You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Willo Flood

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 10:19pm
254 apps 11 goals more than 50% of those apps being in the SPL

I can't think of any legitimate reason footballing wise he warrants a call-up
Sponsored Links

The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 10:24pm
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 10:51pm
Why the big long faces (if it's true)? He can't possibly be all that bad. It's a friendly. Let's take a look at him. Best of luck Willo!!

Edited by Trapcandoit - 13 Feb 2014 at 12:11am
5 goals to go Robbie!
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 11:38pm
It's not that he's that bad, he's just not very good.  
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2014 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by Trapcandoit Trapcandoit wrote:

Why the big long faces (if it's true)? He can't possibly be all that bad. It's a friendly. Lets take a look at him. Best of luck Willo!!

the most positive man in the world, I'd say you'd let Paul Green, Willo flood and every other sh*te Irish player tag team your missus just for an autograph
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 12:09am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Why the big long faces (if it's true)? He can't possibly be all that bad. It's a friendly. Lets take a look at him. Best of luck Willo!!

the most positive man in the world, I'd say you'd let Paul Green, Willo flood and every other sh*te Irish player tag team your missus just for an autograph

Naah Bud. She's happy enough with the one.
5 goals to go Robbie!
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 1:15am
he didnt look like a footballer was very skinny i recalled,  will be 29 soon, dont know, he was quick but Eire needs to open the playing pool, would do better on the right hand side than keogh or cox , but i am open to it,  some irish guys are really into the brit games  from premier league more than the ones involving your countrymen,  who the fcuk cares where the guy plays as long as he performs for the national team,  football is all about confidence and the built of your own momentum,

Some irish lads, please, you  still believe the negativity left by Trapattoni, a guy I think he was an ok to average manager for the national team, but not successful for ireland at all,  he wasnt better than Brian Kerr, to put it in words, in my opinion.  He left a few positives like order, and shape and mentality, but I could have done that and he was getting too much from big fat old good money

Ireland national team, should fear no one, check what Juan Pizzi is doing for Valencia, they won at Nou-Camp the other day, and they kicked , pressed high,  counter attacked, attacked, blocked, they respected Barcelona by not respecting them at all, that's rule number 1 in the beautiful game, anything can happen during 90 + minutes, this old game aint NBA , TENNIS , or RUGBY sh*t

Edited by JAVIER - 13 Feb 2014 at 1:20am
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 6:59am
Originally posted by Patman Scoop Patman Scoop wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Horse give it up..I know where he plays..it was a joke statement...give it a rest you are a bore now..the amount of times you try to pull up posters here is pathetic..you have no creadability and will never be a moderator on the forum.

It wasn't a joke though.

Why bother comment on a player you know nothing about.

you hear that Horse ? the dream is over LOL

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 6:19pm
Originally posted by JAVIER JAVIER wrote:

he didnt look like a footballer was very skinny i recalled,  will be 29 soon, dont know, he was quick but Eire needs to open the playing pool, would do better on the right hand side than keogh or cox , but i am open to it,  some irish guys are really into the brit games  from premier league more than the ones involving your countrymen,  who the fcuk cares where the guy plays as long as he performs for the national team,  football is all about confidence and the built of your own momentum,

he is not a right midfielder. His success at Aberdeen has been from playing a holding midfielder role.

From what I've seen he is a tidy player these days - retains possession well and does alright winning it back. I've watched a few of his games since he played against UCD in a pre season friendly before this current season. Is he good enough for Ireland? To be honest I'm not sure. If he has impressed Roy I'm sure he will watch him again and get a better look. It might be worth calling him up and seeing what he can offer us
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 7:51pm
Doesn't sound like the worst midfielder we've ever had in our engine room. Consistent form, good feet, personality..

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/mcinnes-believes-flood-can-step-up-30007706.html

I don't know. Might these be traits MON would value/develop?

Edited by Trapcandoit - 13 Feb 2014 at 8:22pm
5 goals to go Robbie!
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 8:38pm
Flood just isn't good enough for the national side. Honest hardworking pro but that's about it. We should be trying out players 8-10 years younger than him in friendlies.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 8:44pm
Tis all just pure speculation anyway. Still intriguing the way it got into media.
5 goals to go Robbie!
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 8:58pm

Tis all just pure speculation anyway. Still intriguing the way it got into media.

Not really, Keane was there to watch Stokes who didn't play well and Flood played well for Aberdeen who won the game.

Plus there wasn't exactly a huge number of Irish players in either side.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Not really, Keane was there to watch Stokes who didn't play well and Flood played well for Aberdeen who won the game.

Ah.
5 goals to go Robbie!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2014 at 9:10pm

Ah.

The standard in the SPL is as bad as it ever was, Aberdeen to their credit are doing well this season but let's call a spade a spade, he will never be the answer nor judging by his club career will be good enough for international football.

I'd rather give Samir, Murray, Hoban etc a chance to impress than a 29 year old journeyman.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 3:25pm

Ah.

The standard in the SPL is as bad as it ever was, Aberdeen to their credit are doing well this season but let's call a spade a spade, he will never be the answer nor judging by his club career will be good enough for international football.

I'd rather give Samir, Murray, Hoban etc a chance to impress than a 29 year old journeyman.

utter bollox - the standard in the spfl has been excellent this year

there were 4 Irish players on the pitch
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Ah.

Bullsh*t Tony.

The calibre of player plying their trade in Scotland is at an all time low, how you can ignore that is madness.

Take a look at how Scottish teams faired in Europe this season.

drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2014 at 4:02pm

Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Ah.

Bullsh*t Tony.

The calibre of player plying their trade in Scotland is at an all time low, how you can ignore that is madness.

Take a look at how Scottish teams faired in Europe this season.

Tony, you are delusional if ye think the standard is good in the spl. It's nearly on par with the loi at this stage with the exception of Celtic.
Chips don't bounce
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic