You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 182>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 11:10am
Brady is signed as cover for David Brooks. I certainly don't see him as competition for Kilkenny in that deep lying role. As for him as our No.10 absolutely not he needs to worry about his club career and Kenny needs to let him do as much.

McGrath Knight etc are the future not to write Brady off completely if he came back to his very best but we need to move on and if he plays his way back to us then so be it.

Just hope he can get a football match or two soon even if it's only the reserves for the first few weeks build up some fitness. They are light as far as wingers go Bournemouth so he may get a look in at playing down the line.

Edited by kevin100 - 18 Oct 2021 at 11:12am
Sponsored Links

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 11:14am
Brady was Bourne to Run.
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 11:17am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I definitely think Brady still has loads of offer us if he can get fit, either in that number 10 position behind Robinson, or at left wing back. Hopefully he can get fit and get into the team there relatively quickly. 

Hopefully his signing doesn't knock Kilkenny a peg further down the ladder though.

Never convincing as a central midfielder or as a 10 for us..but imagine that's where SK will look to play him. 
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 11:19am
Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

I definitely think Brady still has loads of offer us if he can get fit, either in that number 10 position behind Robinson, or at left wing back. Hopefully he can get fit and get into the team there relatively quickly. 

Hopefully his signing doesn't knock Kilkenny a peg further down the ladder though.

Never convincing as a central midfielder or as a 10 for us..but imagine that's where SK will look to play him. 

IF he manages to get himself fully fit and playing regularly, then the only role for him in the Irish team currently is as one of the 2 behind the striker in the 3-4-2-1 and he faces plenty of competition for a spot there. He is not and never will be a wing back.
Idah Dream!
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 11:19am
I was told he was close to going to Boro before Bourenmouth , look just happy that he has a club Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 11:31am
The Bourne Identity
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 11:37am
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Originally posted by 10 Box 10 Box wrote:

IF he manages to get himself fully fit and playing regularly, then the only role for him in the Irish team currently is as one of the 2 behind the striker in the 3-4-2-1 and he faces plenty of competition for a spot there. He is not and never will be a wing back.
Yeah..would agree with that. Never convinced as a full back either. Wing is by far his best position. Not sure there is enough juice in the tank as a wing back anyways plus would be hard to see him get ahead of Stevens/McClean as things stand.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 11:42am
Brady gets a serious amount of hype on here. He hasn't done a lot of good since the Euros 5 years ago.

Look I hope he proves me wrong and reignites his career but I can't see him getting a consistent run of games. 
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 2:56pm

What actually is his best position?

He has been a victim of his utility skills
I genuinely don't know.....
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by B6 6HE B6 6HE wrote:

Physios table..
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 3:16pm

LW / RW. Hes abysmal anywhere. He wont fit into our current system.

I have a horrible feeling Kenny is going to trying to find a place in the team for him at the expense of someone else and it'll be nothing but a disruption to the balance and form in the system we have going at the minute.

Hopefully he'll focus on his club career for the time being and then come in for the March friendlies.

Edited by Bandwagon - 18 Oct 2021 at 3:17pm
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

I have a horrible feeling Kenny is going to trying to find a place in the team for him at the expense of someone else and it'll be nothing but a disruption to the balance and form in the system we have going at the minute.

Hopefully he'll focus on his club career for the time being and then come in for the March friendlies.

Dont think he has much chance of making the November squad tbh, and tbf I cant see Kenny even considering him for selection unless he starts 3 or 4 games in the interim and gets some decent minutes under his belt, highly unlikely. Needs a good season, both fitness and form wise if he wants to get back into contention for the Nations League campaign. Plenty of competition for those 2 spots behind the striker. At his best, and it's difficult to know what that is these days, he could be a realistic option, but he has a helluva lot to prove at this point. However Horgan who is the same age is currently in the squad and imo Robbie potentially has a lot more in his locker than him, so he shouldnt be written off.
Idah Dream!
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Kenny does seem married to Brady alright. Brady needs to move on from Ireland for the time being and Kenny/we need to let him. Staggering people actually think he should be brought in again. He's even more injury prone then McCarthy. 

We need to be moving on McGrath/Knight etc should all be occupying the two spots between the main striker and the two CMs. It's vital you have someone who can link the forwards and 2 sitting CMs in that situation as well as possessing the engine to cover that ground. Brady would be hopeless at it. 

Good luck to him and I hope he really does find form again but we need to move on from him. 

Edited by kevin100 - 18 Oct 2021 at 3:31pm
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 4:03pm

Towel boy.
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 4:23pm
Brady as wing back if he gets fit would be a big boost to this team. Still loads to offer. 
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Brady as wing back if he gets fit would be a big boost to this team. Still loads to offer. 

No way. Hes even worse than McClean defensively and he has no pace whatsoever to be getting up and down the wing even in his prime. At least McClean has his athleticism and stamina to do that for 90 minutes and has somewhat of a defensive and positional sense to do the tracking back and to make the interceptions and tackles needed.

Brady is best used in the final third. LW/RW only. Hes been tried as a #10 plenty of times and it never suited him. Was an OK makeshift LB too when we were short bodies, as good as Meyler was at RB but neither a position either should have been playing if not for injuries.  

Edited by Bandwagon - 18 Oct 2021 at 4:35pm
greenshoots View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenshoots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 5:08pm
Isnt it funny, Brady is another one on here that totally divides opinion...  some people have a real affinity with him and want him back playing and can see him playing wing back or as a 10, and others have decided he's years past his sell by date, are horrified he's being considered and think we should move on!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by greenshoots greenshoots wrote:

Isnt it funny, Brady is another one on here that totally divides opinion...  some people have a real affinity with him and want him back playing and can see him playing wing back or as a 10, and others have decided he's years past his sell by date, are horrified he's being considered and think we should move on!

Its like Hendrick, we know the pair of them have bags of ability and talent in their locker but the frustration with the pair over the last 5 years is down to knowing exactly what they can bring to the team but rarely ever do.

Brady is a little different with his injuries but given that Hendrick has looked to have turned a corner since September under Kenny, I'll hold off on any judgement or criticism of Brady.

I just hope he and Kenny have the sense to leave him be with Bournemouth for the time being and let him build up fitness and hopefully some form before being included again.

Plenty of time next year to get back involved .

..and Id love nothing more to see him do it. I just feel hes heading into James McCarthy territory and will forever be in a state of a start/stop career.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 171172173174175 182>
  Share Topic