2 [8.00%]
0 [0.00%]
7 [28.00%]
10 [40.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Best Replacement for Scholes?
    Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 1:06pm
Out of the many creative midfielders linked with united or currently at United (Cleverly, Anderson), who do you think would be best suited to play in that creative midfield role?

Edited by McG - 08 Jan 2012 at 1:10pm
Sponsored Links

tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 1:10pm
Javi Martinez for the holding role.
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 1:17pm
I'd pick Modric over the rest of em, unreal player and at the heart of any creativity at Spurs!! Clap
KrisMorrisKross View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KrisMorrisKross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 1:48pm
Other. Wayne Rooney.
Back o' the Net !
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 2:03pm
anyone who thinks Nasri could play in this role is on drugs
Afellay is a winger isnt he?

Edited by BigStrongMan - 28 Jul 2011 at 2:04pm
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 3:16pm
Don't think Scholes can be replaced he was that good. But a new creative mid is certainly needed. Would like to see Modric or failing that Nasri. Sneijder too but can't see that happening.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 3:23pm
Daniele De Rossi. Quality player and can play in both the creative and holding position in midfield.
GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 4:11pm
Just like Roy keane. Scholes isn't replaceable.
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 7:25pm
It's looking likely that Anderson will get his chance this season or at least 'till January.
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 8:13pm
I'd say Sneijder to united will allow inter to free up transfer cash and wages allowing them to buy tevez, apparently scholes has been talking to Mutv about how highly he rates sneijder, also rumours that Nike may pay some of the transfer fee for sneijder as they want him at united
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2011 at 8:22pm
Would Sneijder fit in at United and if so who gets dropped?

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 3:09am
Dont think United necessarily need a replacement for Scholes

How many games did he play in their last two title winning seasons?
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 4:09am
Has to be Sneijder. Think people may have forgotten just how good he was in the 2009/10 season. If he can play consistently at level even close to that then he would be a serious addition to any team.
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 7:35am
other - scott brown
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 7:42am
LOL
Hilarious thread

Why do United need to replace a 36 year old who is past it?
They won the league last year without him doing anything
Replace what exactly???

In his own words

"I don't think it is a big deal really replacing me because I haven't been the type of player people are talking about for the last four or five years," Scholes told the Manchester Evening News. "I haven't been scoring goals or been the main playmaker in the team for a while. I don't think I actually need replacing in that way at all.

"I wasn't pulling the strings anymore, definitely in the last two years and probably even since I was 31-32. I haven't been as prominent in the side. I wasn't scoring the goals and I wasn't making the goals.

"I think people are obsessed with having to replace me. If you look at the facts over the last couple of years, I haven't played in the big games, so I don't think there is that much that needs replacing!

Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Dont think United necessarily need a replacement for Scholes

How many games did he play in their last two title winning seasons?

Mightnt need a replacement for scholes (I still cant understand why he didnt start against barcelona), but certainly need to bring in a quality midfielder imo!

Who knows, anderson may surprise us all! Hes been very inconsistent since signing though! But ye never know!! ( He plays brilliant very now and then where ye think he could be a class midfielder, and then can be pure muck for the next few games!)

Edited by Wheelo - 30 Jul 2011 at 7:45am
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2011 at 8:56am
Schweinsteiger would be my choice.
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2011 at 2:54am
Ye gotta laugh at this nonsense! Boys will be boys I guess. In fairness if TV 'experts' keep going on about replacing Scholes, then the man in the street is definitely gonna follow suit!!

For the reality on the situation; see Gerk's post above. End of!
If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic