You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anthony Stokes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 135>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 12:42pm
Lafferty is still getting in NI squads and even playing but hasn’t scored for them for years. Like Stokes he’s done well in Scotland but his innate disadvantages-stupidity,ill-disciplined behaviour, unwillingness to listen or learn, impossible to manage in a professional football environment-have followed him around like a bad smell. Stokes was a better player but too flawed to realise what once was great potential.
Sponsored Links

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

so much talent, crazy to think hes only turning 34 in about a week. seems like he has been washed up for some time now, have to imagine hes hurting financially as well

He’s been broke the last few years...he owed alot of money to some ex teammates that he’s paid up and some he hasn’t.rumoured to have signed for Liffey wanders.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Technical_method View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Technical_method Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 11:50pm
I dont think there's a footballer that's had more last chances than Stokes. What on earth is he going to do with himself for the next 40 years.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 10:26am
Didn't his auld fella ban the Queen from his northside boozer when she visited Dublin before?! LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 10:48am
Yeah it's actually his uncle though.

I think his old man died when he was a nipper, his uncle John took him in as his own.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 1:33pm
Was released on bail again yesterday ahead of a hearing next month.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Yeah it's actually his uncle though.

I think his old man died when he was a nipper, his uncle John took him in as his own.

Thumbs Up
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 4:41pm
Having basically had to deport him back to Scotland to appear in court it's quite something that they let him out again on condition that he'd turn up of his own accord next time. Presumably if he comes back to Ireland and doesn't cross the border into the north there's nothing much they can do to get him back there again.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 5:04pm
Offer him a mars bar in batter and a contract with Hibs and he'd be over like a rat up a drain pipe
It would damage this forums' reputation
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2022 at 5:59pm
Reading about Stokes's personal life reminds me of Patrick Bergin's character in Sleeping With the Enemy.
counterlock View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote counterlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 4:18pm
An arrest warrant has been issued for him today
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 1:14pm
Spotted in Belfast yesterday 
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

maybe hes signing for linfield?
tapfit2004 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tapfit2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 8:30pm

Let Christy Take It.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

maybe hes signing for linfield?

LOL
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 10:09pm
he’s an absolute scumbag . Anyone that sees him should alert the authorities get the dirt out behind bars once and for all. What an absolute waste of talent . Horrid bastard 
Here we go again, we're on the road again
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

he’s an absolute scumbag . Anyone that sees him should alert the authorities get the dirt out behind bars once and for all. What an absolute waste of talent . Horrid bastard 

Spot on Elvis. 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2022 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

Spot on Elvis. 

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 130131132133134 135>
  Share Topic