You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darren Randolph

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 67>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2015 at 11:58pm
Superb yesterday, compare him to Begovic under pressure and the mistakes he made.

None from Randolph, was my man of the match
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 7:39am
Would have to try and force a move himself. Most decent teams have two solid keepers in their squads and West Ham won't let him go without a decent replacement coming in.
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 8:21am
 Personally I think a good keeper can do enough in training to stay match sharp.  It's not ideal of course.  He's doing a great job for us so far.  
5 goals to go Robbie!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

Personally I think a good keeper can do enough in training to stay match sharp.  It's not ideal of course.  He's doing a great job for us so far.  

You can't get match sharpness from training, so that's a contradiction in itself. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 1:30pm
Randolph the Great
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 3:58pm
He's our first choice now and deservedly so. You can't help but feel sorry for Westwood though, he's earned his chance more than anyone else but has consistently seen less deserving people get in ahead of him. At 31 he's 3 years older and Randolph and will probably never be our first-choice now.
We're decent enough..
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 4:00pm
theres a while to run yet before the Euros... Therell be injuries... keepers getting picked/dropped and a little known keeper proving quite in demand in Newcastle. No ones place is guaranteed.
bannerboy95 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bannerboy95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 4:10pm
hopefully gets a move in january to a lower end premiership club or a championship team he will only improve with match time and so far when he has stepped in for us he has done the business but if come june and he is not playing regularly mon might have a decision to make for me whatever is the case i would start him
foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 4:45pm
Surely he must at least know himself a loan move in January would be hugely beneficial to him keeping his place for the Euros.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2015 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

When I was younger i done nets for an Irish league team and my county team.. if you're not playing you're rusty you don't read the game as well. Thats at amateur level, never mind BPL and European championships. You need football.
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 3:05pm
Randolph not named in squad this afternoon.

Confused
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by Bohsfan84 Bohsfan84 wrote:

Confused

The West Ham No.1 must be a cross between Gordon Banks and Pat Jennings Tongue
BriMurt View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BriMurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Bohsfan84 Bohsfan84 wrote:

Confused

Why would that be a surprise? I'm sure the West Ham coach sees more of Randolph in training than O'Neill ever will and has his reasons not to start him. We can't expect a few good performances for Ireland to be a revelation that would advance his career at a club that already has him. Maybe, though, it'll raise his market profile. 
Bohsfan84 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bohsfan84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 3:44pm
It's baffling how someone with Spiegel's experience could be ahead of someone with Randolph's experience - especially after Randolph was excellent in his 3 starts.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 4:05pm
Perhaps he is injured, he's been on the bench ahead of Spiegel for most of the season so it would be unusual if that suddenly changed.
We're decent enough..
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 4:24pm
Injured
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Ruel Fox View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruel Fox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2015 at 6:06pm
Commentators said he injured his ligaments in the Ireland game.
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2016 at 4:51pm
Starts today
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 67>
  Share Topic