Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 182>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Eh, make that suspended 11 times now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 1:40pm
how stupid are lads on here hopeing they might change their minds and play for us,they have picked england they are english and thats grand,be fcked if their going to be welcomed to play for ireland if and when they dont make it with england!
Sponsored Links

trapnoclue View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Eh, make that suspended 11 times now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 1:41pm
on robbie brady he would def offer more to the squad than hunt!
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 1:53pm
anyone else hear Kilbane on Newstalk at the weekend?
According to him, Brady is ready for the Premier League and thinks he's going to be a wonderful player in future
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 2:20pm
If they've made their choice now when they had the offer to play for either then they should stick to it. So that is it with them in my eyes. But again, I say good luck to them.

On Robbie Brady, I haven't seen too much of him. Was following him a lot at the start when he first moved, anyone know how he has been doing? was he playing every game?
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2012 at 5:33pm
Brady was on form for the U-21s last year, scoring afew goals & causing defences alot of problems.I seems to be playing & starting regular enough, havent heard how he playing though, can't be playing badly if he's in the starting 11 alot
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 3:06am
There English and have made their decision, time to move on.
Honey Monster View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Semi-Pro

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Honey Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2012 at 4:08am
Disappointing but hardly surprising given our youth set up compared to England's
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 5:27pm
Brady scored for hull there today, I think he was out injured for a while but good to see him back & scoring also
irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 5:33pm
Should be in the squad for the euros! Trap should be gone if he isnt!
Here we go again
Predator View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 5:40pm
Brady will be playing regularly in the Premier League before long and when he is, he will be a mainstay in our squad, as he is currently in the U21 squad. He is unlike any of our current wingers in my view. He is technically outstanding, has a tremendous shot and cross. His vision is excellent. He's also a hard worker and tracks back very well, as well as being strong in the air. 
End Apartheid Now! One Team in Ireland!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Predator Predator wrote:

Brady will be playing regularly in the Premier League before long and when he is, he will be a mainstay in our squad, as he is currently in the U21 squad. He is unlike any of our current wingers in my view. He is technically outstanding, has a tremendous shot and cross. His vision is excellent. He's also a hard worker and tracks back very well, as well as being strong in the air. 

If that is the case then why does he hardly ever complete 90 mins?
Something is a miss with his performances I reckon.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Predator View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 7:30pm
In the games I saw him play in in the flesh for Ireland, he completed the full 90. He has been brilliant in the games I've watched. In terms of how he fits in at Hull, I couldn't tell you to be honest. Perhaps it's a tactical thing. We shall see.
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2012 at 8:13pm
Clap
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

Brady scored for hull there today, I think he was out injured for a while but good to see him back & scoring also

Great to hear.  I can see this kid getting a call-up to the seniors sooner than a lot of people may think.  He knows how to achieve.
  He did a lot more than just pick up an award the other week.  He obviously took on board the comments Trap and Tardelli made about MacClean when they said that the main reason for his (McClean's) call-up was down to the fact that he was scoring- it was a "signal" to them.
  I also think he could be the better of the two but both could easily fit into the same team.  Go RobbieClap

5 goals to go Robbie!
Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 3:25am
Better prospect than McClean in my opinion
ThrowInDelap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThrowInDelap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 4:40am
Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

Elaborate. Stats etc..?

If time's a drug, then Big Ben is a huge needle injecting it into the sky.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 9:47am
Originally posted by Predator Predator wrote:

In the games I saw him play in in the flesh for Ireland, he completed the full 90. He has been brilliant in the games I've watched. In terms of how he fits in at Hull, I couldn't tell you to be honest. Perhaps it's a tactical thing. We shall see.

Under 21's is a different story than the EPL or senior international football.
Loads of players who play at under 21 level don't push on and establish themselves in the senior side.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Predator View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Predator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 10:58am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Under 21's is a different story than the EPL or senior international football.
Loads of players who play at under 21 level don't push on and establish themselves in the senior side.
I'm well aware of the fact that many do not push on after U21 level in Ireland and I am aware that U21 international football, by definition, is different to the EPL and senior international football.

I do, however, think that competitive U21 international football is worthwhile and that it should not be so readily dismissed - it should be, and is, acknowledged alongside a player's club form. I met a well known Chelsea scout at a recent U21 game who was on his way to the Northern Ireland v Serbia game the following night. It is all taken into consideration. There is a reason why Noel King is charged with the task of recommending to Trapattoni and Tardelli potential additions to the senior squad. At a guess, I'd say that's why Conor Clifford - who hasn't been playing much - made it into a recent squad as a late call up.

You say you've followed Brady at Hull; out of interest, how many games have you watched and what would you say about his performances and contribution? I have only seen some highlights in that regard, but a quick glance at stats shows me that in league competition, he has made more than double the appearances that McClean has, scoring 3 providing one assist. Have you seen any of his performances for the U21s or U19s? His contribution there, I can say for certain, has been outstanding.

Dunne23 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dunne23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2012 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by ThrowInDelap ThrowInDelap wrote:

Originally posted by Dunne23 Dunne23 wrote:

Elaborate. Stats etc..?

I don't have any stats, I can just go by what I've seen, and I feel Brady looks like more of a threat. McClean is a big physical player, and while he is pacey and possesses a decent cross, I think he's a bit predictable at times. Like Coleman, he's a hard worker, but I don't think he is as composed on the ball as Brady. I think Brady could become a real star for us. They're different granted, and at this moment it's McClean who making the headlines, but I think Brady has the potential to go further. Just my opinion.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 182>
  Share Topic