You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Renting/Buying a tux

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 5:31am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Cheers Trapped. May need to go the tailored route.
"there was definite cupping" :)
Tell him Ross that's how they measure pants. "yes, yes it is - IN PRISON!"
el2nz View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el2nz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 5:53am
Last time I looked in Marksies it was cheaper than €100, but that was in the middle of Debs season, so might not be as cheap now. I think the one I bought was £49 stg, and it's grand.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 10:14am
Mcg, I bought one last year for the New Lansdowne opening in Marks  and Sparks for about €100 - you can borrow it, but doubt it would fit you- you can try it out.

There is a new suit place opposite the Hairy Lemon, they were doing two suits for the price of one. And I think they also do a trade in with your old suit now. I've two wedding this year and need a new suit so might suss that place out as well.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2011 at 10:17am
Cheers Bob. Doubt i would squeeze into it but ill leave it as a back up plan. Ankle beaters Cool

100 notes for a tux in Marks or a suit Bob? Will check out that other place too. Willing to shell out 200.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 3:11am
No bothers.

About 100 for a tux I think, might have been a bit more
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 10:17am
serious value in some of the traditionally more expensicve suit shops in town (dawson street) - they have a massive price mark up so they will haggle on the price. i like baumler suits myself, they have a shop on dawson street and have serious deals at the minute.

defo buy a black suit and buy a dress shirt, you'll use the suit again
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2011 at 10:23am
i gave Honeymonster the lend of a tux a few years ago, couldnt be bothered collecting it...nice one and all your welcome to it if H.M still has it. contact HM about it.
flick View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 8:10am
€128 in kildare village with free shirt and bow tie
GWAN YBIG
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic