You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Derry City

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 41>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2014 at 11:48pm
Collins hits back as fans vent fury

Derry City 0 Limerick 0

Press Association – Published 22 April 2014 02:30 AM

DERRY CITY were booed off the pitch by some of their supporters at the Brandywell, where a 'Collins Out' banner was unveiled at the final whistle.

"I understand people's frustrations and it would be ideal if we could batter everyone four or five-nil but that's not going to happen," said manager Roddy Collins. "You can only work with what you have, and I'm happy with the players' attitude. If people want to sl*g or whatever, I have heard it all before."

Derry didn't come to life until late in the second half when substitute Patrick McEleney entered the action.

The talented midfielder started to pull the strings and created the best chance of the match on 80 minutes with a pin-point cross, but Ryan Curran's close-range header was easily gathered by Limerick goalkeeper Barry Ryan.

The visitors nearly stole the points in the closing stages when Shane Tracy's free-kick from 25 yards flew just over the crossbar.

Derry City – Doherty; Collins, Byrne, Elebert, Barry (Jarvis 67); Duffy, Foy, Molloy, McGovern (R Curran 56); Stewart (McEleney 70), E Curran.

Limerick – Ryan; Kelly, Folan, Oji, Williams; Duggan, Agyemang (McManus 59), Hughes; Mann (Rainsford 69), Gaffney, Tracy.

Ref – P Tuite (Dublin).

Another row this time with Patterson and someone else allegedly?

Edited by starryplough - 22 Apr 2014 at 11:49pm
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Sponsored Links

Richmond Ultra View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 1:05pm
Shane McEleney is the second player
Omnia Causa Fiunt
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 1:08pm
"You can only work with what you have"

Was he not saying at the start of the season that his squad was as good as anyone elses?
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 1:34pm
Tongue
That was quicker than I expected!
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 1:47pm
Think outside the box lads - who has he fallen out with ??
"Not one cent" - RTID on Mark Quigley's pay-off from Shamrock
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

Ask the fans and players of Carlisle, Shamrock's, Floriana,Cork City, Monaghan and now it appears Derry
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 2:09pm

For when it all goes sour, proper sour, I am running a book on your response:

4/7 - you never really liked him and never defended him

evens - he should have been given more time

3/1 - he is too good a manager for a provincial club like Derry and has moved on to bigger and better things

4/1 - he was great auld gas and that is worth the 10 years damage he has done to the club

8/1 -  its the fans small time mentality that they hounded him out

1,000/1 - I completely bought his bluster and bull and was a fool to not listen to everyone else who had to deal with him.

Feel free to add more
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 2:19pm
This is the guy he has had a bust up with http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/derry-city-star-rory-patterson-avoids-prison-after-biting-mans-face-during-drunken-fight-outside-bar-29616445.html

If he was falling out with Barry molloy or Ryan McBride I'd be more worried. Patterson is a bully and a loose cannon
You''ll not find many players running to his defence (or fans for that matter)

Big deal, player and coach have bust upon training ground, coach drops player for a couple of games. It happens everywhere and Rory had numerous bust ups with other players and the management team last season.I'm much more concerned with what is happening on the pitch

Edited by Stillhuntinghenry - 23 Apr 2014 at 2:23pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 2:30pm
But no-one but you is talking about player bust ups. And you have been talking about how great this player is all pre season

The rest of us are discussing the fact that less than 10 games in a section of the support has got the banners out.

In your own time.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 2:33pm

This is the guy he has had a bust up with http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/derry-city-star-rory-patterson-avoids-prison-after-biting-mans-face-during-drunken-fight-outside-bar-29616445.html

If he was falling out with Barry molloy or Ryan McBride I'd be more worried. Patterson is a bully and a loose cannon

Big deal, player and coach have bust upon training ground, coach drops player for a couple of games. It happens everywhere and Rory had numerous bust ups with other players and the management team last season.I'm much more concerned with what is happening on the pitch

Interesting the BT say Derry City Star and not Northern Ireland International..........
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Interesting the BT say Derry City Star and not Northern Ireland International..........

That would be the BT alright. I don't know what happened in the row but I wouldn't be too bothered if Patterson goes, I think we'd see the younger lads flourish. The way we are playing concerns me more
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 2:52pm
The same Patterson you predicted as top scorer? Now you 'aren't bothered if he goes'?

You are consistantly inconsistant. I like that.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

The same Patterson you predicted as top scorer? Now you 'aren't bothered if he goes'?

You are consistantly inconsistant. I like that.

He scores goals no doubt about that but he is a loose Cannon and there is no doubt about that either. I've criticised his attitude on here on numerous occasions, he can get away with it when he is scoring bagfuls but when heis not then he really isn't worth the effort
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 3:02pm
Looks consistent to me

Stillhuntinghenry 23 Oct 2013 at 1:48pm   Edit   Quote   Reply
Wheelo wrote:

Towell was the stand out player this year, no doubt about that.

Kenny did brilliantly, but Buckley was pick of managers. Always loved watching his teams, they always play ball.

Buttimer was referee of the year, and hero of the year.

Special mention to Rory Patterson. Has looked a class above at times

G'luck to whoever Patterson goes to next season, he's a bully and a thug. Will not be missed by the squad at the brandywell
G'luck to whoever Patterson goes to next season, he's a bully and a thug. Will not be missed by the squad at the brandywell
KingswoodRover View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KingswoodRover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 3:57pm
Sad to see should an empty ground, although i think Roddy's pioneering of a new type of anti-football football is driving whats left of the fan base to do things like fishing, bowls tiddlywinks and bog-snorkeling on a friday night. I reckon the justice of the peace could do a lot to reduce petty crime in Derry by threatening compulsory attendance at Derry home games. Seriously a good exciting Derry team playing to decent crowds is a major plus for the league...not gonna happen under the chancer.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 5:00pm
When did you see an empty ground ?

We''ve had problems at home long before roddy came, we were awful at home last season and attendances dwindling. We were much better away.

People can keep trotting out the same cliches but the facts don't really back them up

Edited by Stillhuntinghenry - 23 Apr 2014 at 5:01pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 5:24pm
The only one 'peddling cliche's' is Roderick. You just choose not to see it.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2014 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

The only one 'peddling cliche's' is Roderick. You just choose not to see it.

zzzz did roddy shag your bird or what ?

Happy to debate the current situation at our club with anyone who is interested .But I'm not responding to these stupid comments peddled out over and over again.

It is just like listening to Willie Frazier blaming the RA for everything from horse meat to primary school training camps
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 41>
  Share Topic