You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Haye v Klitschko

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
Poll Question: Who you up for?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
29 [43.94%]
37 [56.06%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 6:07pm
David Haye was toe-tally outclassed.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

the broken toe excuse is laughable at he wasn't mentioning it till after he lost surprise surprise 

He's hardly going to do an interview during the fight Confused

the toe is meant to be broken for weeks and hes been saying hes been in perfect health before the start of the fight its a very lame excuse for losing the fight if you ask me

I havnt seen the interviews my stream went. My question for you is... if you were in a fight against somebody, would you tell them you had a broken toe before the fight?

with all the focus on this fight i think if the haye camp would think this would cause haye to lose the fight it would of been leaked to the press someway or another its simply haye didnt lose this fight cause he had a broken toe he was beat by a better boxer

I think Haye clearly lost myself by the better the more efficient boxer but why the hell would any of Hayes camp leak that he has a broken toe to the press. Your hatred of Haye is clouding your thinking.

i never said anyone in his camp would leak the info but with all this focus on the fight do you honestly believe somebody wouldn't have picked up on it as the ones on sky said he limped out of the ring cause of it but he didn't limp into the ring cause of it! its a lame ass excuse instead of just saying the better boxer won

I shall requote you then " i think if the haye camp would think this would cause haye to lose the fight it would of been leaked to the press someway or another" .

And i shall get back to the point and take you back to the post i have taken exception to " the broken toe excuse is laughable at he wasn't mentioning it till after he lost surprise surprise". I shall ask you again why would they let his opponent know about an injury?

they would not have let his opponent know of any injury granted your right their landon so congrats for making me admit what i said is flawed however haye cannot use this as a valid excuse for losing this fight when for the last few weeks he has been telling anyone that would listen to him he was gonna knock klitscho out do you honestly believe this broken toe is the reason he lost this fight
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 6:15pm
Some great stuff flying around twitter. A lot of English athletes/celebs coming out as Haye haters....in particular excuse haters:

Joey Barton: "He's not thrown a toe in.........took being a hype-up muppet to the next level this buffoon. Even karate kid won with a broken foot...."

Jay Bothroyd: "I can tell everyone a local pain killer in your toe you will feel nothing I've been there had them"

Alan Carr: "Broken toe??? I thought it was boxing not riverdancing"

Darren Lewis(Daily Mirror): "To those who say he went 12 rounds by a man taller and heavier, whats your point? He beat Valuev who was 2 ft taller and 4 stone heavier."

Robbie Fowler: "Reminds me of monty pythons the holy grail... "I've cut your arms off" " ok, we'll call it a draw"

YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 6:15pm
No i dont think that Haye would of won the fight, toe or no toe. He didnt have the reach to win and Dr Steelhammer is too efficient.
Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by sheasy sheasy wrote:

Originally posted by Stoked Up Stoked Up wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Ringerbell's last link is perfect BSM
yeah im on it now ye ****,sh*t sorry wrong threadBig smile
Yep, thanks RB.

Haye claiming a broken toe hampered his movement. Maybe but I'm not so sure it would have made any difference as Klitchsko's reach and weight advantage, was too strong.
 Nah now that is rubbish, if haye had broken his big toe on his right foot then it without doubt would hamper everything about his game.  Anyone who's broken their big toe on their good foot knows even how hard it is to keep your balance in the shower

I broke my big toe once* and played a game of football afterwards.

As others have said, there was no way Haye's camp would've admitted to it prior to the fight, as obviously Klitchsko's camp would have used this to his advantage. Anyway, it's hugely dependent on the type of break, (http://ask.metafilter.com/33957/How-long-for-a-broken-toe-to-mend) although, three weeks can be enough to heal a broken toe.

* Travelling out to a game in the back of a van, I tried to kick one of my teammates, who had thrown a kit bag at my head and I booted a wheel arch instead, when he jumped out of the way.LOLEmbarrassed
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2011 at 8:51pm
stayed up til 6.45 am to watch it, up again at 9am, not even close, totally out-classed, wouldnt have been happier for the bollox
JH91 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JH91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 12:57am
Quality performance tonight from Klitschko.
Seemed like Haye though it be much easier to get inside him. Klitschko a lot quicker than I expected.
Fair play to Haye though, whens the last time we had a heavyweight fight with build up like this? He's been a revolution for (heavyweight) boxing.
So what's next for Haye?
Is it retirement or will he try redeem himself against Vitali?

Edited by JH91 - 03 Jul 2011 at 12:58am
Percy View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Percy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 4:18am
just voted for klitschcoThumbs Up
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 5:16am
if the broken toe was an issue the fight would have been but back 6/8 weeks.Haye was well and truely beaten .Rematch maybe ,Klitschko has no reason to give one bar the huge money on offer and Vitali could fight him but hes a better fighter than Vlad so either way hes losing again.Sky can do some hype job on a fight.HBO dont bother with the Heavyweights anymore and that says it all.

Edited by rossieman - 03 Jul 2011 at 6:02am
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 5:58am
Originally posted by JH91 JH91 wrote:

Quality performance tonight from Klitschko.
Seemed like Haye though it be much easier to get inside him. Klitschko a lot quicker than I expected.
Fair play to Haye though, whens the last time we had a heavyweight fight with build up like this? He's been a revolution for (heavyweight) boxing.
So what's next for Haye?
Is it retirement or will he try redeem himself against Vitali?
personally think that Vitali is better than his brother and would imagine their camp realises this. Probably a fight against a no hoper in America, just to give him a bit of exposure, before retiring and heading for Beverly Hills.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 6:02am
Meant to say Joey Barton's comment was absolutely brilliant. He can be hilarious at times, although not usually outside a McDonalds or whilst smoking a cigar!!
Sloop John G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sloop John G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 6:06am
Originally posted by Sloop John G Sloop John G wrote:

If anyone else made that comment, everyone would be LOL. Let's be honest.
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 6:30am

If anyone else made that comment, everyone would be LOL. Let's be honest.
I'm joining Sono, let us start a petition
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 8:26am
One of my friends is bombarding people on facebook saying that Haye fought well. LOL
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by joejoe joejoe wrote:

Originally posted by SteviesGranny SteviesGranny wrote:

Dont get all the Haye haters. Ye he is a cocky so and so but all boxer's are. Haye around 2.76 on Betfair when I looked earlier, worth a punt?

+1
 He's well entitled to be cocky, he's the best fighter on the planet. Haye's top man. And as for calling Ali racist, you try growing up in South in the 40s and 50s as a blackman and see what you think of white people. You try arriving home from winning a gold medal for ''your'' country, wearing it around your neck and getting refused service  in an American restaraunt.

Ali's a legend and Haye is well on his way

Embarrassed

Do you read The Sun much JoeJoe?
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 3:53pm
Klitschko open to re-match if Haye really wants it.

Silly man Haye will be if he makes this mistake.
Out of order
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Carmody 10 Carmody 10 wrote:

Klitschko open to re-match if Haye really wants it.

Silly man Haye will be if he makes this mistake.
Was reading earlier Haye wants a rematch as doesnt want to retire on a loss and Wladimir wants to fight him to punish him more LOL
Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2011 at 4:10pm
"If David Haye really wants to make himself look funny against me again, fine lets do it, only difference this time is I will knock him out"

Cant see Haye bottling it so a re-match is defo on the cards.
Out of order
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415>
  Share Topic