You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 182>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 12:07pm
I’d have him back in on that form if it continues, but for the love of god don’t let him near set pieces, he’s built up a myth over the years he can do it but he just can’t.lwb would be a shout though.
No Pasaran!
Sponsored Links

Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 12:31pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Thought he played really well last night, his passing was decent, but noticed most of his crosses still hit the first man, and hit some really poor set pieces. he either seems to hit a ball perfectly or really poorly.

Yeah I've noticed that about him myself in the past. I think it's because he tries to put a lot of pace on his crosses. It's way easier to float a ball into the area but he really fizzes them instead. There is much more room for error. 

Completely agree, he really whips them in. Duff was some man for floating a ball in. Rarely hit the first man but doesn’t give attackers much to work with. 
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 12:33pm
I thought his deliveries last night were decent.
Took the corners and they caused all sortsa issues for the defenders.
I can only imagine Duffy on the end of those!
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 2:01pm
hell deffo be back in the squad . Kenny is a big fan of him . In fairness he’s always done well for us and hasn’t had a decent run anywhere really in the last few years . Still has a few years left in him if he can stay fit
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 2:50pm
Hate being the killjoy on this but wouldn't be hopeful of RB making much of an impact for us. Euro 2016 is over 7 years ago now. Unless something dramatic has changed, he will continue to be plagued by injuries. 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

hell deffo be back in the squad . Kenny is a big fan of him . In fairness he’s always done well for us and hasn’t had a decent run anywhere really in the last few years . Still has a few years left in him if he can stay fit

Yeah but theres only 2 ways he fits into the team.

1. LWB. Didnt have the legs for it 7/8 years ago when last played there. What chance does he have now post knee injuries? I've watched a bit of him this season and he saunters around the pitch for the most part. Fine as a winger, but wingback is a very physical task to get up and down for the 90.

2. Change of formation to accommodate wingers like himself and O'Dowda, which is what I fear most. The dreaded 3-4-3 where we're overran through the middle and completely rely on crosses into the box or 3-4-2-1 where we're toothless up top playing a lone forward.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 3:29pm
Agree with all of that but there's different needs versus different teams.
He's playing LWB back now and his ability to defend is not being overly challenged (PNE have yet to concede a goal this season).

Take our game v Armenia.
We'll expect to not have to defend as much and will use the WBs as supplemental attacking wingers.
This game is setup for the likes of Brady where we can utilise his touch, vision and creativity and not suffer much for his limitations.

Maybe then revert to McClean for Scotland.

Edited by Fozz - 17 Aug 2022 at 3:30pm
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Hate being the killjoy on this but wouldn't be hopeful of RB making much of an impact for us. Euro 2016 is over 7 years ago now. Unless something dramatic has changed, he will continue to be plagued by injuries. 

i unfortunately agree, but if he can stay healthy, another option at least, although as you say i think he'd be a backup at best
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 7:05pm
Who knows, Robbie might not even want to play international football anymore and might decide use the international windows as a rest/recovery period to prolong his career. You would not blame him if he did give up international football after the last few years of injuries he endured. Didn't he get injured a few times while on international duty?

Edited by darman28 - 17 Aug 2022 at 7:21pm
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Exactly it's three games into the season, maybe after 10 games in a row I'd be less sceptical.
It would damage this forums' reputation
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 9:02pm
Robert needs to show us consistency
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 4:48am
Originally posted by Loc Loc wrote:

Thought he played really well last night, his passing was decent, but noticed most of his crosses still hit the first man, and hit some really poor set pieces. he either seems to hit a ball perfectly or really poorly.

Yeah I've noticed that about him myself in the past. I think it's because he tries to put a lot of pace on his crosses. It's way easier to float a ball into the area but he really fizzes them instead. There is much more room for error. 

Completely agree, he really whips them in. Duff was some man for floating a ball in. Rarely hit the first man but doesn’t give attackers much to work with. 
I have such vivid memories of floated Damien Duff crosses 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by GreenDodger93 GreenDodger93 wrote:

Originally posted by Loc Loc wrote:

I have such vivid memories of floated Damien Duff crosses 

He was particularly bad for it when playing on the right, couldn't really whip the ball in with his weaker foot so it was usually a sort of chip into the box.
We're decent enough..
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 8:31pm
El Puto Amo
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 5:59pm
Another MOTM performance vs Watford (0-0).
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2022 at 6:02pm
Anyone that watched the match should have gotten motm instead. Was a dreary watch and probably could have picked a name from a hat. Which might have been done as home player has to get motm.

Good to see him play another 90mins though and was on the receiving end of a couple of tough tackles.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2022 at 5:55pm
Another full 90 for Brady. That's 8 starts in a row & 6 full 90's.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2022 at 8:36pm
Playing in central midfield for Preston and probably the best of 6 irish players on show. Maguire doing OK in parrott position and Riis has actually scored. Molumby yet to give the ball away, but also yet to play a forward pass. Browne at rwb tonight has been skinned by diangana a few times.
Idah Dream!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 176177178179180 182>
  Share Topic