You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darren Randolph

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 67>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:15pm
He's not retiring.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

These retirements hardly give off the impression the players have confidence in Kenny.  It wouldn;t surprise me if one or two more jump ship.

Would you stop ffs. They're players heading towards their mid 30s. Hardly unusual to see international retirements at that age..

Not shocked to see the usual suspects blame SK for this 

Don't think anyone is blaming Kenny, but there definitely seems to be issues within the camp.

So far.
McGoldrick retiring
Poor results
Doherty 'embarrassed' comments.
Randolph retiring.
Kelly leaving.
This video issue now.

Not to mention the absolute shambles that COVID has brought to international football as a whole.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:18pm
we don’t know the Randolph story is true.   

It’s all about results.  When they are bad it impacts everything.  

Kelly will be no loss imo.  McGoldrick is a huge loss but it’s for personal reasons.  Doherty was right it is embarrassing to lose to England 3-0.  I bet the manager and the players agree. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

we don’t know the Randolph story is true.   

It’s all about results.  When they are bad it impacts everything.  

Kelly will be no loss imo.  McGoldrick is a huge loss but it’s for personal reasons.  Doherty was right it is embarrassing to lose to England 3-0.  I bet the manager and the players agree. 

Young Doherty mentioned that the players mentality was weak or words to that effect.
Kenny in his subsequent press conferences took it upon himself to praise the players mentality.  He wasn't asked about it but just brought it up himself.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:22pm
Here is Doherty's comments that I posted previosly.

Defender Matt Doherty admitted in the immediate aftermath of that game that he was "embarrassed" by the result and accused his team of giving up, but Kenny had no issue with his comments.

I wouldn't be happy if I were a player and a senior player said this.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:23pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Green Man Green Man wrote:

There shouldn't be retiring from international, play until you aren't picked anymore.

In McGoldricks case I didn't really care that much. He's only scored 1 goal for us, he's decent but not a lone striker and goal record poor.

How about free choice.  McGoldrick has split from his missus and has 2 young kids and presumably wants to spend time with them

I heard it was four kids.   

McGoldrick in secret extramarital kids shocker will be the next scandalLOL

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Defender Matt Doherty admitted in the immediate aftermath of that game that he was "embarrassed" by the result and accused his team of giving up, but Kenny had no issue with his comments.

The only quote there is embarrassed. Everything else is the journalists words around it. 
AKA pedantic kunt
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:26pm

Huge loss and anyone who says otherwise is in denial. We have no other keeper with senior experience. His body language against Bulgaria suggested unhappiness. 

McGoldrick is also a huge loss. 

Two key players for us. Guaranteed starters for the next 2 years. 

It's obviously an unhappy camp. A vote of no confidence. 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:28pm
 Everybody here, they’re young, but we’re men at the end of the day.

“You can’t just mollycoddle everybody. It’s just not going to work out that way, you have to be a bit ruthless, you have to be ultra-focused all the time.

“At the end of the day, it’s international football. We’re not playing kids’ football here.

“Yes, maybe the odd time you can put your arm around somebody, but at the end of the day we have to learn ourselves and we have to just go out on the pitch with full concentration, full focus and be men and take it on and see how we get on.”

It’s disappointing and it’s embarrassing. I feel embarrassed at times when I come off the pitch because we are losing games and not scoring goals and conceding goals. It’s not nice," Doherty said at a press conference after the game.

"People have just got to do it themselves in their own minds, believe when they get the chance they are going to score. You have to have no doubt about it at all.

"I think it’s more of a mentality thing because we are getting in the positions, whether we really think that once we are there the ball is going to go in.

It’s tough, it’s not a nice feeling playing in all these games and not scoring any goals.

“Whoever gets the chance, whether a defender from a set-piece or a bit of play in the game, we need to have that focus and belief that when the chance comes we can put it in the back of the net.

We are not taking any chances and then getting punished. It’s a tough period in front of goal. It’s not like we are not creating anything, we are just not able to put it in the net. I just don’t know if we have the belief every time we get in the position, do we really believe we are going to score? I’m not sure that’s the case.

"We're young but we're men at the end of the day, we're all playing first team football somewhere."

Edited by Baldrick - 20 Nov 2020 at 7:33pm
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:28pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Huge loss and anyone who says otherwise is in denial. We have no other keeper with senior experience. His body language against Bulgaria suggested unhappiness. 

We even know it’s true ffs 
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:29pm

You can’t just mollycoddle everybody. It’s just not going to work out that way, you have to be a bit ruthless, you have to be ultra-focused all the time.

“At the end of the day, it’s international football. We’re not playing kids’ football here.

“Yes, maybe the odd time you can put your arm around somebody, but at the end of the day we have to learn ourselves and we have to just go out on the pitch with full concentration, full focus and be men and take it on and see how we get on.”

It’s disappointing and it’s embarrassing. I feel embarrassed at times when I come off the pitch because we are losing games and not scoring goals and conceding goals. It’s not nice," Doherty said at a press conference after the game.

"People have just got to do it themselves in their own minds, believe when they get the chance they are going to score. You have to have no doubt about it at all.

That sounds like a pop at the manager to me and the 2nd sentence looks like he is callign him a kids manager maybe because of his work with the U21s

Edited by Trap junior - 20 Nov 2020 at 7:31pm

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:30pm
what bit is a pop at the manager.  He was asked could senior players help the younger players 
AKA pedantic kunt
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:31pm
Look let's not jump the gun until we hear if it's true or not . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

Good f**king Christ.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 20 Nov 2020 at 7:32pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:35pm

You can’t just mollycoddle everybody. It’s just not going to work out that way, you have to be a bit ruthless, you have to be ultra-focused all the time.

That sounds like a pop at the manager to me and the 2nd sentence looks like he is callign him a kids manager maybe because of his work with the U21s

Do you know what the question he was asked sounds like you don’t.  He was asked by Phillip Quinn of the mail how could the senior players help the younger players.   
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:36pm

Totally agree. I think Doherty has got a bit of a mouth on him tbh.

Kenny is right to say he has no issue with Doherty's comments publicly even if he has privately. He can take it up with him in-house. I didn't like Doherty's remark about his face not fitting in and his dig at MON after his reign ended in 2018. I think it reflected poorly on Doherty tbh telling tales to Off The Ball about the previous Irish set up. I doubt Mick McCarthy would've been too impressed with that. 

I'm sure there'll be plenty on here defending Doherty for 'telling it like it is' but we had another mouth from Mayfield who did the same before so no thanks to another one of those if it ends up disrupting the squad. 

Edited by irishmufc - 20 Nov 2020 at 7:39pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:36pm

He is suggesting Kenny is a soft touch. Doesn't have the balls to bollock people. That's my take on it. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 7:36pm

Fortunately nobody cares what you think
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4748495051 67>
  Share Topic