Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 182>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Don’t worry about it. McClean will start at LM next game.

While sharing the bench at woeful Stoke with Hogan.

Depressing, but 100% correct. Brady might have a chance of playing on the right though, where he has never done well for us, because, well, sure, that's just the way these things are. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sponsored Links

eddiebro View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eddiebro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 4:00pm

Don’t worry about it. McClean will start at LM next game.

While sharing the bench at woeful Stoke with Hogan.

Be surprised if McClean starts if he hasn’t played 
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2019 at 4:37pm
Subbed off on 65 mins
The only way is up
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2019 at 9:07am
Yer he did well yesterday on the whole , had a free kick that went into the wall which was poor i must say , but he held up the ball well when he had it and for sure he looked leggy and needed to come off . 
But positive from him but needs more games which we all know . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Stimpy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stimpy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 7:17pm
Comes on as sub and gets 2 assists so far
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by Stimpy Stimpy wrote:

Comes on as sub and gets 2 assists so far
Only came on in the 84th minute too
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 8:45pm
Good to see but green tinted glasses off,  they were fairly bog standard close range passes any player would make.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by valo88 valo88 wrote:

Good to see but green tinted glasses off,  they were fairly bog standard close range passes any player would make.

Exactly. Bit over the top in calling them ''assists''....
The only way is up
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 9:22pm

It reminds me of a time Wes put in a pin point cross into Brady’s head, and some of the folks here went nuts about McGeady’s bog standard pass in the build up.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 10:22pm
seems he is back to 2016 form
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2019 at 10:24pm
I'm pretty sure everyone acknowledged the brilliance of Wes cross immediately, it was only in the aftermath when the usual suspects started b*tching about McGeady that it was pointed out he also played a big part in goal, carrrying the ball out of our half (something we always struggle to do) and then picking out Wes in space.
We're decent enough..
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 9:11am

It reminds me of a time Wes put in a pin point cross into Brady’s head, and some of the folks here went nuts about McGeady’s bog standard pass in the build up.

I don't think so in fairness. That's some exaggeration.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 10:51am
Lads lauding Robbie as the 2nd coming of Jesus Christ is hilarious. He would have been just as brutal if he was playing in the double header as well. I'd imagine he will be released at the end of the season.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 12:20pm
Who' exactly is lauding him as being the second coming? No one, that's who. As usual you're talking out of your posterior. Brady's a good footballer, certainly more capable than McClean, simply recognising that hardly equates to over hyping him.

Edited by The O'Shea - 27 Oct 2019 at 12:21pm
We're decent enough..
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 2:37pm
Worst type of post: “some lads on here...”

Brady won the ball back for the first goal, and played a 1-2 to open up space for Rodriguez. Also played a 1-2 for the second goal. Both were shots from distance, so it’s not like he played a decisive pass for either, but he did his best with 7 minutes on the pitch. Also picked up a late booking stopping a Chelsea breakaway in the last minute.

One of the few players we have who can play with the ball at his feet. Hopefully he gets back to his best soon.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2019 at 5:30pm
Definitely . He can play football. It’s not like hot potato when it gets to him like most of the other options. We just need someone in the middle who is confident on the ball and can play little one twos with the likes of Brady , o dowda , Robinson. That player could be jack Byrne but he’s not going to risk him against Denmark. Georgia would have been ideal to get him some competitive minutes but the game wasn’t going our way.
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 5:51pm
No O'Shea, read the other threads. This lad has been terrible for us since that goal against Italy. 

He got injured and now that he is back getting a few mins he's the saviour. He was crap before, nothing is suggesting to me he is now going to be better. 

His best attribute for years was his set pieces, I remember the last time he donned the green jersey he couldn't beat the first man. 

Technically yes he is good but he is a long way from rescuing us. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2019 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

No O'Shea, read the other threads. This lad has been terrible for us since that goal against Italy. 

He got injured and now that he is back getting a few mins he's the saviour. He was crap before, nothing is suggesting to me he is now going to be better. 

His best attribute for years was his set pieces, I remember the last time he donned the green jersey he couldn't beat the first man. 

Technically yes he is good but he is a long way from rescuing us. 
No doubt he has been sh*te since 2016, but how many games has he played in positions he is capable of playing? He is never a left-back or right-winger in a month of Sunday’s! Nor can he play centrally, if he isn’t going to be picked in the position he can play he should never be picked.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 143144145146147 182>
  Share Topic