You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome Queen Lizzie

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 26>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Yapster things change -

As a republican i was against this visit - but as time went by I started to accept it and now i think it was a great move for everyone especially the country.
It means we have moved on in so many ways. The legacy of the past have been removed which may not seem like much but I really thing this will move us on a country and as people.

American  presidants coming to Ireland is always great for everyone involved especially if they are democratics.

I was against it but agree with what you are saying, well at least until today when a select band of gombeens, the kind who watch sky news and read the IRISH daily Mail decided to come out from the valley of the creeping curtains and show their window licking credentials. Embarrassing behaviour from citizens of a republic.

yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

All the people who met the queen as part of the walkabout were selected to be there. They were there from the local schools and sporting clubs.

It was very sudden. The queens security team requested last night that the local schools be invited and it wasn't till this morning that the kids were told they would be going to see the queen.

Massive cringe.......a load of kids doing what they are told so that they get a day off school!!........Madness!

wonderfully choregraphed by the british security team then...  maaybe a sign of things to come maybeShocked
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:29pm
I know the 26 counties left Britain in 1937 but has britishness ever really left the Irish? 
Clonbhoy View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
AKA Sir Basil Butterpeas Esquire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clonbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by yapster yapster wrote:

I know the 26 counties left Britain in 1937 but has britishness ever really left the Irish? 
It seems its still there. I came home the weekend after the Willie's wedding and couldn't understand that RTE had showed it and it was all over the media here every bit as in London.
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Clonbhoy Clonbhoy wrote:

Yapster things change -

As a republican i was against this visit - but as time went by I started to accept it and now i think it was a great move for everyone especially the country.
It means we have moved on in so many ways. The legacy of the past have been removed which may not seem like much but I really thing this will move us on a country and as people.

American  presidants coming to Ireland is always great for everyone involved especially if they are democratics.

I was against it but agree with what you are saying, well at least until today when a select band of gombeens, the kind who watch sky news and read the IRISH daily Mail decided to come out from the valley of the creeping curtains and show their window licking credentials. Embarrassing behaviour from citizens of a republic.

And of course this wouldn't have happened in Dublin if the security hadn't been as tight there....mmm don't think so. The bitterness on here is unbelievable.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:41pm
im currently cringing at tubridy's take and that gimp off the daily mirrors take on her visit. Swooning at the queens feet they are.  I have no problem with her being her but treating her like a goddess is a total farce and embarrassment.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by Emerald Emerald wrote:

Yapster things change -

And of course this wouldn't have happened in Dublin if the security hadn't been as tight there....mmm don't think so. The bitterness on here is unbelievable.

don't think so...
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:58pm
Cork will never EVER be able to call itself the Rebel county, and that for me will be Dear Lizzie's lasting legacy.

And if anyone thinks the Dubs couldn't get near Dear Lizzie, she drove up and down the f**king quays a million times and we Dubs just waited patiently and impatiently, a barrier are only obstacle,  till she passed.. but we didn't go all Cork on it though..

CORK is the laughing stock of Ireland..and I LOVE IT

God Bless the Queen
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 5:59pm

It seems its still there. I came home the weekend after the Willie's wedding and couldn't understand that RTE had showed it and it was all over the media here every bit as in London.

As an outside observer whenever I have gone to Ireland in the last 15 years I see it more & more especially in the 26 counties. The Anglo-Irish & the AngloNorman Irish were in truth the ones who are the TRUE Irish as they contributed more to Irish Freedom & Culture than the so'calledErmm native Irish. It proved in Cork today how british some Irish still are..
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Cork will never EVER be able to call itself the Rebel county, and that for me will be Dear Lizzie's lasting legacy.

And if anyone thinks the Dubs couldn't get near Dear Lizzie, she drove up and down the f**king quays a million times and we Dubs just waited patiently and impatiently, a barrier are only obstacle,  till she passed.. but we didn't go all Cork on it though..

CORK is the laughing stock of Ireland..and I LOVE IT

God Bless the Queen

gotta say that the british & free-state security feared what would happen in Dublin but had no worries about Cork, even they know the true essence of Cork it seems..
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 6:02pm
Maybe she just wanted to meet the people of Cork?

Were a far more interesting bunch than the Dubs and I reckon you jackeens are just suffering from a case of jealousy that the queen chose to meet the Cork public rather than you dubs.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 6:05pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Maybe she just wanted to meet the people of Cork?

Were a far more interesting bunch than the Dubs and I reckon you jackeens are just suffering from a case of jealousy that the queen chose to meet the Cork public rather than you dubs.

one always likes to greet one's subjects when out..
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

im currently cringing at tubridy's take and that gimp off the daily mirrors take on her visit. Swooning at the queens feet they are.  I have no problem with her being her but treating her like a goddess is a total farce and embarrassment.

Not half as cringeworthy and embarrassing as the events in Dublin will be this coming Monday, when hundreds will be waving their mini stars and stripes to show empathy for the country which thinks it is the world's police force, and is responsible for the deaths of thousands of people in recent years. Thumbs Down
People getting their knickers in a twist because they saw a Union Jack in Cork today LOL Embarrassed

yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 6:36pm

Not half as cringeworthy and embarrassing as the events in Dublin will be this coming Monday, when hundreds will be waving their mini stars and stripes to show empathy for the country which thinks it is the world's police force, and is responsible for the deaths of thousands of people in recent years. Thumbs Down
People getting their knickers in a twist because they saw a Union Jack in Cork today LOL Embarrassed

True but The US doesn't occupy a part of Ireland now does it?
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 6:47pm

Never heard of the peace process ? I haven't seen British soldier here in the North for many a year. We've moved on, clearly you haven't.

yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 6:53pm

Never heard of the peace process ? I haven't seen British soldier here in the North for many a year. We've moved on, clearly you haven't.

I don't think you really have son..
Emerald View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emerald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 6:57pm

Do explain Daddy...

yapster View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yapster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2011 at 7:00pm

your a little too tired & angry right now son so off to bed with you and you can bring your little Queen doll with you..nite nite

Do explain Daddy...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 26>
  Share Topic