You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Burgler stabbed to death by home owner

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Burgler stabbed to death by home owner
    Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 5:13am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-13885457

Man defending his home in please custody now. Think it's fair game if someone breaks into your gaf it's your right to defend it by all means possible
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 5:23am
Does my head in when the owner gets done for this. Defo fair game if some coont breaks into ur gaf.

The legal system baffles at times
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 5:34am
Is it really that simple lads? Do you honestly have the right to stab someone to death, that was most likely going to steal a few materialistic possessions?

We don't currently have the death penalty in this state. That certainly doesn't give people the right to take the law into their own hands in this manner, to someone that should have gone to prison.
MrFantastico View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrFantastico Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 5:35am
if someone breaks in to your gaff you should be able to defend yourself an family
We hate princess diana, we hate elton john too, we hate orange bastards but rovers we love you.    KOH
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 5:40am
Law was changed here recently wasn't it to give us law-abiding citizens a bit more of a right to defend our home and family if some law-breaking scumbag tries to rob what's not his.  Fck the burglar, I'm glad he's dead.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 5:40am
Originally posted by MrFantastico MrFantastico wrote:

if someone breaks in to your gaff you should be able to defend yourself an family

Exactly
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 5:42am
And u can be damn sure anyone mad enough to break into ur gaf is armed as well. Would be very surprised if they weren't. So if you don't defend yourself then you're brown bread

Fully agree with FW. One less coont on the streets
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 5:47am
If I seen someone outside me gaf at me car and there was a knife nearby I'd be picking it up and whatever happens happens!

Some **** has broke into me Da's taxi twice in the last couple of months, smashing the small side window in the back door then letting himself in and taking the change. No doubt he'll be back again. Would do serious damage to a **** like this if I caught him in the act
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 5:48am
Originally posted by GINN1916 GINN1916 wrote:

Is it really that simple lads? Do you honestly have the right to stab someone to death, that was most likely going to steal a few materialistic possessions?

We don't currently have the death penalty in this state. That certainly doesn't give people the right to take the law into their own hands in this manner, to someone that should have gone to prison.

How would you know what his (Her) intentions are?........unless in your case Ginn you issue the burglar a questionnaire to complete whilst you stand there with a large knife in your hand....

Are you here just to steal my TV and mobile 'phone?
Are you intending to attack me or other members of my family?

Before I  defend myself and my family, and use the knife please answer the following:

Are you currently taking any medication?
Do you suffer from Heart disease?
Are you asthmatic?
Do you have good health insurance cover?
Does your car have fully comprehensive insurance cover?
What is your favourite holiday destination?
What is your favourite soft cheese?
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 5:52am
all is fair in love and war..if someone breaks into your house, thay have to be prepared to deal with the consequences, its all brought on themselves. With the amount of elderly people being beaten to death by these scum they deserve everything thats coming to them,
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
GINN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GINN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 5:58am
That's a fair point lads. And I'll be honest, in most cases i agree with you. But I feel in too many cases people tend to swarm towards the "victim" almost instantly. Cases are more complicated than that lads. Let's let the law take it's course before we jump to any pre-mature conclusions.

And Sligo hornet. Who's to say he did or didn't? The information is too vague. Maybe we should all the hear the entire case before jumping to conclusions.

And as for the point of being allowed to take the law onto your own hand when someones on your property. Does that mean back in the old days when robbing apples from a local orchard was harmless fun, the owner had the right to kill you. Give me a f**kin break.

People really need to stop making decisions with their heart, and instead with their head. Stop asking all the gruesome things they would do in such a situation. And instead asking what the courts will do?

Let the law take it's course.
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 6:46am
From www.Rte.ie 19 July 2010

The Government has published the home defence bill, which allows people to use 'reasonable force' against intruders to defend themselves, others or their property.

The Criminal Law (Defence and the Dwelling) Bill 2010 permits a tenant, homeowner or visitor to stand their ground when attacked in a home and specifically states there is no requirement for a person to retreat.

Read the home defence bill

The Bill also states that the reasonable use of force can in some circumstances result in the death of an intruder.

On RTÉ's News at One, Minister for Justice Dermot Ahern said that under the legislation the use of reasonable force could result in the death of an intruder, but that each case would be decided by a court.

The Bill has been published in the wake of a six-year debate on the rights of homeowners to defend themselves, their family and their property following the death of John Ward in Mayo in 2004.

Mr Ward came onto farmer Padraig Nally's property without permission, and the 66-year-old beat him with a stick and shot him twice.

He was subsequently found not guilty of manslaughter.

The Bill defines 'justifiable use of force' and allows for such force to be used by the occupier or another lawful occupant to defend themselves, others or the property.

Fine Gael Justice Spokesman Alan Shatter said it was 'regrettable that Fianna Fáil delayed publication of this Bill until after the commencement of the summer recess'.

Mr Shatter added: 'The provisions contained in the Bill which permit a homeowner or resident to use reasonable force to protect himself or his property, or to prevent the commission of a crime are welcome.

'It is this fundamental reform in our law that has been required for many years.'

The Irish Council for Civil Liberties said it would 'closely' study the content of the draft Bill.

First Commander-Galway Regatta
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 6:52am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

If I seen someone outside me gaf at me car and there was a knife nearby I'd be picking it up and whatever happens happens!

Some **** has broke into me Da's taxi twice in the last couple of months, smashing the small side window in the back door then letting himself in and taking the change. No doubt he'll be back again. Would do serious damage to a **** like this if I caught him in the act

I totally hear where your coming from but do you realise that by carrying a knife you are much more likely to be stabbed yourself.

Edited by Babysis - 23 Jun 2011 at 6:53am
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 6:53am
the Majority of decent people are sick of this bleeding hart liberalism, which defends scumbags, over the normal Joe.
Robin a few apples, is different to breaking into a home in the middle of the night, tooled up with a screwdriver.
Im generally not a violent bloke, but if a scroat breaks into my home in the middle of the night, the Limbic system kicks in and its fight or flight, you cant run cause your already home so the fight reaction kicks in. Also if the scum sense any weakness they will clear you out, so go for the jugular I say
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 8:02am
Originally posted by GINN1916 GINN1916 wrote:

That's a fair point lads. And I'll be honest, in most cases i agree with you. But I feel in too many cases people tend to swarm towards the "victim" almost instantly. Cases are more complicated than that lads. Let's let the law take it's course before we jump to any pre-mature conclusions.

And Sligo hornet. Who's to say he did or didn't? The information is too vague. Maybe we should all the hear the entire case before jumping to conclusions.

And as for the point of being allowed to take the law onto your own hand when someones on your property. Does that mean back in the old days when robbing apples from a local orchard was harmless fun, the owner had the right to kill you. Give me a f**kin break.

People really need to stop making decisions with their heart, and instead with their head. Stop asking all the gruesome things they would do in such a situation. And instead asking what the courts will do?

Let the law take it's course.

WTF Ginn?  Of course one swarms towards the victim, they're the fookin victim FFS! Confused

What's complicated about it?  I own my house from the gate in and the back/side walls in.  You cross that line with intention to rob and armed with a weapon, I'll defend my house and family with everything I have.  You have no business being there, you have no permission to be there, so if I feel brave/confident/stupid, I personally will pummell you until you are no longer a danger to my house or family.  What's complicated about that?

Far too much namby pamby, criminal's-rights, do-gooding fookheads these days.  

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 8:08am
Originally posted by Babysis Babysis wrote:

I totally hear where your coming from but do you realise that by carrying a knife you are much more likely to be stabbed yourself.
Ah now Babysis, being from Tallafornia I'm sure Andy can use a knife.
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
TangyZizzle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TangyZizzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 8:12am
There's always the chance that the home owner can prove in court that what he did was reasonable taking into account the actions of the burglar, in which case he'll be let off without punishment. It is a dodgy situation to find yourself in. Definitely know your rights.. or at least plant a gun on him after you've sliced him up.
God save Ireland! said the heroes, God save Ireland said they all.Whether on the scaffold high or the battlefield we die,Oh what matter when for Erin dear we fall!

Dalyer - so good they sold it twice
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2011 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Metal Paul Metal Paul wrote:

Originally posted by Babysis Babysis wrote:

Ah now Babysis, being from Tallafornia I'm sure Andy can use a knife.
Andy is Crocadile Dundee Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic