Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darren Randolph

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 67>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:35pm
Fack. Stuck for a goalkeeper so. What's Gerry Peyton up to lately does anyone know? 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Fack. Stuck for a goalkeeper so. What's Gerry Peyton up to lately does anyone know? 

Taking out a restraining order on Baldrick
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Taking out a restraining order on Baldrick

LOLLOL Jaysis this one has legs :) 
AKA pedantic kunt
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:56pm
Will remain cynical on this one.

Also, even if the complaint was from Randolph, there is nothing to suggest that he was offended by the content on the video rather than its suitability for the team talk, nor is there evidence that he leaked it to be paper (last I heard was that the complaint and the leak were from two different people)
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2020 at 11:59pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

What's the source that it's him? 

Mr Snrub has been right about a few things in the past few weeks 

Was the Bamford meeting true? Hadn't heard anything about it since.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 12:04am
who knows if this is true but while main issue is who leaked this story I also struggle to know what the person who made the complaint thought their end game would be.  

Once you go above the managers head and make the complaint
You can’t really work with him after that if you are a player or a coach or support staff.  My view is you either accept the video or you resign.  
AKA pedantic kunt
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 12:08am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Well a few days ago we were all certain it was Alan Kelly so cant be sure this is true 

The Alan Kelly criticism on here was shameful. Best fans in the world..

If and it is a big if, it was Darren, we should get confirmation on it before the next witch hunt. Also, whoever it was, we should be trying to understand why they did it. 
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 12:14am
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Well a few days ago we were all certain it was Alan Kelly so cant be sure this is true 

If and it is a big if, it was Darren, we should get confirmation on it before the next witch hunt. Also, whoever it was, we should be trying to understand why they did it. 

Yeah because he really was scared because of his asthma ....
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 12:14am
lads are confusing two things the person who leaked and the person who made the complaint.  The first one is way worse than the second one.  The first one the person has to
Go.  All we know so far is that Kelly has denied that it is him.  

On the complaint while there is nothing wrong with it, it would make the working relationship with the manger almost impossible if the person making the complaint is a player or coaching or support staff.  

The leaker (and there is no rumor that it’s Randolph) can surely have no comeback as there is no defending it.  

Nobody has come out and denied they were the person making the complaint, today Kelly only denied he was the person who leaked it. 

Edited by Baldrick - 22 Nov 2020 at 12:15am
AKA pedantic kunt
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

I find this really strange also.   
AKA pedantic kunt
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 12:19am

Nothing wrong with that. I have asthma and Covid scares me. Cases were becoming more regular within the camp so he decided to give the last game a miss. Maybe its just as simple as that?
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 12:23am
I would say the whole Liverpool squad are sh*tting themselves 
AKA pedantic kunt
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 12:23am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Nothing wrong with that. I have asthma and Covid scares me. Cases were becoming more regular within the camp so he decided to give the last game a miss. Maybe its just as simple as that?

There were loads of cases last month, why not then? Why did he take the gig in the middle of covid if he was so anxious about it. Does not add up tbh. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 12:25am
Originally posted by Four-Four-Two Four-Four-Two wrote:

bizarre that a man of african american and irish heritage would be offended by any rhetoric criticising englands imperial history, i find it hard to believe

Well, the Carlisle Grounds is the only LOI stadium with an actual memorial to British Army outside it (Rumour has it that her majesty's Bohemians are devastated they didn't think of this first). 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 1:31am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

bizarre that a man of african american and irish heritage would be offended by any rhetoric criticising englands imperial history, i find it hard to believe

Well, the Carlisle Grounds is the only LOI stadium with an actual memorial to British Army outside it (Rumour has it that her majesty's Bohemians are devastated they didn't think of this first). 

It was also the scene where Bloody Sunday happened.  That Michael Hogan was so good at gaelic they had to shoot him.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 1:32am

My impression of Randolph is of him being a really sound dude. Let's withhold any judgement to baseless rumours and let's hope he has many more games between the sticks for us. His performances have been the one of the few positives over the last few years. From his assist against the Germans to his save against Gibraltar, he's been top drawer. 

avfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 1:34am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

It was also the scene where Bloody Sunday happened.  That Michael Hogan was so good at gaelic they had to shoot him.

That's in bad taste. 
cfdh_edmundo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfdh_edmundo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 2:03am
Originally posted by avfc avfc wrote:

My impression of Randolph is of him being a really sound dude. Let's withhold any judgement to baseless rumours and let's hope he has many more games between the sticks for us. His performances have been the one of the few positives over the last few years. From his assist against the Germans to his save against Gibraltar, he's been top drawer. 

Agree with all of this. 

Firstly we don't know if Randolph is involved in this at all, there was a lot of speculation Kelly was involved over the last few days but now it looks like that may not be quite correct

Secondly we don't know what happened in the video / speech incident. We don't know what was shown or what words were spoken. We know it's resulted in some controversy, but we don't know if it was run-of-the-mill stuff or a bit more dubious.

I also think your assessment of Randolph is spot on, he's been great for us over a number of years and has always given 100%. He seems like an affable guy and articulate and level headed whenever he's been interviewed. Also worth saying he does do a lot in the wider Irish footballing community with his GK academies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 67>
  Share Topic