You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Derry City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 42>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Confirmed now. We move on, hopefully the club haven't been stung heavily financially. Good luck to Roddy but it wasn't good, who next ?

Well he'd be entitled to the rest of his contract if ye sacked him so ye could be in a bit of a financial bother paying off that. How long was his contract?
Omnia Causa Fiunt
Sponsored Links

Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 8:00pm
Sean Connor - he's a good lad really Henry. Don't mind what everyone else says about him........

Declanus View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Declanus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 8:00pm
In fairness RTID called it at the start of the season.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 8:00pm
Moral of the story - don't take on a club legend when your team isn't winning games and playing sh*te . There was only going to be one winner there, I dint think there is a more respected person in Derry than Peter Hutton.

I would worry if we appointed him though, he didn't do much of a job at Finn harps and was deemed not to have the credentials 6 months ago and I can't see how that has changed.

This sacking had to happen, there were bigger issues and something had to give
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Richmond Ultra Richmond Ultra wrote:

Confirmed now. We move on, hopefully the club haven't been stung heavily financially. Good luck to Roddy but it wasn't good, who next ?

Well he'd be entitled to the rest of his contract if ye sacked him so ye could be in a bit of a financial bother paying off that. How long was his contract?

They are saying "mutual consent" at minute. We have cash, I said a few weeks ago that the money we got for Burnley going up and McLaughlin making his forest debut could be the nail in roddys coffin

2 year deal as far as I know. Our chairman is a tight man I'd be surprised if roddy got anything more than what was reasonable.

It was a gamble, was never gonna be mediocre, gamble didn't pay off - we move on
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

Shamelessly stolen from another forum

The Five Stages of Roddy

1: Support
2: Denial
3: Confusion
4: Outrage
5: Relegation

Well we got all the first four in before the fifth occurred LOL

SHH was warned at the start of the season by any poster on here with a brain what was around the corner. He played dumb and insisted we didn't have a clue what we were talking about Clap
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by starryplough starryplough wrote:

The Five Stages of Roddy

SHH was warned at the start of the season by any poster on here with a brain what was around the corner. He played dumb and insisted we didn't have a clue what we were talking about Clap

No I said consistently that I would give him to the break and judge him for myself . Everyone is entitled to their opinion - I chose to form my own opinion and not simply accept someone else's. He has done some good things and I think he may have turned it around on the pitch but off field matters took over and I think the club have made the correct decision for all concerned.

Hopefully we can have a proper transparent recruitment process this time around
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 8:41pm
Roddys never reached stage 5
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 8:51pm

The Five Stages of Roddy

No I said consistently that I would give him to the break and judge him for myself . Everyone is entitled to their opinion - I chose to form my own opinion and not simply accept someone else's. He has done some good things and I think he may have turned it around on the pitch but off field matters took over and I think the club have made the correct decision for all concerned.

No from memory you quite arrogantly told us we all had an irrational hatred of him and that was skewing all our opinions Embarrassed.

You didn't have to immediately jump onto the Roddy out bandwagon but you could of at least listened to advice, some of whom witnessed his tricks in front of their very eyes. Instead you told us all to f**k off and that he was the man for you.

Your arrogance is your ignorance
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 9:02pm

The Five Stages of Roddy

No from memory you quite arrogantly told us we all had an irrational hatred of him and that was skewing all our opinions Embarrassed.

You didn't have to immediately jump onto the Roddy out bandwagon but you could of at least listened to advice, some of whom witnessed his tricks in front of their very eyes. Instead you told us all to f**k off and that he was the man for you.

No I said Rtid had an irrational hatred ffs he sounded like Willie Frazier on acid.

Please post up where I told posters to " f**k off and that he was the man for you." Stop making up lies you moron.

As I have said I listened to the decent posters in here who were anti-roddy and the few who were pro roddy. I gave him a chance and said I'd form my own opinion at the break. It is in a number of posts in the other thread.

It hasn't worked out that is football

Happy to debate football with anyone on here but if you are going to make up lies to further your agenda then I'll leave it there with you and bid you good night .
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 9:14pm

The Five Stages of Roddy

No I said Rtid had an irrational hatred ffs he sounded like Willie Frazier on acid.

Please post up where I told posters to " f**k off and that he was the man for you." Stop making up lies you moron.

As I have said I listened to the decent posters in here who were anti-roddy and the few who were pro roddy. I gave him a chance and said I'd form my own opinion at the break. It is in a number of posts in the other thread.

It hasn't worked out that is football

Happy to debate football with anyone on here but if you are going to make up lies to further your agenda then I'll leave it there with you and bid you good night .

What lies? You fell for his cliches and bluster before a ball had been kicked ffs. When the rest of us warned you about how we had all heard similar sh*t before, you told us we had irrational hatred and were bitter.

Not in those exact words but you did tell us to basically f**k off and you went with Roddys fairytales...

Does anyone in the country have a good word to say about him apart from a few misty eyes Bohs fans?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 9:25pm
Nice backtracking - so I didn't say it ffs

Hold the back page - "New manager comes to club, fan backs him" world exclusive !!

It seemed to grate on you and Rtid that I didn't accept your opinions as gospel. As with everything,I am my own man, I form my own opinions on people so to me roddy came to the club with a clean slate.

It has not worked out and roddy has to carry the can, the pressure got to him and his treatment of Peter Hutton and his pressers were unacceptable.

This whole "I told you so" routine makes you look pathetic. Grow up man ffs !!

Edited by Stillhuntinghenry - 11 May 2014 at 9:26pm
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 9:34pm
And to think you were still defending this imposter today. You were well warned

I wouldn't worry Henry, you aren't the first person to fall for Roddy's routine and won't be the last. What stuck you out from the crowd was the aggression in which you told us we were all bitter and, quite laughably, jealous.

Edited by roverstillidie - 11 May 2014 at 9:38pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 9:56pm

And to think you were still defending this imposter today. You were well warned

I wouldn't worry Henry, you aren't the first person to fall for Roddy's routine and won't be the last. What stuck you out from the crowd was the aggression in which you told us we were all bitter and, quite laughably, jealous.

I gave him credit for the positive things he did ie getting highly paid under performing players out, having the balls to get rid of deery, bringing in cliff Byrne and Aaron Barry, dropping Shane mceleny from CB and finally sorting the back 4 out.

Those were the positives

The negatives were his style of play, the results, bizarre team selections, falling out with players and staff and crucially his treatment of pizza and his pressers. I clearly said today that I thought he would be gone and I think the club have made the correct decision.

I can accept poor football and results when we are in a new era but personally I found his press comments about the club being built on sand and his treatment of pizza to be unacceptable .

There you have it
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2014 at 10:50pm
I see Starryplough found out for the liar he is with his made up quotes! LOL

Anyway Roddy is a fool, glad Derry got rid, good club with good people behind it. Onward and upwards for the Candystripes
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 12:04am
A number of players have also left the club afaik

Onwards and upwards !
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 12:15am
Actually, today you were saying that he was bringing in new players and that might fix it..

The negatives were his style of play, the results, bizarre team selections, falling out with players and staff and crucially his treatment of pizza and his pressers. 

In other words, exactly what was predicted pre season. 

I understand defending your club and even giving the panto dame the benefit if the doubt, but you were so far beyond that it was hilarious. There is a lot of schadenfreude towords you today because you were so bizarrely aggressive towards the 99% on here who think Roddy is a t**ser. So get it right up you. 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2014 at 12:16am

A number of players have also left the club afaik

Onwards and upwards !

Yet you still believe that the Roddy regime won't cost Derry a fortune?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 42>
  Share Topic