You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darren Randolph

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 67>
Author
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flaghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 7:15pm
Couple people mentioned he came across well / seemed sound in interviews - maybe it's just me but he never seemed a warm personality - here's the one that comes to mind;

Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by flaghunter flaghunter wrote:

Couple people mentioned he came across well / seemed sound in interviews - maybe it's just me but he never seemed a warm personality - here's the one that comes to mind;

What the hell is wrong with that interview 😀😀😀😀
AKA pedantic kunt
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by Mr. Snrub Mr. Snrub wrote:

Randolph is a suspect and they don't seem to know where the leak came from. He has been moaning about the lack of craic and strict regime in the setup under Kenny but won't be retiring. Sounds similar to the Kerr era 
you are being told stuff from the inside, and given the nature of it recently, its clearly from someone high up the proverbial ladder, maybe an SLT member perhaps, someone with a score to settle or an axe to grind. Usually when someone tells someone stuff of this nature, be it in any profession, its under a ‘keep it to yourself’ basis, yet you are on an open forum for the world to see openly relaying it. Begs the question really, is there an agenda here from your source also, or better still, are you the actual source?

No agenda here at all and no I'm not the source! Just giving some information on the subject. It's not a big deal, a lot of it blown out of proportion
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:13pm

Randolph is a suspect and they don't seem to know where the leak came from. He has been moaning about the lack of craic and strict regime in the setup under Kenny but won't be retiring. Sounds similar to the Kerr era 
you are being told stuff from the inside, and given the nature of it recently, its clearly from someone high up the proverbial ladder, maybe an SLT member perhaps, someone with a score to settle or an axe to grind. Usually when someone tells someone stuff of this nature, be it in any profession, its under a ‘keep it to yourself’ basis, yet you are on an open forum for the world to see openly relaying it. Begs the question really, is there an agenda here from your source also, or better still, are you the actual source?

No agenda here at all and no I'm not the source! Just giving some information on the subject. It's not a big deal, a lot of it blown out of proportion
Fair enough, was just more interested in your source and if he has an agenda, never really thought you were the source but stranger things have happened so had a little fish
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:47pm

Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

There was obviously the WhatsApp incident. 

Are you implying that journalists don't get any information on an informal basis from players or staff around the squad? That the odd informal word or comment does not happen? Granted many of these are probably not newsworthy and don't find their way into the papers.

So one other then. Thanks.

Im not implying anything, I asked you a simple question. 

Grand. So do you think that 'leaks' or disclosure of information are something that do not occur (apart from the two identified)? Just a question. 
I can guess that they do and I can also guess that they don’t because I don’t know for certain either way, given that the rarity that anything appears. I think overall however, that it would of course be naive to think they dont. However, as you alluded to, maybe these leaks if they do occur are nothing of note. 

It is an entirely different scenario to leak something with the intent to do harm to the national team and set up. If someone is genuinely offended or annoyed by something, and I allude to more than a few minutes of a clip, then there are proper channels. 

From reports, it appears to be the content of the speech more so than the video clip. You make an important point here which I agree with. If someone is genuinely offended or annoyed, there are proper channels. Calling someone a rat or tout who on the face of it appears to have raised concerns is pretty appalling behaviour. The leak to the press is one thing but the idea that someone is a rat for raising concerns without knowing how that person went about it is something else. For clarity, not saying you said this. 

As for the leak itself, we don't know how the information was disclosed. We can speculate and it is very possible there is an anti Kenny motive. We don't know this for certain. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:49pm
who said the person making the complaint was a rat.  It is my reading of it that comment was only reserved for the person who leaked it to the daily mail. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:54pm

Are you implying that journalists don't get any information on an informal basis from players or staff around the squad? That the odd informal word or comment does not happen? Granted many of these are probably not newsworthy and don't find their way into the papers.

Grand. So do you think that 'leaks' or disclosure of information are something that do not occur (apart from the two identified)? Just a question. 
I can guess that they do and I can also guess that they don’t because I don’t know for certain either way, given that the rarity that anything appears. I think overall however, that it would of course be naive to think they dont. However, as you alluded to, maybe these leaks if they do occur are nothing of note. 

It is an entirely different scenario to leak something with the intent to do harm to the national team and set up. If someone is genuinely offended or annoyed by something, and I allude to more than a few minutes of a clip, then there are proper channels. 

From reports, it appears to be the content of the speech more so than the video clip. You make an important point here which I agree with. If someone is genuinely offended or annoyed, there are proper channels. Calling someone a rat or tout who on the face of it appears to have raised concerns is pretty appalling behaviour. The leak to the press is one thing but the idea that someone is a rat for raising concerns without knowing how that person went about it is something else. For clarity, not saying you said this. 

As for the leak itself, we don't know how the information was disclosed. We can speculate and it is very possible there is an anti Kenny motive. We don't know this for certain. 
So much unknown as you say, we don’t know the context of the concern being raised either, was it genuine, was it agenda driven. Fact is that whoever leaked it should, if known, be marched out of the association/set up and never allowed darken the door again. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

who said the person making the complaint was a rat.  It is my reading of it that comment was only reserved for the person who leaked it to the daily mail. 

Wheelo 4 hours and 5 minutes ago..

Can’t wait til it’s all exposed. The rat that leaked it to the mail, and the rat in set up that had it in for Kenny (if different) - Shame  on them, and deserve to be nowhere near any irish set up

Could trawl back through and look for more but trying to watch a bit of Netflix. 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 8:59pm

Can’t wait til it’s all exposed. The rat that leaked it to the mail, and the rat in set up that had it in for Kenny (if different) - Shame  on them, and deserve to be nowhere near any irish set up

Could trawl back through and look for more but trying to watch a bit of Netflix. 
Wheelo can speak for himself and clarify but I took that comment as in the way he clearly explained it and you highlighted it, someone having it for kenny as opposed to a genuine grievance. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 9:00pm
well the person who made the complaint is not a rat but they should have raised it with the manager and should have left it
That and not gone further.   If they were not happy they had two choices it accept it and get on with it or step away.  Once you escalate it you lose the trust of the manager.   
AKA pedantic kunt
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 9:06pm
For clarity:
- whoever leaked it to that anti irish paper is a rat
- whoever leaked it to the person that leaked it to an anti Irish paper is a rat
- whoever was offended by something that by all accounts didnt register with the rest in dressing room is a f**king snowflake who should be nowhere near the international team. He should really read the words of our national anthem and then take a hike. Oh, and obviously if he said it to someone who further leaked it, hes a rat aswel as a snowflake.

Now go back to your point that it was speech rather than the video that was the issue. That quickly changed, didnt it? Video reviewed, nobody saw an issue with it. Then when nobody saw an issue with it, it's a speech that's the problem (that will never be proved, will always be a case of he said, he didnt say).

Give me a break - this was a stitch up job. Nobody in irish media seems to be taking it seriously - which is a big thing in itself as the knives could've been out for kenny on performances. It's only been an issue for an anti irish rag, a sun editor and 1 or 2 rats Thumbs Up
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 9:11pm

So much unknown as you say, we don’t know the context of the concern being raised either, was it genuine, was it agenda driven. Fact is that whoever leaked it should, if known, be marched out of the association/set up and never allowed darken the door again. 

Yes, the difficulty though is that we can't immediately assume it is agenda driven. Not saying we have to assume it is a genuine complaint either.

What if the leak came indirectly from a squad member/member of staff. One confides in a friend or family member and they end up leaking it to a journalist. Not saying that is what happened as we agree there is so much we don't know. I don't know what standard is required for the editor of a red top to run with a story. I assumed in general that the standard is having more than one source, ie having the story verified. 

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 9:14pm

Wheelo can speak for himself and clarify but I took that comment as in the way he clearly explained it and you highlighted it, someone having it for kenny as opposed to a genuine grievance. 

So both you and Wheelo can say for certain that it was agenda driven and there isn't a genuine grievance? 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Wheelo Wheelo wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Some FAI source said the video wasn't really suitable to show players before a game.  5/10 apparently.

When will this episode be resolved?

Why was it PG or something.  

LOLLOL

It’s obvious to anyone that this whole incident has been blown out of all proportion. 

I’m looking forward to it’s conclusion. Will be egg on the face of anyone who said they were upset over it and for the person that leaked it.

Regardless of when Kenny leaves the Ireland set up (hopefully it will be in many years to come), I hope those that were upset and those that leaked it are nowhere near the Irish set up again 

Clap
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 9:27pm

So both you and Wheelo can say for certain that it was agenda driven and there isn't a genuine grievance? 
I never said that, read it again, I merely provided my opinion on wheelo meant in his post and what I took from it. Not sure how its unclear what I was saying.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 9:33pm
re if agenda driven.

Only those in dressing room will know for definite.

We can only base our opinion on what we’ve read to date and make our own conclusions.

Agenda driven, snowflake or thick f**ker - doesn’t bode well either way Shocked
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 9:37pm
Wouldn't want to be the defendant if you or Sham were on the jury Wheelo 😂
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 9:47pm

Wouldn't want to be the defendant if you or Sham were on the jury Wheelo 😂
Not sure where you are coming from here, Ive made it as clear as I can that if it was a genuine concern (regardless how ridiculous it may be) then I have no issue once it goes through the proper channels. If it was agenda driven and mischievous, ie. done to cause harm to kenny or the team then thats completely different and that person or persons should never darken the door again. 

My last post on what Wheelo said, was, and I repeat, me merely expressing my take on what he said, how I read it and the meaning I took from it. It really isn that difficult. Maybe you are trying now to deflect from your own overreaction and bed wetting when the story first broke, I dont know, but if you are going to suggest something about me, then Id appreciate you keep it factual to what I posted.

Edited by Sham157 - 22 Nov 2020 at 9:50pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5556575859 67>
  Share Topic