4 dressing rooms, 2 of which have showers and 2 dont.
Inter and City got the rooms with showers, and the FAI put in temporary showers at a cost of 50k for Celtic. The LOI lads had to use showers in a nearby hotel.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 6:03pm
i agree, its the same logic as asking a newspaper film critic having to pay to go to the cinema or a book critic having to buy their own copies of books.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 4:14pm
irelandshirts View Drop Down
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by John Caulfield John Caulfield wrote:

Jesus ye're still on about hte bloody journo's. Seems like a diversion tactic from the original topic. Are you related to John Delany by any chance, Irelandshirts, or are you just hoping he'll send you a free carlsberg in the post??

How could it divert from the original topic johno?This thread was started based on a good article  by a journalist highlighting what he rightly felt was bad management by the FAI.

I agreed that the treatment of the LOI was SHOCKING in terms of appearence fees and in haveing no showers to use after their match.

I agreed that not haveing showers in one of  dressing rooms of a major sporting stadium was a MAJOR OVERSIGHT  of the FAI/IRFU/architect.

I agreed that John Delaney(not relatedLOL) was PAID WAY TOO MUCH for his role in the FAI.

I disagreedWink with the writers opinion on freebies,junkets etc as it was my opinion that journalists benefit from these same perks during the course of makeing their own liveing,(and good luck to them by the way)!I felt it was a bit rich to highlight someone elses terms and conditions/benefits etc of employment when imo its easy to raise the same issues for a lot of professions including journalists and media organisations.
I then saw an article on Sunday where a journalist highlighted people getting free tickets to games and all i said was that i think every one should pay their way into games(even if its a token gesture that solely benfits a chosen charity).

And if your lurking JD ill defo take sum carlsberg if its on offer!!Tongue
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

PaddyBurke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyBurke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 12:32pm
Jesus ye're still on about hte bloody journo's. Seems like a diversion tactic from the original topic. Are you related to John Delany by any chance, Irelandshirts, or are you just hoping he'll send you a free carlsberg in the post??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2011 at 11:04am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 11:28am

Don't tell me your still arguing for Journalists paying into games! Its an utterly ridiculous point.

what do you think they should do antrim man?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 11:24am
Don't tell me your still arguing for Journalists paying into games! Its an utterly ridiculous point.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 11:22am
no way should journos pay. politicians on the other hand are utter fcuking bandwagoners and should pay double !

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 11:07am
Originally posted by sledgehammer sledgehammer wrote:

F**kin shambles of a place. Ticket office a joke been ringing every ten minutes since 9 o clock, sent e mails and numerous voicemails and still haven't heard a thing. It's every feckin game beyond a joke at this stage Angry

Same yesterday on the phone, rang 3 times and only got voice mail, had to text someone else to get them to ring me.....definitely not good enough 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 11:00am
what was the craic with the showers?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:53am
Originally posted by sledgehammer sledgehammer wrote:

F**kin shambles of a place. Ticket office a joke been ringing every ten minutes since 9 o clock, sent e mails and numerous voicemails and still haven't heard a thing. It's every feckin game beyond a joke at this stage Angry

give anti climax a bell!
sledgehammer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledgehammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2011 at 10:17am
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2011 at 6:01am
Interesteing piece in todays Sunday Indo in their sports section page 6 by John Greene "Force politicians to pay their way" in which he rightly points out the strange situation where many politicians from all parties recieve free tickets to major GAA and soccer fixtures.

In light of the 100 euro property tax and how some politicians "pour scorn on the notion that a 100 euro  household tax was an imposition too far on hard pressed families" he says that a ticket for a big gaa/soccer game mite set you back just 35 euro.His final line is "They(politicians) should pay for their way like everyone else".

Again a good piece in my opinion with valid points raised.But unless im mistaken John Green as a sports journalist working not for the GAA or the FAI but the Sunday Independent does not pay to attend the self same games as i assume his press pass covers his admittence.

If joe bloggs the plumber has to pay 35 quid for a ticket,then joe bloggs the politician should do the same as should joe bloggs the journalist.

His article is dead right.Every one should pay their way.

I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2011 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

[QUOTE=irelandshirts]
My apologies soccercEmbarrassed.I taut you were useing yourself as the example rather than just a generalistion.I did mis read that.

I do work mon to fri and get paid on a weekly basis by them.My company solely benefit from all of labour.

If a company/individual/organistion makes a liveing from an event and contributes nothing directly to the host company then surely that by definition is already a parasitic relationship?

Good Jesus

Show me one media outlet/organisation in this country that does not contribute directly to the promotion and development of football.
My apologies again.I should have said a financial contribution.

They all make financial contributions in one form or another, some above the line, the majority below the line, but hey, you don't see that
 I am sure they do soccerc and again i stress that i am not trying to have a go at freedom of the press or the good work they do.

Its the actual finacial figure that large Irish media organisations contribute to irish football i would be interested to know?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>