You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Brady

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 167168169170171 182>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 2:02am
Is he that injured/ unfit that clubs are not willing to have him come in and train with them? 
Sponsored Links

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 9:34am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Is he that injured/ unfit that clubs are not willing to have him come in and train with them? 
I'd say its largely down to how injury prone he is but it could just as easily be his wage demands. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 9:48am
Could be covid too. No point having an extra person in for training. It just adds unnecessary risk.

Hopefully he gets a good move now. Be great to see him go abroad and have a late career renaissance like Cascarino had in France 
B6 6HE View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B6 6HE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2021 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Could be covid too. No point having an extra person in for training. It just adds unnecessary risk.

Hopefully he gets a good move now. Be great to see him go abroad and have a late career renaissance like Cascarino had in France 

France is an under utilised avenue for Irish players.

Even regular game time in Ligue 2 would be good.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 6:22pm
RTE reporting that Swansea aren't interested which is a shame. I'd like him to remain in England and a decent championship move might have suited him (might have convinced Obafemi to re-commit alsoSmile). I don't think the mooted move to Turkey will help our cause. Robbie is still only 29 and there's no doubt that if can find form and fitness, then he has that spark that not many others in the squad have. Hopefully he sorts sthing decent sooner rather than later.

Idah Dream!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

RTE reporting that Swansea aren't interested which is a shame. I'd like him to remain in England and a decent championship move might have suited him (might have convinced Obafemi to re-commit alsoSmile). I don't think the mooted move to Turkey will help our cause. Robbie is still only 29 and there's no doubt that if can find form and fitness, then he has that spark that not many others in the squad have. Hopefully he sorts sthing decent sooner rather than later.

Why? Fenerbahce, Galatasaray and Besiktas are huge teams. Teams like Istanbul Basaksehir and Trabzonspor are decent. The fans are passionate. The weather is nice.

It's not a lifelong commitment or anything!

The Nandos and pubs will still be there in 3 or 4 years when he's retiring.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 6:41pm

Hes finished. Nobody wants to touch him. Even when 'fit' he has looked miles off the pace of top flight or International football. Sure his form before his serious knee injury was similar to Hendrick, one decent game for every 10 bad ones. Hes massively over rated. Had one good season with Norwich in 2015/16 which coincided with his forum for us late 2015 - summer 2016.

Time to forget about him and McCarthy.

Edited by Bandwagon - 14 Sep 2021 at 6:42pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Hes finished. Nobody wants to touch him. Even when 'fit' he has looked miles off the pace of top flight or International football. Sure his form before his serious knee injury was similar to Hendrick, one decent game for every 10 bad ones. Hes massively over rated. Had one good season with Norwich in 2015/16 which coincided with his forum for us late 2015 - summer 2016.

Bit of a brutal summary but I can't offer any realistic counter argument.

Injuries have plagued his careers from early on, its hard to see where that's going to change.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:13pm
I'd agree with the general consensus, but hope springs eternal. Maybe he has an unlikely Indian summer to his career. At his best he was a talented kid!
Idah Dream!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:18pm
Dont get wrong, I'd love nothing more to be proven wrong by him but I just cant see it.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:20pm

I'd agree with the general consensus, but hope springs eternal. Maybe he has an unlikely Indian summer to his career. At his best he was a talented kid!

More chance him spending a summer in India playing in the ISL.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:29pm
At what point does he start panicking about getting a move? I know technically he can sign at any stage, but you'd imagine the longer he is without a club the more reluctant a team will be to sign him. He can train all he wants with the FAI fitness coach but not training with a team and playing games will set him back. 
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

At what point does he start panicking about getting a move? I know technically he can sign at any stage, but you'd imagine the longer he is without a club the more reluctant a team will be to sign him. He can train all he wants with the FAI fitness coach but not training with a team and playing games will set him back. 

Has likely already been offered a 'pay as you play' contract with a club but that would be very risky for him. Non pay as you play would be risky for them.

DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:42pm
On this subject whatever your thoughts on SK or Big Mick you have to admire their  decency with regard to in this case Robbie being involved with the squad and then Mick bringing in Richard keogh after Derby treated him badly.….not the same thing but Harry Arter was very grateful for how SK managed him recently.
Good to see in my opinion.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2021 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by DR.HUGO DR.HUGO wrote:

On this subject whatever your thoughts on SK or Big Mick you have to admire their  decency with regard to in this case Robbie being involved with the squad and then Mick bringing in Richard keogh after Derby treated him badly.….not the same thing but Harry Arter was very grateful for how SK managed him recently.
Good to see in my opinion.

It's a good shout, it's a decent thing to do. Mick has always looked after the irish lads and its good to see Kenny do it too.

They're irish players after all, other players see this too and feel that they'll be looked after too.
Loc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Loc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Think it’s a bit harsh myself. As recently as January he was playing v well for Burnley, was a regular and scored a great goal against Everton. Burnley fans seemed to be v impressed. Just seems his body couldn’t behave unfortunately! 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 8:14am
I wonder could a short 2 - 3 month stint in the LOI be worked out to get his fitness up. Be a benefit to all parties 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2021 at 9:04am
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

I wonder could a short 2 - 3 month stint in the LOI be worked out to get his fitness up. Be a benefit to all parties 

No, moving from being a premier league player to a loi player would hinder his chances of getting a decent club.  No agent is going to let him do that just to build fitness.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 167168169170171 182>
  Share Topic