You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darren Randolph

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 67>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Probably the end for his international career now after today's squad announcement, especially given the age profile and potential of the three ahead of him, it's hard to see where he would get another cap even if he is called up again as injury cover.

50 caps is a very good effort considering he won almost all of them after his 29th birthday. Filled the post-Given hole more successfully than any of the others who came in around that time. Well done to him.

Yep, zero point keeping him around at this stage of his career. Hes 34 now and 3rd choice at West Ham. He'll be 37 by the next Euro finals in 2024. He might not even be still playing by then. Better to give his place to someone like Travers or whoever that has a future and will only gain from the experience.
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2021 at 4:50pm
I dont agree that he should be ruled out, unless he rules himself out. It is a strange situation where he is an obvious third choice, and I would have thought he would have options to move on loan somewhere. I expect Areola to play in Europe and challenge for the Number 1 shirt. Randolph might bench in that and play the domestic cup games. But either way, a loan deal would be an obvious solution, and I suspect he could find an interested club.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 10:20pm
Confirms that he's still available for selection: https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40368143.html.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Confirms that he's still available for selection: https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/arid-40368143.html.
Served us well but get the feeling he’s on the wind down.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 2:43pm
Talbot called up ahead of Randolph after Travers drops out. If Randolph hasn't made himself unavailable I would say that's bordering on hugely disrespectful towards him from Kenny.

If he's not going to pick him any more he should at least have the decency to let him know that.

Edited by You Tell Me - 30 Aug 2021 at 2:44pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 2:48pm

Talbot called up ahead of Randolph after Travers drops out. If Randolph hasn't made himself unavailable I would say that's bordering on hugely disrespectful towards him from Kenny.

If he's not going to pick him any more he should at least have the decency to let him know that.

Kenny's letting himself down here. Randolph should still be #1 IMO. #2 at the very least.

Disappointed in this, I have to say.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 2:48pm
f**king hell LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 3:00pm

Kenny's letting himself down here. Randolph should still be #1 IMO. #2 at the very least.

Why the f**k should an injury prone 34 year old #3 goalkeeper be our #1 or even #2 for that matter?

Randolph is winding down, hes played 5 league games since January 2020.

Whats the point in continuing with him?

We're not qualifying for this World Cup so may as well blood some younger keepers.

Randolph will be 36 during qualifiers for next Euros and 37 by the time the finals come around. Good chance he wont even be playing by then.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 3:05pm
If Kenny hasn't had a chat with Randolph then its poor.  I suspect he has and that Randolph wants to be within a chance of playing before he returns to the squad.  
AKA pedantic kunt
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

If Kenny hasn't had a chat with Randolph then its poor.  I suspect he has and that Randolph wants to be within a chance of playing before he returns to the squad.  

This....

But i'd also say it's poor from Randolph if he hasn't and he went on social media claiming he was still available that would come across as sour grapes to me and it may have been the reason he was left out after Travers dropped out.

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 3:59pm
Randolph has been brilliant for us. If Kenny hasn't spoken to him then that is terrible management. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Randolph has been brilliant for us. If Kenny hasn't spoken to him then that is terrible management. 

He seems a very decent lad. Surely he'd be a welcome addition to the squad as a back up and or coaching type role within the group.

Has to be above Talbot surely.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Why the f**k should an injury prone 34 year old #3 goalkeeper be our #1 or even #2 for that matter?

Randolph is winding down, hes played 5 league games since January 2020.

Whats the point in continuing with him?

We're not qualifying for this World Cup so may as well blood some younger keepers.

Randolph will be 36 during qualifiers for next Euros and 37 by the time the finals come around. Good chance he wont even be playing by then.

This.

Before the March internationals that he missed through injury didn't he come on during a game and couldn't even take the kick outs for West Ham.

If that happened during an Ireland game and Randolph went down injured and we'd no subs left, people would be up in arms about it.
shakeyshamrock View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shakeyshamrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 4:30pm

I find it interesting how these things kick off.. someone further up the page says "Kenny better have spoken to him" and now we're at "if he hasn't, it's terrible" - pretty soon it'll be taken as gospel that it's the truth.. If it's not clear by now, there's not a single person on this site who knows any more or less than what's in the papers - they're literally all making it up 100% of the time.

I'm going to suggest that he has indeed spoken to Randolph, why wouldn't he have? 

And if indeed he has, and has managed to keep Randolph onside despite him being bypassed by 3(even 4) other players, is that brilliant management? 
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 4:34pm
Dan McDonnell saying Randolph hoping to secure a move from West Ham in the next 24hrs which made it difficult to call him up today
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 4:37pm
great if Randoph gets a move.

Storm in a teacup on ybig as usual!

Edited by DeclanDaly - 30 Aug 2021 at 4:37pm
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

great if Randoph gets a move.

Storm in a teacup on ybig as usual!
Well I for one am truly shocked 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2021 at 5:28pm

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6263646566 67>
  Share Topic