You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darren Randolph

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 67>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 8:00pm
According to BBC and Sky Sports he saved one shot.

I wasn't making a judgement on his ability. I was just pointing out a fact.

He has imposed himself well and if he plays in the next game like he has in the previous two he is doing himself favours but he is unlikely to oust Adrian on the basis of what happened in that game.

Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2015 at 8:07pm
2 shots according to livescore, only remember Lovren's effort.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:48pm
Another clean sheet for Darren tonight v Newcastle
The only way is up
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 9:52pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

Another clean sheet for Darren tonight v Newcastle

Didn't have much to do in fairness.

Newcastle had 65% possession throughout the whole game but they did nothing with it! 
Good saves from shots by Janmaat but I think when your right back is leading the attack it's not a great game.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:10pm
Pulled off 1 cracking save from a deflected shot by De Jong.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
dubstep View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dubstep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2015 at 10:11pm
Made a coupke of decent saves. Wouldnt be surprised to see him.keeping his place in the team.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2015 at 11:44am
Its a joke how Randolph only has 2 caps, O'Neill has gone down a pretty similar route to Trap in regard to not giving him a chance.
I really cannot understand why our current and past management teams don't do all they can do give our back up keepers more exposure in games.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2015 at 7:18pm
Dropped as Adrian returns from suspensions.

Adrian having a world class game aswell, it's no surprise Randolph was never going to be regarded as #1 at WHU.

Edited by coyne - 19 Sep 2015 at 7:19pm
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 1:49pm
An able deputy and nothing else.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

An able deputy and nothing else.

It's like (obviously to a much lesser extent) the way i cant understand why someone like Begovic would go to Chelsea. If you're good enough to play regular football elsewhere why go somewhere you know you'll be a deputy? Adrián is one of the best keepers in the league. Randolph could easily be a starting Championship keeper. I doubt hes getting paid such a great deal more?
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 1:56pm
I'd say he doubled his money. Lure of London and "what ifs" all played a part too I'm sure.

This lad is still eligible for the U.S.

Been dicked around for years by our management. Not saying he should be No. 1 but to be part of a 5 man goalkeeping selection and going away two weeks at a time to warm up is a joke.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 2:19pm
Wouldn't say Adrian is anywhere near being the best keeper in the League, he's similar to Randolph in the sense that he's capable of the spectacular while still being prone to the calamitous. He probably is just a level ahead Randolph though to be fair, so barring an injury he better get used to the back-up role.
We're decent enough..
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2015 at 2:29pm
Fair enough, i'd disagree and say he's one of the better keepers around, but whatever your opinion on him it was fairly clear that Randolph was never going to displace him
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
conord97 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conord97 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2015 at 2:42pm
Really struggling atm
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 12:15am
Think Randolph deserves a special shoutout from tonight.

To have your first competitive cap on short notice, looked calm and composed and even got bagged himself an assist which is a major plus as we've tolerated keepers over the last few years with awful distribution

Well done that man
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 12:18am
Bray has another sporting hero...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 12:20am
Looks like he may start vs Poland too
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2015 at 12:22am
Has to start against Poland IMO
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 67>
  Share Topic