You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177 182>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 9:57pm
and all he did was get burned and give away a free.
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 2:49pm
Starting today Shocked
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 3:04pm
It says he is at left back on the BBC website

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by darman28 darman28 wrote:

It says he is at left back on the BBC website

Looks like he is with Zemura and Smith out.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 3:31pm
great to see Robbie back.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 5:31pm
Lasted the 90 minutes anyway which is good to see regardless of how he got on
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2021 at 7:18pm
Good on yer Robbie Clap
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 12:30pm
Not in the squad today. Fair to say it's not working out for one reason or other so far. I'd be surprised to see him retained if they get promoted.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 12:40pm
I think both were integral parts of what the team was supposed to be after Euro 2016. If both had continued on their trajectories there was a fantastic opportunity for them to form an integral part of a longstanding midfield. Imagine if Rice and Grealish were part of it too? The reality is, we're not just hurting from the loss of those players to England, but the fact that McCarthy and Brady had their key years scuppered by injuries, Hoolahan was just that bit too old when he became a key player, and Arter's early promise didnt materialise. Thats six midfield players who, on paper could have been the backbone of a team going to the World Cup this year. Instead injury, defection and loss of form left us woefully short.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I think both were integral parts of what the team was supposed to be after Euro 2016. If both had continued on their trajectories there was a fantastic opportunity for them to form an integral part of a longstanding midfield. Imagine if Rice and Grealish were part of it too? The reality is, we're not just hurting from the loss of those players to England, but the fact that McCarthy and Brady had their key years scuppered by injuries, Hoolahan was just that bit too old when he became a key player, and Arter's early promise didnt materialise. Thats six midfield players who, on paper could have been the backbone of a team going to the World Cup this year. Instead injury, defection and loss of form left us woefully short.

I don't think Arter was ever good enough TBH.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 12:50pm
Twitter saying that he picked up a minor knock.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 12:54pm
I think, being honest, even if he's injured today, he's not a top end Championship player any more, never mind a Premier League one. Lower end Championship, or maybe even League 1 or Scotland might be more his level now. 

Not his fault, just destroyed by injuries. At least he had a good early part of his career before the injuries, some don't even get that. If he's been sensible he'll be financially set for life.

Edited by You Tell Me - 15 Jan 2022 at 12:54pm
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 9:49pm
Is he injured again?
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 9:55pm
Think he was but was pictured training last week. Doubt we'll see him in squads with the new arrivals Bournemouth brought in last month.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2022 at 10:42pm
His legs have gone lads. He's only started 1 game this season so its not like he's getting injured from playing. Who will want to take a chance on him next year with a record so bad?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 4:37pm
You have to doubt that he'll play international football again.

King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

You have to doubt that he'll play international football again.

His injury was a career ender. I’m surprised he’s actually passed a medical since.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 5:16pm
Even when he is fit he looks a shadow of the player he was five years ago. It's an awful shame for him, but he's pretty much done as a pro footballer I think at this stage.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 173174175176177 182>
  Share Topic