Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anthony Stokes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126127 135>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 6:45pm
Hard to believe he's still only 31. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 6:48pm
You should check out his instagram page.

He's just eating take away food and gargling most nights which will be no surprise to any one

Edited by horsebox - 30 Apr 2020 at 6:48pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

He's just eating take away food and gargling most nights which will be no surprise to any one
So the same as the rest of us then?
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 7:10pm

I wouldn't blame him after spending months in Iran. LOL

I'd say he behaved himself over there. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 7:10pm
He was an excellent prospect when he went to Arsenal at 15/16. It was the first time I think that a club brought his family over to stay in london. His Dad got a job coaching with them. 
Anthony himself always had a swagger about him and other young internationals looked up to him .... except BOCKER BAILEY
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 7:36pm
Who would that be ? Robert Bayly who played a few times for Leeds and Ireland underage , is it ? Stokes was indeed an outstanding young prospect once but didn't develop to Arsenal's standards and would not have got a look in under Wenger. Sunderland signed him having seen off competition from Charlton who were also in the Premiership at the time and played him upfront with Daryl Murphy originally but he didn't do much there except get locked at the Glass Spider most nights. Did the business in Scotland okay for Celtic, Hibs and Falkirk but largely a lot of promise wasted. Too much, too young, like many another.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

So the same as the rest of us then?

Yes!
Although he's meant to be some sort of professional footballer.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 7:48pm
That ship has long sailed!
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 7:51pm
Yes couldn't agree more too much too young. I just hope this doesnt happen to another high profile young irish lad. 
Ye Robert Bocker Bailey some lad. Mind you I always liked them both but both had mad streaks in them. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 8:01pm
Did Bayly get any time for getting caught with gear in Ballyer?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 8:05pm
Ye hes out now but got at least a year.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 8:07pm
I'm sure I have asked this before, but, and obviously apart from being a Jack, how do you get a moniker like 'Bocker'. I did try Google and only got pictures of a spaniel.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 8:49pm
Somebody please answer this question 

Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Does the hair still have the texture of arse/ball hair? 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2020 at 9:32pm

Somebody please answer this question 

Does the hair still have the texture of arse/ball hair? 

What are you on about?

They dont take it from your swiss or towners. Its from the back of your noggin. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

when i saw this thread bumped it got me thinking about how little he accomplished with ireland despite his early promise/talent. he is 31 as you mention, compared to below in his age range, he really should have done more;

Stokes(31) - 9 caps/0 goals

Simon Cox(33) - 30/4, made euro 2012 squad

Anthony Pilkington (31)- 9/1

Connor Sammon (33)- 9/0

Alan Judge (31)- 9/1

Daryl Murphy is a bit older at 37 but he got 32 caps/3 goals and was part of the euro 2016 squad
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

when i saw this thread bumped it got me thinking about how little he accomplished with ireland despite his early promise/talent. he is 31 as you mention, compared to below in his age range, he really should have done more;

Stokes(31) - 9 caps/0 goals

Simon Cox(33) - 30/4, made euro 2012 squad

Anthony Pilkington (31)- 9/1

Connor Sammon (33)- 9/0

Alan Judge (31)- 9/1

Daryl Murphy is a bit older at 37 but he got 32 caps/3 goals and was part of the euro 2016 squad

A lot of that is down to manager preference to be fair. Stokes form with Celtic certainly warranted more than 9 caps, but Trap had a grá for playing Cox instead.
We're decent enough..
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 1:41pm
During the Euro 2012 process (qualifiers and championships) he had a very good claim to be there, and he could have been interchanged for Simon Cox. He was a really good goal scorer at that point.

Still though, he is that one player I just can’t like. I think everybody has one. You generally have a “liking” for most of the people who play for your team. It’s a tribalism. It’s how Man U fans could defend Cantona, or Liverpool fans, Suarez. But there will always be the one you won’t be able to bring yourself to like. And Stokes is that for me.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2020 at 1:47pm
I never minded him at Celtic,  largely as the other mob hated him and he showed, on his day, he could be a quality player. His performance for Hibs in ending their cup drought means he will never have to buy a drink in Leith again. He was brilliant that day and showed he could do it on the big occasion. If he had put the same effort into his entire career he would have had a lot more than nine caps.
Easy to mock him for being 'scum', I have a feeling there is a little bit more to it than that. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 123124125126127 135>
  Share Topic