Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darren Randolph

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 67>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Here is Doherty's comments that I posted previosly.

Defender Matt Doherty admitted in the immediate aftermath of that game that he was "embarrassed" by the result and accused his team of giving up, but Kenny had no issue with his comments.

I wouldn't be happy if I were a player and a senior player said this.

Totally agree. I think Doherty has got a bit of a mouth on him tbh.

Kenny is right to say he has no issue with Doherty's comments publicly even if he has privately. He can take it up with him in-house. I didn't like Doherty's remark about his face not fitting in and his dig at MON after his reign ended. I think it reflected poorly on Doherty tbh telling tales to Off The Ball about the previous Irish set up. I doubt Mick McCarthy would've been too impressed with that. 

I'm sure there'll be plenty on here defending Doherty for 'telling it like it is' but we had another mouth from Mayfield who did the same before so no thanks to another one of those if it ends up disrupting the squad. 

Funny how "the mouth from Mayfield" played the majority of his career at one of the biggest clubs in the world and Doherty is now playing for one of the top sides in England.

They didn't get to play for United or Spurs by fluke, these guys have elite level mindsets and that's something that has clearly been lacking in the Irish set up for a good few years now.

It doesn't matter who they are and how good they are GD, It doesn't justify behaviour that can potentially disrupt the squad's morale on international duty. 

So a player speaking his mind and being truthful is now considered poor behaviour?

I'm sorry but I completely disagree, give me an honest opinion over the usual lame boring bullsh*t players and managers give the media week in week out.

No player was singled out, he was speaking in general terms and he was 100% right. 

Just clarify on poor behaviour, I don't think Doherty's England press conference would be in that category in fairness but I don't think it's good from a squad standpoint if he's publicly saying how embarrassed he was to us and the rest of the world. This should be kept in-house. 

It's better to engage in usual un-insightful platitudes on post-matches when speaking to the media who can twist things and deal with any gripes in the camp. 

As for Roy Keane, poor behaviour is an understatement and certainly deserved in his case but there's no point going over Saipan for the millionth time. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 8:21pm

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Defender Matt Doherty admitted in the immediate aftermath of that game that he was "embarrassed" by the result and accused his team of giving up, but Kenny had no issue with his comments.

Fortunately nobody cares what you think

Just as well I'm not the journalist that wrote it.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12020/12132488/stephen-kenny-republic-of-ireland-boss-defends-mentality-of-players-ahead-of-wales-game

Horsebox you are using a quote from a journalist rather than from Doherty.  I can't find any quote from Doherty that he said we gave up 
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12020/12132488/stephen-kenny-republic-of-ireland-boss-defends-mentality-of-players-ahead-of-wales-game

Horsebox you are using a quote from a journalist rather than from Doherty.  I can't find any quote from Doherty that he said we gave up 

My initial comment was based on what his article said, so this is all I went by, I just thought the comments from Doherty I felt were very harsh.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 8:25pm

Misconstrued so you admit that's not what he said or meant.   

So only people trying to cause mischief could have an issue with it.  Why would the manager and players want to misconstrue it.  

I was referring to the media. 

I don't admit any of that as Doherty for all I know could mean it as slight swipe at other players or he might just mean it in general. I don't think he should be using stronger language like embarrassed when speaking to the media. 
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 8:25pm
@Muff,

Have you ever been in a changing room and the manager walks in and starts asking questions? No-one speaks up and just nod their heads pretending everything is rosy in fear of being singled out.

Yet 10 minutes prior, players are whinging and bad mouthing the manager and other players between themselves.

In-House talk can be extremely cheap.

Edited by Green Devil - 20 Nov 2020 at 8:26pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Four-Four-Two View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Four-Four-Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 8:26pm
people seeing what they want to see. doherty gave a throwaway comment, no evidence other than peoples imagination it is aimed at kenny
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 8:30pm
So.....has Randolph said anything yet?
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 8:30pm

My initial comment was based on what his article said, so this is all I went by, I just thought the comments from Doherty I felt were very harsh.

But the journalist had put that in Doherty can only be judged on the words he uses not what a journalist implies he said. 

AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 8:32pm

So only people trying to cause mischief could have an issue with it.  Why would the manager and players want to misconstrue it.  

I don't admit any of that as Doherty for all I know could mean it as slight swipe at other players or he might just mean it in general. I don't think he should be using stronger language like embarrassed when speaking to the media. 

But its what the players and manager think that count and I doubt they had an issue with it.   You are seeing what you want to see.  There is a load of projection going on.  
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 8:34pm

@Muff,

Have you ever been in a changing room and the manager walks in and starts asking questions? No-one speaks up and just nod their heads pretending everything is rosy in fear of being singled out.

Yet 10 minutes prior, players are whinging and bad mouthing the manager and other players between themselves.

I take it that case isn't in a professional football setting.

Given the media exposure that international professional football has, players have to be careful about what they say publicly nowadays even if it makes for standard interviews with the usual boring platitudes. 

I would rather Doherty have an outburst in the dressing room after the game or in a squad meeting where it's resolved and we don't hear anything about it rather than public comments that lead to speculation of an unhappy camp and the media then pursuing it.   

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 8:42pm

But its what the players and manager think that count and I doubt they had an issue with it.   You are seeing what you want to see.  There is a load of projection going on.  

Listen, I hope you're right regarding the bit in bold and Kenny even said he had no problem with it in fairness but I'm not projecting anything or seeing what I want to see. 

I have nothing against Doherty but I just didn't like his previous comments regarding O'Neill and his comments after the England game. I don't have any agenda against any Irish players or managers past or present but If I think they deserve criticism, then I'll say it without having some blind hatred for them. 

Doherty does have a bit of a mouth on him all the same though. LOL
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 8:53pm

@Muff,

Given the media exposure that international professional football has, players have to be careful about what they say publicly nowadays even if it makes for standard interviews with the usual boring platitudes. 

I would rather Doherty have an outburst in the dressing room after the game or in a squad meeting where it's resolved and we don't hear anything about it rather than public comments that lead to speculation of an unhappy camp and the media then pursuing it.   

It happens in every dressing room in every sport at every level, absolutely no question.

This is a ruthless environment these lads are in, do you honestly think a few comments in the media is anything compared to the sacrifices and challenges these lads have had to deal with it in order to "make it" ?

The problem with the world nowadays is that everything is up for grabs to "upset" first or to "cause offence" , who's to say his comments couldn't have had a positive reaction whereby more senior players in the squad actually agreed with him and the standards/performance levels were now looking to be upped?
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 9:24pm
The Randolph thread is missing, is he gone or not, I know D69 says he is not gone so I presume some hack has made up some pony 
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 9:25pm
I wonder what Gerry Peyton makes of it all
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 9:36pm

@Muff,

It happens in every dressing room in every sport at every level, absolutely no question.

This is a ruthless environment these lads are in, do you honestly think a few comments in the media is anything compared to the sacrifices and challenges these lads have had to deal with it in order to "make it" ? 

The problem with the world nowadays is that everything is up for grabs to "upset" first or to "cause offence" , who's to say his comments couldn't have had a positive reaction whereby more senior players in the squad actually agreed with him and the standards/performance levels were now looking to be upped?

What has that got to do with anything?! 

I think you're slightly straying off topic into a rant at the easily offended brigade/culture on your last point tbh. 
Like yourself I haven't a notion if his comments were received well or not within the camp but I do think in general it's better not to be publicly airing your frustration out in front of the media and using terms like embarrassed as it could lead to disharmony within the squad imo. 

50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

He says that Randolph can return as goal keeping coach
Healy52003 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Healy52003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 9:54pm
Great servant and no doubt saved us many a time

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

LOLLOL
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 67>
  Share Topic