2 [8.00%]
0 [0.00%]
7 [28.00%]
10 [40.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 10:32pm
Second City goal stemmed from Scholes' mistake.  It smacks of United needing a midfielder and Scholes coming out of retirement being the cheapest option.  Well played, Glazer!
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by KrisMorrisKross KrisMorrisKross wrote:

I think this is all about influence in the dressing room. United have lost 3 huge characters in the last year - Scholes, Van Der Sar and Neville and two long serving players brought up with the United mentality  - O'Shea and Brown. The example Paul Scholes sets in the dressing room, in training and around matches is invaluable to the young players that have been brought in. Fergie has always relied on a dominant character (Robson, Keane, Neville)  to police the dressing room and training and set the example of what Fergie expects of a United player. Others such as Scholes and Giggs command respect from younger players as a result of what they have done in the game. They set the standard of a winning mentality. 
Wouldn't have said Scholes is a huge character in the dressing,big presense yes but I'd say he's very quiet around the place
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 12:21am
its nothing to do with money!!!! what fergie wants, fergie gets. look at the money he has been given each year!!!! fergie runs the football club and what he says goes, the glazers would not say no to him, he has proven to buy smart and well and deliver success. fergie constantly says no value in the market or that they are strong enough. january is not a time to sign many players for utd. he likes to do it at the beginning of the summer so players get to have a full pre season and get used to the united philosphy! 
devondudley View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote devondudley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 8:29am
interesting stat in todays examiner is scholes is fergies first midfielder fergie has signed(if you wanna call it that) since 2007, if thats true its an incredible fact.
But fumble in a greasy till

And add the halfpence to the pence

And pray to shivering prayer, until

You have dried the marrow from the bone.

W. B. Yeats, September 1913
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 11:16am
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Second City goal stemmed from Scholes' mistake.  It smacks of United needing a midfielder and Scholes coming out of retirement being the cheapest option.  Well played, Glazer!

Originally posted by dotts101 dotts101 wrote:

its nothing to do with money!!!! what fergie wants, fergie gets. look at the money he has been given each year!!!! fergie runs the football club and what he says goes, the glazers would not say no to him,  
Originally posted by devondudley devondudley wrote:

interesting stat in todays examiner is scholes is fergies first midfielder fergie has signed(if you wanna call it that) since 2007, if thats true its an incredible fact.

There's definitely some merit in the argument that Man U are not keeping up with their rivals in the transfer market. An interesting statistic I read in the Times yesterday, is that Man U have spent a lesser net amount on transfers than either Sunderland or Stoke over the past five seasons.

I realise that transfers are not the whole picture these days, as wages can have a much greater affect on clubs overall budgets. I'm not up to date on Sunderland's finances but given that Stoke are one of the few premier league sides to operate within their earning potential, this is a staggering stat.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 11:25am
They have been successful so why spend money when it wasn't needed over the last 5 years?
I would have more blame on Smalling over 2nd goal
Gave Ageuro way too much space,poor defending
Keeper didn't cover himself in glory with it either
JimmyG View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimmyG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Originally posted by dotts101 dotts101 wrote:

its nothing to do with money!!!! what fergie wants, fergie gets. look at the money he has been given each year!!!! fergie runs the football club and what he says goes, the glazers would not say no to him,  
Originally posted by devondudley devondudley wrote:

There's definitely some merit in the argument that Man U are not keeping up with their rivals in the transfer market. An interesting statistic I read in the Times yesterday, is that Man U have spent a lesser net amount on transfers than either Sunderland or Stoke over the past five seasons.

I realise that transfers are not the whole picture these days, as wages can have a much greater affect on clubs overall budgets. I'm not up to date on Sunderland's finances but given that Stoke are one of the few premier league sides to operate within their earning potential, this is a staggering stat.

I didn't see the Times yesterday but I think the old adage about lies, damned lies and statistics might be appropriate here.  I think the figures will show utd spent over 200 million but earned arounf 175 million from sales making them one of the higher gross spenders but one of the lower net spenders.
Football is all very well a good game for rough girls, but
not for delicate boys.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by JimmyG JimmyG wrote:

I didn't see the Times yesterday but I think the old adage about lies, damned lies and statistics might be appropriate here.  I think the figures will show utd spent over 200 million but earned arounf 175 million from sales making them one of the higher gross spenders but one of the lower net spenders.

Well yeah, I did say say net transfers fees. United spent a net £56.9m in the past five years.
The money that Man U got from the sale of Ronaldo has distorted the figures somewhat.

But what these numbers do show is that they didn't re-invest the money got from the sale of Ronaldo as perhaps they might have done.
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 2:27pm
The outlay United are spending on players hasn't decreased since the Glazers came in - in fact it has increased!

But the fact remains that the money Man City and Chelsea have been spending, thanks to their sugar daddy's, has dwarfed United's spend...

But Ferguson is still signing who he wants to sign...no doubt about that.  His philosophy on the types of players he signs hasn't changed. Plus - it's working.  The players he's brought in are winning more medals than the multi-million pound signings that Chelsea and City have brought in.

I'm mostly baffled by the Man United supporters' lack of backing to this philosophy though.  "Fans' who give out about signing the likes of Phil Jones and demanding we sign players like Wes Sneijder and stuff!  Just doesn't make sense...guys playing Fantasy Manager in their head.

Edited by Siralex - 09 Jan 2012 at 2:33pm
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 2:31pm
carlton palmer 
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 4:04pm
What was GingerBalls goal like?
Masterstroke by Fergie
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

What was GingerBalls goal like?
Masterstroke by Fergie

it was definitely better than rooneys penalty taking, allegedly Wink
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 4:09pm
Was his peno gank?
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 4:53pm

Nah...he's missed two pens in his last two games, but both were good strikes in to the side of the net but keeper guessed right and got hands to them both...

Scholes' finish was practically an open goal at the far post.

United were brilliant today.

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 4:56pm
Carrick was superb today as was Johnny Evans and Valencia I might add

Edited by ShamtheRam - 14 Jan 2012 at 4:57pm
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 4:58pm
Yeah...Carrick MOTM for me..Valencia was brilliant...and I gotta say Danny Welbeck looks a real handful for any centre-back...His reading of the game and his body strength are very impressive.  Surprises me how good he's looked in United's first team....

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 5:12pm
My old buddy Nani was woeful again today, his corners and general play were terrible, if he keeps his current form up he'll be struggling to cross the road soon enough.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2012 at 5:15pm
It was around Feb last year Fergie start dropping Nani.....When Ashley Young is available again, expect Nani to be given a full month or thereabouts to be rested.

This is three seasons on the trot now where Nani has had a super first 5months to a season and then the fitness and performance levels drop hugely.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic