Darren Randolph

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 67>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 12:14am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

ExWHUemployee with another hot scoop!

Wont be going anywhere permanently. 2 years left on his contract and on a hefty wedge, nobody will come in for a 34/35 year old 3rd choice injury prone keeper.

Martin O'Neill will snap him up when he gets a job. He loves old injury prone keepers who are finished.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 12:09am

Wont be going anywhere permanently. 2 years left on his contract and on a hefty wedge, nobody will come in for a 34/35 year old 3rd choice injury prone keeper.

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 11:03pm
ExWHUemployee with another hot scoop!

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 08 Dec 2021 at 11:04pm
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 6:07am
yeah his lack of ability with the ball at his feet and lack of game time meant that Kenny was utterly confident in making the decision to leave him out of the squad. 
AKA pedantic kunt
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 3:39am
he has a sweet gig right now and his contract isnt up until end of 22/23 season. maybe he will play in their last europa league game given theyve already won the group. he was a great keeper for us, in net for some big wins, but with the 3 young keepers we have now, its pointless to have him back in unless injuries necessitate
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 1:28am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Randolph's time with Ireland unless the 3 younger boys start dropping like flies is over. It's fundemental our keepers can pass the ball out to play the way we are and Randolph is not remotely as good as the 3 younger boys at it even Travers. Was at fault for the goal against Finland and had a few other bombscares on top of it. You can see the difference with Bazunu and Kelleher it's night and day.

I love him he's been a magnificent servant don't get me wrong and is a quality No.3 or even back up by most clubs standards. However the 3 young bucks are the future and all have the potential to surpass what Randolph did and quite considerably so in fact. 

Randolph I think himself has even acknowledged this. Good luck to him it's a nice little earner at a big club doing well. As for his Mrs whoever she is bit sad the constant need to reference her it's Love Island I'd recommend if that stuff is so fascinating to ye not football.
I'd be very disappointed if we had to revert to Randolph at this point based on his lack of ambition alone. 50 plus caps and served us well, good luck to him! We have 2 of the best young prospects in Europe in our squad right now!

Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2021 at 12:07am
Randolph's time with Ireland unless the 3 younger boys start dropping like flies is over. It's fundemental our keepers can pass the ball out to play the way we are and Randolph is not remotely as good as the 3 younger boys at it even Travers. Was at fault for the goal against Finland and had a few other bombscares on top of it. You can see the difference with Bazunu and Kelleher it's night and day.

I love him he's been a magnificent servant don't get me wrong and is a quality No.3 or even back up by most clubs standards. However the 3 young bucks are the future and all have the potential to surpass what Randolph did and quite considerably so in fact. 

Randolph I think himself has even acknowledged this. Good luck to him it's a nice little earner at a big club doing well. As for his Mrs whoever she is bit sad the constant need to reference her it's Love Island I'd recommend if that stuff is so fascinating to ye not football.

Edited by kevin100 - 27 Nov 2021 at 12:10am
SeanC View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeanC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 11:56pm
no way, he’s not ready for a send off. If he gets a move & getting games he’ll be back in contention in no time. Still young for a gk and always quality for us.
Fatnacho View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fatnacho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 11:48pm
I’d like to see him get a few minutes at the end of the March friendly for a proper send off in front of the fans. Always performed admirably during a time when we weren’t well served in that position.
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:24pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

Randolph has  that sweet 3rd choice keeper homegrown spot at a Premier League club, he's going nowhere. No way he slums it in the lower leagues.

He knew exactly what he was signing up for when he moved to West Ham. It was a lifestyle move rather than a career move. Good for him as well if that's what he wants. His life seems pretty good right now!

I recently left a managerial role to become an administrative officer paid better money. Not an exact comparison but it does feel a bit sh*t after a few months to be back at the bottom of the heap. Randolph did what he had to do but that doesn't mean he is happy. I know I am not!!!

Going totally off topic, you should be very happy. Less responsibility for more money Clap (I’ve turned down promotion twice as it would’ve resulted in a pay cut 👍)

Not totally off topic I suppose. No way is randolf leaving if it means less money 
"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 8:00pm
I don't think he's done. At least I don't think he should be. He tried to get a move towards the end of the transfer window. If a move to a Championship side comes to fruition in January, I'd still have him as #2. I don't trust Travers yet and Kelleher needs games to prove himself.

He's been too consistently good for us to consign him to the scrapheap just yet IMO.

As long as he wants to play for us, and he denied rumours re: his retirement and being the source of dressing room leaks BTW, I'd be happy to have him back.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Pinginí Pinginí wrote:

Randolph has  that sweet 3rd choice keeper homegrown spot at a Premier League club, he's going nowhere. No way he slums it in the lower leagues.

He knew exactly what he was signing up for when he moved to West Ham. It was a lifestyle move rather than a career move. Good for him as well if that's what he wants. His life seems pretty good right now!

I recently left a managerial role to become an administrative officer paid better money. Not an exact comparison but it does feel a bit sh*t after a few months to be back at the bottom of the heap. Randolph did what he had to do but that doesn't mean he is happy. I know I am not!!!
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Pinginí View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pinginí Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 7:11pm

savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 3:35pm
I'd say Darren the Baron will get a loan to a Championship or League 1 club in January, and hopefully a final move in the summer to another club, he'd be on a decent wedge at West'Am though, so probably won't give that up easily.  He's obviously unlucky that he got injured at the wrong time, and Bazuna did so well in his absence, and now Kelleher and Travers are also are now proving themselves too that he is now 4th choice I would say.
Still, he has 50 caps for his country, was on the pitch for the Germany, Italy, Austria and Wales wins, and had a good Euro's, never mind having Alexandra Burke playing with his liathroidi.  He's happy enough I am sure!   
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Randolph will not play for anyone again, likewise Kieren Westwood. And indeed Kieran O'Hara, who can't get a game for Burton and was transferred to S****horpe on a short term emergency loan last week.
Fixed that for you
Always get a chuckle out of s****horpe

LOL
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Randolph will not play for anyone again, likewise Kieren Westwood. And indeed Kieran O'Hara, who can't get a game for Burton and was transferred to S****horpe on a short term emergency loan last week.
Fixed that for you
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 2:08pm
Randolph will not play for Ireland again, likewise Kieren Westwood. And indeed Kieran O'Hara, who can't get a game for Burton and was transferred to S****horpe on a short term emergency loan last week.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2021 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Not a bad gig to have getting paid few grand a week to train, gets the weekend off to wine & dine with the missus and gets a few European trips midweek to pick up some Toblerones in the duty free.
Might as well himself get two bottles of spirits, 200 benson and smoke and drink the lot of it for all the games hes getting.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 67>
  Share Topic