Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darren Randolph

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 67>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 11:30pm
God knows when he would have gotten his game if Shay hadn't gotten that injury. Well and truly grabbed his chance with both hands
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Donegalman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donegalman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

God knows when he would have gotten his game if Shay hadn't gotten that injury. Well and truly grabbed his chance with both hands
It’s a game of small margins and anything can happen really. He put in a few good performances but was fighting for no. 1 spot with Fabianski all that season at West Ham and Elliott was pushing hard to be included in the Euros squad and possibly even for the starting spot up until his injury in the Dutch friendly.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 8:41am

Wasn't there talk of him going to play for the US at one stage.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 9:26am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Wasn't there talk of him going to play for the US at one stage.

Yes, think Klinsmann wanted him at the time but sure he would still have been down the pecking order behind Howard and Guzman.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 10:23pm
Will hopefully get at least half a dozen more games a season with West Ham qualifying for European football.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 10:26pm
Thought he played well enough coming in at short notice tonight. Made some good reaction saves and wasn't at fault for the West Brom goal, despite the commentators spending about 10 minutes trying to blame him for it. Would be good if he got the last league game as well, West Ham are confirmed for European football next season after this win, although they need another point to guarantee a Europa League place.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 4:47pm
Alphonse Areola is being heavily touted with a loan move to WH from PSG. Obviously, if that comes off it will alter the pecking order with keepers, and I suspect Randolph would become available for transfer at that point. Given Bazunu's move, and Kelleher's deal, it might be the best thing for Irish football if Randolph can move to get a season's worth of football.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 5:32pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Alphonse Areola is being heavily touted with a loan move to WH from PSG. Obviously, if that comes off it will alter the pecking order with keepers, and I suspect Randolph would become available for transfer at that point. Given Bazunu's move, and Kelleher's deal, it might be the best thing for Irish football if Randolph can move to get a season's worth of football.

Except that Randolph was getting first team football before he agreed to join west ham as understudy to fabianski. I would assume that it was driven by more money for Randolph as one last pay day before he retired

Unlikely that he would 180 and opt for first team football in what would be likely a lower league and for less money.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Except that Randolph was getting first team football before he agreed to join west ham as understudy to fabianski. I would assume that it was driven by more money for Randolph as one last pay day before he retired

Unlikely that he would 180 and opt for first team football in what would be likely a lower league and for less money.

Is Fabianski not leaving so no? If they are signing Areola would both keepers settle for 2nd choice? Randolph would be happy as 2nd choice regardless of who’s there?
Eoink21 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eoink21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Is Fabianski not leaving so no? If they are signing Areola would both keepers settle for 2nd choice? Randolph would be happy as 2nd choice regardless of who’s there?

This would be my reading too. Why would Areola sign unless he was number one and why would Fabianski stay if he wasn't? 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 7:05pm
All I said was that it alters the pecking order. To the extent that I have interests in both the club and country, id rather see Randolph play regularly. I also concede (hahaha) that Fabianski is the keeper I consider to be superior. As such, id rather see Fabianksi and Areola fight for the shirt, and Randolph to play regularly elsewhere.

The deal may never happen, and the status quo prevails.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 7:14pm
I can't see many clubs matching Randolph's current wages, possibly any clubs. I'm sure there would be plenty of Championship teams willing to take him on as first choice if West Ham wanted to move him on, but realistically West Ham would have to pay a big chunk of his wages for the rest of his contract period to get him out.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2021 at 8:20pm
I think a lot of WHU's focus in terms of selling is Anderson. Lazio are apparently negotiating, and if the reports are true, it will be for a fraction of what WH paid for him. Randolph may also be seen in those terms, and sold with that in mind. Areola is certainly a keeper with good credentials, and speaks as a good deal, at the right time, with Fulham's relegation, alerting WH to his availability.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 3:02pm
West Ham have had a bid turned down for Sam Johnstone.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 4:09pm
Areola confirmed, and the concensus is that he will fight it out for the Number 1 jersey with Fabianski.

Randolph may not leave totally, but I wouldn't be surprised if he at least went on loan somewhere. Otherwise he is likely to have to fight it out with David Martin for who gets to warm the bench in the League Cup
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2021 at 4:40pm

Areola confirmed, and the concensus is that he will fight it out for the Number 1 jersey with Fabianski.

Randolph may not leave totally, but I wouldn't be surprised if he at least went on loan somewhere. Otherwise he is likely to have to fight it out with David Martin for who gets to warm the bench in the League Cup

At his age and the way his injuries might be he'll probably be more than happy sitting at home with Alexandra Burke collecting a handy 37.5k a week.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 3:11pm
Probably the end for his international career now after today's squad announcement, especially given the age profile and potential of the three ahead of him, it's hard to see where he would get another cap even if he is called up again as injury cover.

50 caps is a very good effort considering he won almost all of them after his 29th birthday. Filled the post-Given hole more successfully than any of the others who came in around that time. Well done to him.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Probably the end for his international career now after today's squad announcement, especially given the age profile and potential of the three ahead of him, it's hard to see where he would get another cap even if he is called up again as injury cover.

50 caps is a very good effort considering he won almost all of them after his 29th birthday. Filled the post-Given hole more successfully than any of the others who came in around that time. Well done to him.

Been an outstanding servant. In terms of general consistency,  he's been one of our best ever keepers. He never let us down.  Probably second only to Given. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6162636465 67>
  Share Topic