You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

YBIG Pub Spy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Shark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2008 at 9:24am
Originally posted by The_Yank The_Yank wrote:

I am American born (just invoke the granny rule)  But when I am over my sexy American accent works well.
I would suggest you take lessons in Dublinese and pu them into use around the Santa Cruz Beach areaThumbs%20Up
Justice Shark View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice Shark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 3:56am
Fraziers Upper o'Connell Street

Frazers

1. Atmosphere : After doing my upmost to avoid this place in checking out O'Sullivans and The Oval Bar first on assurances from Eire 32 and someone else that they had Channel 5, which of course they didn't ( I believe now you have to have the English Skybox to have this), I ended up back in this sh*thole. While you can always watch a game here, it's the loud mouth Italians that ruin things for everyone else with their ignorance towards everyone else. It's also weird with three to five different matches been watched by different groups at the same time.
2. Service : Very average. One person behind the bar and a joke at half time. Luckily iy wasn't my round when it was busy.
3. Jacks : Too far away but clean enoug
4. Chances of Scoring : Despite the fact that I was on the Northside, this is a blokes pub with the odd token bird accompanying their fellas. This is not a pub to pull a bird.
5. Quality of Jar : Very Poor. Learned that some time ago so resorted to bottles of German Beer of some description last nite. it's the safest thing to do here.
6. Pricing : Expensive. You will clear a Fiver for a pint and more for bottles.
7. Quality of Food : Very average sh*te cooked downstairs that's overpriced as well.
8. Smoking Area : There's a stairwell upstairs out the back with a view well skips and rubbish bins and the back of other buildings. Other than that, it's all the way down to street level and a view of junkies
9. Reading Materials : Bring your own and keep an eye on it
10. Music & Entertainment : None. Make your own.
To sum up, if you want watch a  match on Channel Five and can't get it anywhere else, go here have a few jars and leave straight away.Celtic fans used to meet here but now go to o'Sullivans and it's pretty obvious why. The place is sh*te. Rating :Star

Edited by Justice Shark - 19 Sep 2008 at 4:13am
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 2:54pm
BUMP
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 3:01pm
that justice shark fella knew his stuff , you looking to keep this thread going sono ??
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

that justice shark fella knew his stuff , you looking to keep this thread going sono ??

No he's notCry. He's just had a lot of leisure moments in work and is resurecting old threads Embarrassed LOL
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
paulc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paulc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 3:31pm
Originally posted by billybob billybob wrote:

Allowed eat a bag of chips whilst supping on your pint.
Newspapers available at bar to size up your afternoon bets

Thats my local, you can bring in your own food, plenty of papers for the geegees, free crisps, bacon fries, scampi fries & nuts, but sadly lack of talent, the barmaid (owners daughter) is a grumpy hoor
The big man from donegal has set it up...
The nation holds its breath...............yes were there

Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Quite possibly Milla, tis a quality idea in fairness.

McG get on the case and let us know your next destination Clap

Aido - Leisure time is good don't knock it LOL
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Justice Shark Justice Shark wrote:

I will be conducting a weekly review of a selected licensed premises from now on..it could be anywhere from The Black Sheep in Coolock to The Horse Shoe Bar in The Shelbourne Hotel. I will rate each boozer in terms of atmosphere, clientele, staff, cleaniness, chances of pulling a bird, quality of pint and price of pint. It will mainly be confined to the Greater Dublin Area but as I'm going to Galway this weekend I think it's only fair that I start there...more to follow
If anyone has any other categories that they think I should also include please let me know

has the medication helped you since you were diagnosed as HIV Positive?
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2009 at 5:18pm
LOL
Gouldinho09 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gouldinho09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2009 at 8:11pm

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 7:28am
RIP The Graduate
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Justice No. 1 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 7:10am
Was in Bruxells yesterday with a few mates after work. Playing pool and downing pints for €4 as well as rocking out to Metallica. Not a bad spot these days with the pool table and €4 pintsClap
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 7:15am
Bruxelles is a great spot
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 7:18am
that place not full of d4 wannabes and rugger heads?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 7:20am
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

that place not full of d4 wannabes and rugger heads?
far from it windbag. rockers really and then the odd ride like myselfTongue
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 7:29am
Great to see Pub Spy back Clap
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justice No. 1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 7:32am
Originally posted by Honey Monster Honey Monster wrote:

Great to see Pub Spy back Clap
Wink

Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Justice No. 1 Justice No. 1 wrote:

Was in Bruxells yesterday with a few mates after work. Playing pool and downing pints for €4 as well as rocking out to Metallica. Not a bad spot these days with the pool table and €4 pintsClap

Nice . Were the pints really €4? The last time I was in there it was over a fiver a pint. And that was evening time!
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic