You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Super Injunctions

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2011 at 8:25pm

Originally posted by colemany2k colemany2k wrote:

I heard it was Robbie Keane....can't remember which print I read it in.

He was photographed at the opening of a London boutique, with Imogen Thomas and his own wife. 

2=2 =10 LOL

Discopants View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Discopants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 11:41am
The Sunday Herald in Scotland have published a censored picture of the footballer, can anyone guess who it is?Big smile

BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 1:20pm
It looks like the fella who wears the No.11 for Man Utd Tongue
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:00am
As far as I know it is not against the law to have an affair.  It should be none of our business what anyone gets up to in their private life, unless they are in a public postion and they have made family values statements etc on policy issues. 

I think the French and Germans and Spanish have the right idea with their privacy laws and unfortunately countries like the States and the UK and now Ireland are going down this trashy horrible road. 

Its none of our business who a player has consentsual sex with. 
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:07am
Giles Coren, the writer for the Times (the guy who does those programmes about olden days food with Sue Perkins) is being sued by a different Premier League footballer.

Apparently this other player has also taken out an injunction to cover an affair, Coren wrote a number of tweets about him during the FA Cup final, I think the tweets have now been deleted, he's got the same lawyer as Gig umm the Imogen Thomas guy, I'm not sure if that's because they play in the same town. By my reckoning he's at least the 4th England international to have a so called super injunction (Terry, Cole and Beckham being the others).

One of the tweets described him as a sh*t midfielder, I wonder if the fact that he's suing for revealing his identity is therefore an admission that he is sh*t.

If these two clowns had just ignored what was happening online instead of trying to sue twitter and a fairly high profile writer then the whole thing would eventually have blown over.
The other people involved with secret injunctions are keeping a low profile, and everyone has forgotten all about them while the two footballers make tits of themselves.
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:24am
Originally posted by Balf.airy Balf.airy wrote:

As far as I know it is not against the law to have an affair.  It should be none of our business what anyone gets up to in their private life, unless they are in a public postion and they have made family values statements etc on policy issues. 

I think the French and Germans and Spanish have the right idea with their privacy laws and unfortunately countries like the States and the UK and now Ireland are going down this trashy horrible road. 

The issue with these so-called Super Injunctions is that they are used to not only stop reporting of something, but also to stop the reporting of the fact that there is an injunction. If they're being used to cover up wrong doing by companies (e.g. the Trafigura case), politicians, or any other individual then that is a major issue. But if you're not allowed to know about them you don't know if they are covering up serious wrong-doing.

The people in question are getting "super-injunctions", not because the story isn't true (if that was the case they could wait for publication and sue for libel) but because they are true and the revelations could cause loss of earnings (because they trade on their nice guy images).
This guy is quite happy to let Imogen Thomas get hounded by paparazzi and press as long as he isn't mentioned in the UK press. His wife obviously knows about this, so it's not like he's doing it to protect her, he's simply trying to protect his income from sponsorship etc.
If he didn't want to have his private life aired in public then he should have kept his dick in his pants. He failed to do so, now he has to face the consequences. If he had just admitted to it, it would have been long forgotten by now.

I couldn't give a f**k who he has shagged, it's the hypocrasy I can't stand.

At the end of the day, you either have freedom of the press or you don't. If there are activities being suppressed by courts that mean the press can't do their job (and I mean serious stuff, not celebrity gossip) then that is a major problem.
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:28am
Originally posted by Hoosay Hoosay wrote:

Originally posted by Balf.airy Balf.airy wrote:

The issue with these so-called Super Injunctions is that they are used to not only stop reporting of something, but also to stop the reporting of the fact that there is an injunction. If they're being used to cover up wrong doing by companies (e.g. the Trafigura case), politicians, or any other individual then that is a major issue. But if you're not allowed to know about them you don't know if they are covering up serious wrong-doing.

The people in question are getting "super-injunctions", not because the story isn't true (if that was the case they could wait for publication and sue for libel) but because they are true and the revelations could cause loss of earnings (because they trade on their nice guy images).
This guy is quite happy to let Imogen Thomas get hounded by paparazzi and press as long as he isn't mentioned in the UK press. His wife obviously knows about this, so it's not like he's doing it to protect her, he's simply trying to protect his income from sponsorship etc.
If he didn't want to have his private life aired in public then he should have kept his dick in his pants. He failed to do so, now he has to face the consequences. If he had just admitted to it, it would have been long forgotten by now.

I couldn't give a f**k who he has shagged, it's the hypocrasy I can't stand.

At the end of the day, you either have freedom of the press or you don't. If there are activities being suppressed by courts that mean the press can't do their job (and I mean serious stuff, not celebrity gossip) then that is a major problem.

And how does this classify as ''serious stuff''ConfusedConfused.
It's their private lives, absolutely nothing got to do with the public.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:35am
Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

I think what he means is that these sort of 'super-injunctions' in general are dangerous. In this instance, it is being used to cover up celebrity gossip. However, they can also be used to cover up more serious issues.

I think Hosay has an excellent point to be honest - you either have free press or you don't. Unfortunately in countries like the U.K and the States - money talks, and those that have it can generally buy themselves out of trouble. Should be the same rule for all - down with super-injunctions! Thumbs Down
Hoosay View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoosay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 6:02am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by Ireland4ever Ireland4ever wrote:

I think what he means is that these sort of 'super-injunctions' in general are dangerous. In this instance, it is being used to cover up celebrity gossip. However, they can also be used to cover up more serious issues.

I think Hosay has an excellent point to be honest - you either have free press or you don't. Unfortunately in countries like the U.K and the States - money talks, and those that have it can generally buy themselves out of trouble. Should be the same rule for all - down with super-injunctions! Thumbs Down

Yep, that's exactly what I mean.

I think that court proceedings should only be secret in exceptional circumstances (protection of children in abuse cases for example), for the most part they should be open and public. So while you can get an injunction temporarily stopping publication of something, the fact that you have been in court to get an injunction should not be secret, and any injunction should be temporary only.
The Daily Star Sunday published a list of all the anonymous/super injunctions that they were aware of (they basically got a reporter to go through the list of injunctions against the paper). There were something like 50 in total. One of them involved someone who is now dead, but the injunction still holds, it's a farce.

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 8:43am
Lads this is the same line the papers have used.

Its a false dichotomy.  

You can have a free press, and not have reporting of tittle tattle and the private lives of celebrity.  Many European countries have free press but do not report this sort of rubbish because they have laws that prevent it. France being a leading example.  There is no reason in hell that you cannot have a law that allows reporting of so called serious stuff but prevents tabloidesque reporting of the private lives of private citizens whether they are famous or not.  Just because somebody is famous or earns lots of money does not mean they are fair game to having their private lives reported in the paper, in the same way you would not like it done of you if you were having an affair.  As I said there is a big difference between the public interest and what the public are interested.

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 10:09am
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:09am
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:18am
How come posts are still being deleted, genuine question. Is it not public knowledge since it was announced in parliament and being beemed around news wires??

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 11:19am
John Hemming Thumbs Down
petej1963 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petej1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Jack Charlton was named as the footballer on twitter. Apparently he's been having it off with her regularly. Told his wife he was going fishing.

LOLLOLLOLLOL

Sleep gentle our Rose of Mooncoin.......
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:58pm
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:01pm
Some Brit MP named Giggsy under Parliamentary Privilege, so finally this farce is over.  Giggs was an idiot to go getting injunctions, it was ALWAYS gonna come out.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 5:24pm
There is apparently 80 super injunctions currently issued by the courts.......thats a lot of newspaper space.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic