You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darren Randolph

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 67>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

given that he's the only player in the squad who's basically irreplaceable.

Why is he irreplaceable? He's not even playing club football! 
I've never heard someone say "You're so good, you're not even getting picked"

Because we support Ireland and not west ham and he performs for ireland and we should pick players who perform. There are very few Irish players performing.

LOL
Sponsored Links

NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2020 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by Dots1982 Dots1982 wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by NewtNewbie NewtNewbie wrote:

given that he's the only player in the squad who's basically irreplaceable.

Why is he irreplaceable? He's not even playing club football! 
I've never heard someone say "You're so good, you're not even getting picked"

Because we support Ireland and not west ham and he performs for ireland and we should pick players who perform. There are very few Irish players performing.

Exactly.I really didn't think it would be that difficult to understand. As well as being one of our Ireland's most reliable performers, if Randolph were to become for an important match for whatever reason, we've no player of anywhere near commensurate standard to come in for him.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:30pm
I've rarely seen a player so pissed off in a post match interview.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:32pm
missed it. was he just saying f**k all and fed up or anything specific?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2020 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

missed it. was he just saying f**k all and fed up or anything specific?

Just sounded down and fed up.

Edited by Double Maxim - 15 Nov 2020 at 7:34pm
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 5:35pm
Randolph poised to retire from international football, having reached 50 caps, according to today's Belfast Telegraph. Just when you thought it couldn't get much worse, it just has.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Randolph poised to retire from international football, having reached 50 caps, according to today's Belfast Telegraph. Just when you thought it couldn't get much worse, it just has.
To Keep himself fresh for sitting on the West Ham bench 
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 5:43pm
McGoldrick gone already and now seemingly Randolph. If players were enjoying themselves under Kenny and thought we were actually going somewhere as a footballing nation then this would be happening. 
The only way is up
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

McGoldrick gone already and now seemingly Randolph. If players were enjoying themselves under Kenny and thought we were actually going somewhere as a footballing nation then this would be happening. 
But they played for McCarthy!
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 5:45pm
Hes been brilliant for Ireland but this might be for the best in the long run. Hes effectively retired from playing and sees playing west ham understudy a good way to see one final pay day.

He has still made some corrections saves for ireland but you could argue the more he sits on the bench he loses that sharpness that comes with playing first team 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by grannyrule grannyrule wrote:

This is perfectly normal when a team fail to qualify for a tournament or when a tournament ends there is always a flurry of retirements
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 5:51pm
Anyone retiring now can do one as far as I'm concerned.  McGoldrick has lots of football left in him and left us in the lurch knowing we needed strikers badly.

Randolph can do one as well if he retires.  Kelleher or Travers are not up to it (yet).

Its like rats fleeing a sinking ship.  Shows how little international football means to modern footballers.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 5:55pm
If he always intended to retire and he hung on to get 50 caps without signalling his intentions to Kenny, it is unbelievably bad form.

If Kenny knew and proceeded to play him for every minute anyway and not give the other keepers exposure, that is madness.

Btw how reliable is the Belfast Telegraph? Dont see anywhere else running with this
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 5:56pm
I’d imagine there’s gonna a few more retiring too unfortunately. I think it’s time build now with playing all the decent younger players . Get a good young vibrant bunch of lads and try to grow a team together. I still think there’s a lot of young quality to do this 
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by belt belt wrote:

If he always intended to retire and he hung on to get 50 caps without signalling his intentions to Kenny, it is unbelievably bad form.

If Kenny knew and proceeded to play him for every minute anyway and not give the other keepers exposure, that is madness.

Btw how reliable is the Belfast Telegraph? Dont see anywhere else running with this
Agree with that 
triggs1993 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote triggs1993 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Anyone retiring now can do one as far as I'm concerned.  McGoldrick has lots of football left in him and left us in the lurch knowing we needed strikers badly.

Randolph can do one as well if he retires.  Kelleher or Travers are not up to it (yet).

Its like rats fleeing a sinking ship.  Shows how little international football means to modern footballers.
Harsh on mcgoldrick imo. Hes 32 now does he really feel like he can last in international football for the entire WC campaign?
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:00pm
If this is true, then seems unfair to criticise when we don't know his reasons. To be honest, if someone's heart isn't in it 100%, whatever their reason, then I'd rather that they weren't selected. Darren has been superb for us over those 50 caps and if he is retiring, then I think we should be thanking him for that. Really don't understand why he opted for WHU when he has so much more to give, but clear that lack of game time has made him rusty for us, but then sure he has his reasons. Wouldn't have been my choice, nor would retiring be, but then I doubt he would have made the same choices that I have made in my life. Good luck Darren

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2020 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by triggs1993 triggs1993 wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Harsh on mcgoldrick imo. Hes 32 now does he really feel like he can last in international football for the entire WC campaign?

He only started getting his game with us last year and he is retiring!

He could do another 2 years I am sure.  Its not like he has a hectic schedule with Sheff Utd. 

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 67>
  Share Topic